Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

Of course you do. that's what you do here.

Cool, now make up something else I didn't say.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by smokepole
Personally I don't give a flying fugg about Chouinard or his politics. I do care about keeping public lands public, and keeping the fraction of them that are roadless, roadless.

If any of you geniuses can name an organization that more effectively advocates toward those ends, I'm all ears.

I see, sounds like there aren't any great stories.....maybe because he doesn't really hunt?? GASP!

RMEF is one. They actually tell you where and to whom their money (your dues) go to.

See my post above, I don't pay attention to Chouinard or his politics, or whether he hunts. That's a non-issue for me.

I'm a life member of RMEF, how about you? You ever helped out on any of their projects? Their focus is not roadless public lands though. But I think you knew that.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by SBTCO
You're right, so organize your own local group and create your own voting block.
And you'd be more effective too.

Organize my own local group?? Why, because you don't like the group I choose to support? What a bunch of busy body, mind-everybody-else's-business, culture warriors we have here. The leftist SJWs have nothing on you guys.

Tell you what, you're the one who feels so strongly that I shouldn't support BHA, why don't you organize a group that's better and I'll join it. Let me know when you're up and running.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Personally I don't give a flying fugg about Chouinard or his politics. I do care about keeping public lands public, and keeping the fraction of them that are roadless, roadless.

If any of you geniuses can name an organization that more effectively advocates toward those ends, I'm all ears.

I see, sounds like there aren't any great stories.....maybe because he doesn't really hunt?? GASP!

RMEF is one. They actually tell you where and to whom their money (your dues) go to.

See my post above, I don't pay attention to Chouinard or his politics, or whether he hunts. That's a non-issue for me.

I'm a life member of RMEF, how about you? You ever helped out on any of their projects? Their focus is not roadless public lands though. But I think you knew that.

It shouldn't be a non issue since your beloved org is gaga over him.

Since youre a rmef member you know they have actually put their money to acquiring land to secure public land access. Honestly besides ceremonial actions at meetings and campaigns wtf has bha ever done? What do they spend their enviro money on? Pint night at the local hipster joint?

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 04/24/18.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Since youre a rmef member you know they have actually put their money to acquiring land to secure public land access. Honestly besides ceremonial actions at meetings and campaigns wtf has bha ever done? What do they spend their enviro money on?

So you're going to tell me what should and shouldn't be an issue for me? That's rich. Just like I said above, a bunch of busy body mind-everybody-else's-business culture warriors we got here.

They spend their money lobbying and they work at the grassroots level. Go dig up buzz's old post on all the stuff his local chapter did. They do lots of stuff like SBTCO advocates above, show up at meetings, make their voices heard, write letters to the editor, advocate for roadless public lands, and so on and so forth. But I think you knew that.

What have you done? Besides toss out questions on the internet I mean?

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Since youre a rmef member you know they have actually put their money to acquiring land to secure public land access. Honestly besides ceremonial actions at meetings and campaigns wtf has bha ever done? What do they spend their enviro money on?

So you're going to tell me what should and shouldn't be an issue for me? That's rich. Just like I said above, a bunch of busy body mind-everybody-else's-business culture warriors we got here.

They spend their money lobbying and they work at the grassroots level. Go dig up buzz's old post on all the stuff his local chapter did. They do lots of stuff like SBTCO advocates above, show up at meetings, make their voices heard, write letters to the editor, advocate for roadless public lands, and so on and so forth. But I think you knew that.

What have you done? Besides toss out questions on the internet I mean?

So wtf do they cash for to go to public meetings and to write letters? I guess they need money for the bribery....i mean "lobbying". I find it hilarious you cant defend the sycophantic behavior towards yvon, so you just marginalize it, intellectually dishonest but expected. Whats next? Partnering with peta and the humane society?

P.s. dig up buzz's bullchit? Lol lol no thank you. As i said before, he is the worst thing about bha.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Buzz gets out and supports what he believes in. That's what it's all about, just like SBTCO says.

And yes, as I said above, I don't give a Crap about Chouinard or his politics. Is that all you've got?

