Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
laugh

So entertaining!

Again the fresh breath of truth wafts in!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Thanks for reminding me why I have you on ignore.

I can’t imagine you actually listen to Randy because if you did you’d recognize the foolish transparency of the straw man you build and then tear down when speaking of him.

As a guy who considers himself lucky to get our West once every other year I’m deeply grateful for all the public land we have and for guys who are willing to speak against those who would liquidate mine & my sons’ & grandsons’ inheritance to those who’d lock it up and force us back to the European model our forefathers rejected.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dave, these discussions with you are entertaining, if nothing else. You working towards a career in comedy, or you just like to spin your own ideas without a grain of truth by which to weave them?

Want more proof of how ignorant your comments are and how uninformed you are? I'll help the readers by examining your quote here.

Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
.......All the Greens know those WSAs are bargaining chips, a hostage-taking, potential future territorial gains, and its more ground for you to film your videos......

New flash, Dave - I can't get a public land film permit for Wilderness Area filming in USFS Region One. More Wilderness in any part of Region One means less ground for me to "film my videos," which is the least of my concerns, given I've found ample public lands to film videos for ten years without doing it in Region One Wilderness Areas.

If you had a clue what you were talking about, you would know that. So tell me again, why I am advocating for more Wilderness Area (which I am not) in Montana, and how that gives me more land to "film my videos." I pay about $15-20K per year in the form of public land film permit fees to "film my videos," but not a single one of them are in a Region One USFS Wilderness Area.

Next.....

Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
. I'd bet you think the current release bill for the Metcalf WSA's, none of which cut the mustard in the original mandated 1964 review, is a bad thing....

Before I school you on my position of that topic, how much you wanna bet? I'm good for $500 on that bet, how about you? I'll bet you any amount you want.

You would lose that bet. Taking money from you would be like shaking down the neighbor kids at their Kool-Aid stand.

I've been in three meetings on the topic this winter/spring. Guess who else was at those meetings? B&C, WSF, and a few others. Provide me your email address and I'll send you a copy of the draft white paper these groups have put together, supporting release of those WSAs and developing a process to determine their best use. And guess what, the Senator thinks the idea is a good process.

Here's even a better idea. Call Daines' staff, particularly Spenser, and ask him what groups are working with him on ideas for those WSA lands he has proposed releasing. Once you do that, report back here as to the groups and who among those groups is in the mix of it. When you find out that I am is one of those people and I am on record that the time has long since passed we decide the fate of these lands.

I suspect you won't call Spenser and you won't report back here, as it will again show the world you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

On top of that, ask the folks you call "Big Green," what I've told them as to my thoughts on WSAs. It will be completely counter to what you profess above. I've publicly stated we have enough "big W." Because of those statements, "Big Green" doesn't invite me to dinner any more than you do. I'm fine with that.

With you losing the bet, I'll send you my address for payment. I take cash, check, or PayPal.

Next........

Every single thing you have stated above, about me, and my positions, is fabrication; figment of your creative imagination. Can hardly imagine what the next pivot will be to your argument.

Your ability to analyze economics and understand what outdoor recreation represents seems to be as much of a fantasy world as your conclusions about me and my positions. If you want to slice and dice it down to state park admission fees, to try support your ignorance, knock yourself out. Outdoor related recreation is 2% of GDP and public lands are, as I said in the video, at the core of that part of the economy. Argue all you want, but being a CPA who has spent 30+ years involved in numbers and economic data, I'm comfortable with my ability to comprehend such data.

Now that I pointed out in the last post that there are people on this thread who can dispel your fairy tale that I have no experience in the natural resources economy, it seems you've dropped that lie from your quiver. I'm still waiting for you to demonstrate how disconnected I am from the logging and natural resource economy. I suspect I'll be dead before you can gin up any facts to support that fairy tale from your last thread.

Before you get off on some embarrassing tangent that I have no use for mining, grazing, or other natural resources, I'll also save you the embarrassment of that false claim. I can give you the names of my cousins who are in the mining industry in Nevada and Alaska, or family involved in the iron mine/taconite industry of Minnesota, and more people involved in logging, mills, and paper than you could contact in a month (not that you would do any fact checking).

And if you think I have no interest in public land grazing, call the USFS office and see who handles the largest USFS grazing allotment that is in a Montana Wilderness Area. Call the Livingston office of the Custer-Gallatin and ask about the Lost Creek Allotment. I can save you the call. They will tell you the person who handles that grazing allotment is a CPA in Bozeman who is an officer of the corporation and the business manager of the ranch using that allotment.

