-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
but the physical effect isn't much different than just preloading a single stage trigger by the same amount.

That is sort of true. ...but can you preload a single stage to 3-3/4 lbs consistently? I certainly can't. I take that back. I coach junior sport air rifles. Some of the untuned Daisy triggers have a mile of creep, and some have a repeatable "hitch" just before it breaks. I can use that as a hold/stop before I bust it.
It's easier to add that last 3/4 lb on demand than it is to add 4-1/2 lb on demand. That 3-3/4 lb you're holding on the first stage fades into the background and is a non issue. I don't know a single Service Rifle competitor that shoots a single stage anymore.

MontanaMan,
That is 180 deg counter to my experience. I had to go check the KAC webpage to see if the trigger design is the same. The few pics I could find look like a rougher version of what I have. Mine were made in Vero Beach. FWIW, when GD Tubb ran a large frame AR, he felt the KAC Trigger had the best feel. I'll try to get some pics up.

Last edited by ChrisF; 04/24/18.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ChrisF

MontanaMan,
That is 180 deg counter to my experience. I had to go check the KAC webpage to see if the trigger design is the same. The few pics I could find look like a rougher version of what I have. Mine were made in Vero Beach. FWIW, when GD Tubb ran a large frame AR, he felt the KAC Trigger had the best feel. I'll try to get some pics up.

That's interesting; as far as I know, all 3 of the ones I have were built in Titusville & are not special in any way, so far as the build goes.

The LPR was one of the very last MOD 1's to be built with the heavier Kreiger 18" barrel before they lightened it & changed it to a MOD 2, & I'm not sure they still use Kreiger barrels exclusively anymore either. The trigger was way better than any stock trigger, but not quite as good as a higher end Geiselle..........it's better now as I cleaned it up a bit & put a lighter trigger spring in it, but it's in another gun now.

The other 2 are just run-of the mill 16", SR-15's; one is a MOD 1, one is a MOD 2. Triggers in both of those were not quite as good as the trigger in the LPR, but still waaaaaaaaaaaay better than a stock AR type trigger & are perfectly fine for a tactical or home defense weapon.

Best guns available IMO................they just flat out work, everyday, all day.

MM

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I've never felt, and read that right, FELT, that a single stage 4.5 feels the same as the 2nd stage of a 4.5.

All there is to that, is MY FEELING, well that and most others I shot with.

YMMV of course.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
No disagreement with that, but I didn't say a 2 stage trigger feels the same as a single stage. How do you completely miss what I said there?

Last edited by Yondering; 04/24/18.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
You keep saying 4.5 is 4.5... at least thats the way I quickly glanced at and read...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
After 11 pages, you'd think we are all now educated on drop in triggers..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
After 11 pages, you'd think we are all now educated on drop in triggers..

Ha Ha! Well, not as bad as the Deer Hunting forum where some misfits from another forum have filled 107 pages over a theoretical change to WI crossbow season. crazy

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

58 members (BlackHunter, blackhawk44, aaronward9, 10gaugemag, big_g270, 9 invisible), 1,522 guests, and 814 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,557
Posts18,510,434
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.