Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Beav,

I just re-read your post and see that yours is a pump. I really want one with the reservoir. I need a repeater. But thanks.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Travis, a head shot with a silenced .22lr would do the job nicely. There are some big ones hanging around the canals within 3 blocks of my house, but I don't mess with them. Some of the latins around here either use a snare or spear.

Planning on changing your diet with the new move? smile

I just need something to kill. I have my suppressed stuff but I was told big numbers hang out in residential areas and that discharging a firearm is a big no-no in most city limits. But air guns are usually legit. Depending on the town.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
And yes, I will eat them.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by JimH
Originally Posted by deflave
JimH,

Do the 25's kill more better than the 22's in your experience?

Never had a .22 air rifle,but the .25 smacks squirrel's noticeably harder than a .22 short,plus they are quieter,more accurate and safer,as the pellet slows down sooner .My marauder shoots a 25-26 grain pellet 850 fps.Sight in at 35 yards and down 1.5"@ 50. Easily shoot 1/2" or better @ 50 yards on a calm day.I own several nice .22 sporters and target rifles and the marauder is the most fun rifle I own.

This is a good thread right now. I've been thinking of buying one, but I don't know much about them. I want to shoot squirrels off of the bird feeder and get the buzzards off of the roof of my house and barn. I'm not sure if I want to necessarily kill them or not. But if it comes down to it, I might want to.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Copy....Flav, wish you the best in Florida...I am trying to eventually get to MT like most everyone else..Watch for gators. They are everywhere!

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B2

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Copy....Flav, wish you the best in Florida...I am trying to eventually get to MT like most everyone else..Watch for gators. They are everywhere!

Thanks.

If you move here, watch for pheasant and grouse. They'll fugk up your windshield.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by StoneCutter

This is a good thread right now. I've been thinking of buying one, but I don't know much about them. I want to shoot squirrels off of the bird feeder and get the buzzards off of the roof of my house and barn. I'm not sure if I want to necessarily kill them or not. But if it comes down to it, I might want to.

SC,

I know fugk all about air guns as well. Be careful shooting buzzards. They're usually protected.

And if you see one fall off a hi-line pole, they make a tremendous thud. Grin...

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Travis, a head shot with a silenced .22lr would do the job nicely. There are some big ones hanging around the canals within 3 blocks of my house, but I don't mess with them. Some of the latins around here either use a snare or spear.

Planning on changing your diet with the new move? smile

I just need something to kill. I have my suppressed stuff but I was told big numbers hang out in residential areas and that discharging a firearm is a big no-no in most city limits. But air guns are usually legit. Depending on the town.

Flave, worry not. There will be plenty of iguanas to kill and eat, although I've not eaten any in years. There are some Latin folks who crave them And hunt them religiously. And yes, most municipalities frown on discharging a firearm within city limits. That's why I mentioned .22lr and can. With CCI SV's and a can on my Kidd 10/22, all you hear is a click. Ruger MKIII AND TacSol upper with same only slightly louder.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
You're seriously gonna eat the fuggin things?? sick

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Ain't nothing more quiet than a bolt gun and subsonics. NUTTING.

But I'm a law abider.

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

SC,

I know fugk all about air guns as well. Be careful shooting buzzards. They're usually protected.

And if you see one fall off a hi-line pole, they make a tremendous thud. Grin...

They are protected. I just want to sting'em in the ass. Then they can go tell all of their buddies that it's not a cool place to schit.

Last edited by StoneCutter; 04/09/18.

Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Actually, I went ahead and bought this. I cheaped out though. They had a Gamo Swarm Maxxim that I was thinking about, but I wasn't ready to spring for $200.00. I had a bunch of Cabela's points, so the gun and some pellets was only $15.00 out of pocket. I ain't planning on doing any serious killing...............yet.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/GAMO-VARMINT/2261963.uts?slotId=11

Ronald Reagan
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
If you buy a marauder and pump you are going to be in the 650-700 range,plus scope.I had a couple friends that balked at the price,but both had guns worth far more that they hadn't used in years.I told them to sell one and buy something they would actually use.I've had a few springers-RWS and Beeman and there is no comparison.Pumping the marauder can be a pain- fortunately at 275 I have enough weight to help.I don't believe a 150 pound person could use the pump.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'd go with a Marauder and tank setup. If you're in Florida there'll be plenty of scuba shops around to fill a tank for you. You can pick up a used tank for < $100 that'll fill your rifle around 80 times, and depending on the caliber, get you 24 to 50 shots per fill. The smaller calibers use less air per shot and generally are a bit quieter. I love my .25 Marauder, hits hard and very accurate. I don't know how hard lizards are to kill so not sure you need a .25?.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by tmitch
I'd go with a Marauder and tank setup. If you're in Florida there'll be plenty of scuba shops around to fill a tank for you. You can pick up a used tank for < $100 that'll fill your rifle around 80 times, and depending on the caliber, get you 24 to 50 shots per fill. The smaller calibers use less air per shot and generally are a bit quieter. I love my .25 Marauder, hits hard and very accurate. I don't know how hard lizards are to kill so not sure you need a .25?.
Good idea on the tank, although I think you would want to go with a SCBA tank that is 4500 psi vs 3000 for scuba.I get about 20 shots with my .25 before I pump-figure 4-5 pumps for each shot,so if I shoot 20 I plan on 100 strokes on the pump.Great exercise.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I went with a 237 BAR (3440psi) 100 cu ft steel SCUBA tank. I shoot my Marauder down to 2000 psi before filling. I get 20+ fills to 3000 psi, good for three magazines, but I usually keep using the tank till it's down to about 2500psi before I get it refilled. That gives me another 60+ "two magazine" fills. It's not something you want to haul out to the field with you though! shocked sick The carbon fiber SCBA tanks are nice, and light, but have a 15 year service life before they're scrap. That kinda precludes finding an inexpensive used one as most that I found were at, or close to, their expiration date.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Damn things are all over down in Mexico trav.... I've always wanted to hunt Mongoose in hawaii, nuggets are everywhere

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

SC,

They are protected. I just want to sting'em in the ass. Then they can go tell all of their buddies that it's not a cool place to schit.

That actually works. Truth. Done it.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
You know, those lizards in the video were pretty small, and I think a .22 would work.

But.... the only ones I've ever seen were down on the Yucatan, and they were HUGE. Probably 30 pounds on average. I'd probably want that .25 Marauder for those.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
I was thinking the same thing DS. There are some big fuggin' lizards down there based on what I've read.

Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

174 members (2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 45_100, 32 invisible), 2,211 guests, and 1,046 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,704
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.