Next...... (I'll spare your further embarrassment of publicly proving your ignorance, until your next post)

A good part of you posting these things, is that it will not be read by just the folks in Montana who already know your propensity for being a "big mouth-small facts" guy. Nope, now all members of the Dave Skinner Fan Club here on 24CF can see the folly in listening to anything you write or say.

You do impress me with each of your rebuttals, as I did not know people would be willing to hold themselves as "in the know" when they reach such impressively low levels of being "in the dark." So far you've posted two pieces about me, a person you've never spoken to, stating what you claim as fact. Both of those pieces have been shown as complete fabrications.

If you still wonder why I am such a big advocate of public lands, look at all the things I've posted of me and my family members being involved in public lands for employment, lifestyle, food, and the place my family has used as our get away. Like most, we can't afford the huge private playground. The communities I grew up in and currently live in economically benefit from abundant public land. I come from a long line of deplorables who have had "to make due" with the public lands. So long as I have a breath in my body, expect me to be advocating for public lands and productive management of those lands. If that annoys you, I guess you have the two options my Grandma always gave me - 1) get over it, or 2) die pissed off.

My name is in the book, Dave. Pick up the phone and save yourself further embarrassment. Until then, you might want to do a bit more fact checking before you offer up any additional bets or assumptions.

Last edited by BigFin; 04/21/18.

My name is Randy Newberg and I approved this post. What is written is my opinion, and my opinion only.

"Hunt when you can. You're gonna run out of health before you run out of money."
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Trying really hard to bite my tongue!

Thanks for saving Montana...lol

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
EFW,
The problem is, those of us here can't base an economy on the off chance that you'll visit. As for the inheritance, that's pretty much been burned away during the last 25 years or so of utter paralysis inflicted by eco-litigants on the planning and more important, ACTION missions of both BLM and the Forest Service. These are living habitats that need active management over time, period, or mother nature takes over and the result doesn't fit human desires.
As for liquidation, I guess you've fallen for THAT line of hooey. To hear Greens talk, anything not wilderness will be bulldozed flat. Not true. But believe what you want, enjoy your visit.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Randy, the fact that you're CPA for a ranch, or related to people who have resource jobs, doesn't excuse the fact that you're up to your eyebrows with the Backcountry Hunters people, who are mostly funded by the same environmental foundations that support Big Green, to the tune of hundreds of millions a year. You are an advocate of a certain, and very narrow, public lands model that, in addition to the "roadless lands are the BEST EVER" meme, opposes oil and gas production, minerals development, forestry, off-road or off-pavement motorized recreation -- and really might not be too upset if the last wilderness grazing rights went away, or were converted to bison.
So, I'm honestly surprised you'd support release of the Metcalf cluster. However, I'll still have to wonder about the conditions imposed "post-WSA."
I'll also wonder about your declaration that you support "productive management?" Toward what goals, especially when you are clearly aligned with those funded by the non-use crowd? One thing I keep hearing from groups like BHA, TRCP, even RMEF when it was nearly coopted by the ecos, was -- "We support (activity), just not HERE." That's the same as the gun control people going, oh, I support the Second Amendment, just not for (insert hated firearm). Guess what? The minerals are where they are, the trees are where they are, the graze is where it is, the animals are where they are. I mean, who died and made BHA God?
And don't tell me I misread that federal report. That document clearly shows, even to a dummy like me, on public lands and on the water, most Americans like their toys, far more than those who hike in to a spike camp with their rifle, or walk in with their REI freezedry bought elsewhere. Americans who like modern recreation, the real "outdoor economy," deserve to be welcomed to public lands, at least seasonally, not shut out year round.
Finally, you may claim to be a "big advocate of public lands," well, so am I. But I'll advocate for multiple use of those public lands, up to the standard sign back in the old days of "Land of Many Uses." I like cows, not just elk . I like pumpjacks, not just sage grouse. I like trees, but I like logs too. I like hiking, but there's something to be said for a nice summer cross-country trail ride on a good enduro. Mining? Well, it's not pretty, but it is, in the end, necessary for the modern lives we lead when we're not pretending to be back in 1805. If mining could happen only in ugly places, that would be grand, but the ore is where it is. Never mind the jobs, which pay well enough to raise families when it would be otherwise impossible.
I've even okay with wilderness, legitimately outstanding as intended by the Wilderness Act as Bob Marshall envisioned it. But the last 40 years of hostage-taking and administrative jiu-jitsu, to the point now where old mines and logged areas now are included in wilderness designations? Really?

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think we all hold him in high regard.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,279 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,695
Posts18,494,204
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.