Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Many times I've contemplated taking one whole day to photo-document the carnage here for the pot loving demographic here on the fire. If for no other reason than to let people see what it looks like in your neighborhood when it takes hold. Then I think screw it, why waste the time and effort on people that don't really want to hear it.

So to the above poster, thank you for a tiny fraction of a glimpse into what these people live like.

The pictures posted are insane, people living like filthy dogs,,,,aren't they considered squatters ?

They're called drug addicts and pot is likely the least of their problems. I'd bet good money booze and heroin are to be found in there.

Or Oxy, or crack, or meth...I thought is was a picture of growers setting up camp on public land.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Religion used to be the opiate of the masses...

I can see both sides of this argument but I am still in the anti-legalization camp. I am not convinced that pot has medicinal properties above and beyond what is already on the market.
Nor do I think it has passed the safety, purity, and efficacy test levied by the FDA on every other medicine. Nor do I think the social impact of legal weed has been fully evaluated.

Does this country need any more help in the apathy department?

My compromise is to keep it illegal but perhaps decriminalize possession. Throw the book at the dealers and growers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
They don't lose revenue. Here in Colorado, the cartels moved in. Our sheriff has busted 6 illegal cartel grows from Mexican , Russian and Cuban cartels since the beginning of the year. Shockingly, not only to do cartels not care about laws, they aren't in the business of paying taxes, either. Legal marijuana provides them cover to set up massive illegal grows, then they take that cash and turn it into meth, heroin and fentanyl. Neat, huh?

https://www.tellercountysheriff.com...ent_id=1530445940408877_1531416086978529

If the taxes weren't so high, the illegal weed market might dry up. But when you add 30% onto the price of a product, you're guaranteed to have a market for bootlegs.

While I'm not a fan of legal weed, the semi legal status is a very bad precedent. It either needs to be made legal, or the laws on the books need to be enforced.

T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by Doc_Paul

Throw the book at the dealers and growers.

Taxpayers have to pay for that book you want thrown....

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Or Oxy, or crack, or meth...I thought is was a picture of growers setting up camp on public land.

All about the indoor, bro.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
For those, that feel so strongly about legalization of marijuana, I, ask how bout alcohol and tobacco both are legal. My thinking is, alcohol is the true gateway drug. Most people I know start with alcohol. I, know a few pot smokers and every one started with and still use alcohol.

Now some of these dual users you would not know or suspect smoked or drank if you met them. They are productive as most would define it, work, pay taxes, and by all appearances normal folks.

Drugs, just as, guns, cars, cell phone, and religion, do not make one abuse them, people do that.

My opinion is legalize and regulate it and let the chit fall as it may. Why not, alcohol, tobacco, guns, cars, cell phones, and religion, have caused more deaths, misery, misfortune, and cost to society than marijuana and all of the aforementioned are legal.

We could get rid of the DEA (one of the reasons we have an illegal drug problem in this country, imo) , let the ATF enforce the regulations and get them off the gun owners back.

jmo

I have more but the honey is home and I need start supper.

There is a war on America and America is losing
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

No doubt indoor rules the scene, but free sunshine, free land, and free water have driven the market for years...just look at Humbolt and others.

PS: Love the song, never heard it before.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Doc_Paul

I can see both sides of this argument but I am still in the anti-legalization camp. I am not convinced that pot has medicinal properties above and beyond what is already on the market.
Nor do I think it has passed the safety, purity, and efficacy test levied by the FDA on every other medicine. Nor do I think the social impact of legal weed has been fully evaluated.

Does this country need any more help in the apathy department?

My compromise is to keep it illegal but perhaps decriminalize possession. Throw the book at the dealers and growers.

So you like the War on Drugs and all it's done for your freedoms?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Speaking of MJ......look who's stance on the subject has suddenly "evolved".
Funny how a pay check can change a career politician's view of a subject.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...er-joins-marijuana-firm-s-advisory-board

Last edited by FieldGrade; 04/11/18.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Many times I've contemplated taking one whole day to photo-document the carnage here for the pot loving demographic here on the fire. If for no other reason than to let people see what it looks like in your neighborhood when it takes hold. Then I think screw it, why waste the time and effort on people that don't really want to hear it.

So to the above poster, thank you for a tiny fraction of a glimpse into what these people live like.

Laffin......

Do the same near welfare offices and shelters.....

Or around every liquor store in a major metropolitan area....

We all know prescription meds are totally harmless....

Anywhere Democrats are in control..... is a schitt hole worth documenting.

It ain’t pot..... it’s laxy, entitled, pieces of schitt..... their drug of choice is irrelevant.

Correct!!!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The derivatives can and should be allowed to treat various conditions, and they can be cheap to produce.

Big pharma is dead set against it's being de-listed and refined into different remedies. This isn't tokin with your homies. It's using a plant to extract and refine remedies for cancer related pain and nausia, glaucoma, and epilepsy sufferers...something affordable and plentiful.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great, just what the world needs, more fat, lazy, video gaming, snack eaters that smell like a skunk's ass.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

No doubt indoor rules the scene, but free sunshine, free land, and free water have driven the market for years...just look at Humbolt and others.

You mean just this cover? Or are you saying you've missed the whole Snoop Doog- Death Row c/o Suge Knight mgt ? ??

Youre puttin us on? Right? lol laugh

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord

You mean just this cover? Or are you saying you've missed the whole Snoop Doog- Death Row c/o Suge Knight mgt ? ??

Youre puttin us on? Right? lol laugh

Never heard the song, I'm a SRV, Zepplin, Allman Bros, kinda guy....Snoop Dog doesn't make my play list smile

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
During prohibition, the feds jailed quite a few big time criminals for tax evasion when they couldn't get them on anything else. Al Capone was one of them. If they legalize pot and tax it, they'll be chasing the cartels for tax evasion instead of selling.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
During prohibition, the feds jailed quite a few big time criminals for tax evasion when they couldn't get them on anything else. Al Capone was one of them. If they legalize pot and tax it, they'll be chasing the cartels for tax evasion instead of selling.

I doubt there will be much of a black market for something you can grow easily in your back yard between the tomatoes and cucumbers...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Big_D

I doubt there will be much of a black market for something you can grow easily in your back yard between the tomatoes and cucumbers...

Question: How many people buy tomatoes and cucumbers every week at the store ? smile

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Just like they chase all the alcohol manufacturers now?

The stupid and presumptuous runs deep on this thread.

Booze and smokes kill tens of thousands more people every year than MJ ever will. You can only come up with moderately circumstantial evidence that it actually causes any harm to anyone..... but OMG everyone is gonna die if they legalize it.

The irony of you folks bitching about a personal freedom, and states rights...... claiming “safety and security” is the reason..... is not lost on me. You sound just like the anti-gun crowd.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would be interested in how Colorado really feels now that it is totally legal there. Has it added more to the financial bottom line for the state coffers when one figures in the future medical needs of these users some of which will be paid for by the state welfare system? I hunted south central Colorado around 10 years in a row and I have seen a change and IMO not for the better. Here in Vermont our treasonous lying Governor Scott sold out on his campaign promises to not sign pot legalization or gun control. This person was elected as a GOP with full support of the sporting community to offset the liberal legislature and he sold out. My own opinion is that all politicians are dog excrement after a raging bout of diarrhea.

Last edited by champlain_islander; 04/13/18.

living the good life every day
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm pretty damn sure I'll never get glaucoma; from long past pre-emptive interventionary measures. laugh

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

112 members (2ndwind, 44automag, 99Ozarks, 10gaugemag, 673, 16 invisible), 1,648 guests, and 996 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,117
Posts18,483,482
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.