The reference to HSUS and PETA was hilarious though, keep 'em coming.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I'm honestly interested to hear of other conservation organizations who stated goal is to secure public lands for the public.

I know two, BHA and TRCP.

There are a lot or orgs interested in habitat, but that bridges a large gap of mostly private, with some public. I support many of these too.

Still waiting to hear who these other public land groups are.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
I'm honestly interested to hear of other conservation organizations who stated goal is to secure public lands for the public.

I know two, BHA and TRCP.

There are a lot or orgs interested in habitat, but that bridges a large gap of mostly private, with some public. I support many of these too.

Still waiting to hear who these other public land groups are.

Add PF to your list in the Midwest.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Buzz gets out and supports what he believes in. That's what it's all about, just like SBTCO says.

And yes, as I said above, I don't give a Crap about Chouinard or his politics. Is that all you've got?

The reference to HSUS and PETA wa hilarious though, keep 'em coming.

Apparently its all bha's got, since thats all any member seems to be gushing about. Forums, bookface, Instafamous, nothing but memes pics and azz kissin.

Figured there was something to the groupie chit......guess not. Dude is just another elitest with a mansion in Jackson that fly fishes. Oh and runs a company that funnels money to environmental radicals.....sweet.

Thanks bha, give yvon a good rub&tug for all us hunters since he's so good for us...somehow....some way.....

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
elitist that fly fished? That's bad, huh? Because he fly fishes or he is worth some money? If he bass fished with bait, would that make him okay? Or does he have to be poor too? Can he be poor and fly fish?

I suppose only impoverished, catfishing, prairie dog shooters are acceptable to you. I suppose you also find guys like Tom Selleck on the NRA BOD offensive to you too, so that's why you don't belong to them either.

I sense a lot of jealousy in your hostility. Maybe some major penis envy too. BHA does more than you do (which is pretty much nothing but whine).

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Its hard to know wtf bha does for some reason they are real open with details, just vague one liners.

But hey if you like buzz, flattys, and pint night...go for it.

Oh and....

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bht5nlKnfeY/

So cute..

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I don't give a Crap about Chouinard or his politics. Is that all you've got?

--------"Pretty much"-------

Its hard to know wtf bha does for some reason they are real open with details, just vague one liners.

That's rich, coming from the king of vague one-liners and innuendo. You haven't posted a fact since you started in on this thread.

And for a brand new guy, you sure have a lot of background on Buzz and what he's posted here. Especially since he hasn't posted in a while.

What was your previous moniker, and why did you change it?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Timber, you know that BHA and TRCP are front groups and totally anti-development, right? The only access they care about is walk-in access, nonmotorized only, for "quiet use" -- these groups didn't spring up from grassroots, they began with large foundational grants, Pew Trusts started TRCP with money laundered through Trout Unlimited, and BHA was nothing until the big Green foundations started cutting THEM checks.
And I have to love Smoker's attitude about Yvon, who is a first-rate hypocrite, all that high tech gear raped from the earth so he can sell it to people wanting to escape modernity. What the heck, the money is being spent the way Smoker wants it spent.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I don't give a Crap about Chouinard or his politics. Is that all you've got?

--------"Pretty much"-------

That's rich, coming from the king of vague one-liners and innuendo. You haven't posted a fact since you started in on this thread.

And for a brand new guy, you sure have a lot of background on Buzz and what he's posted here. Especially since he hasn't posted in a while.

What was your previous moniker, and why did you change it?

I just found this wonderful place, its amazing. Thank you for the warm welcome .

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I'm just waiting for one thread about BHA that isn't ripe with controversy.

Surely one exists?

Right? wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not gonna happen. BHA is a green front, intended solely to co=opt a small, gullible, selfish slice of the sporting "community" and pretend they speak for everyone, ALL the "hunters and anglers," which in turn is an invented phrase that didn't exist prior to about 2000, when Pew created TRCP.
If BHA is ever successful in terms of policy, once they are no longer useful, the Green funders will drop them.
By the way -- one funder of BHA, only about 50 grand, gave FIVE TIMES that amount to the International Fund for Animal Welfare in 2016. IFAW is not exactly a sportsmen's group, mmmm? But, but, but, the money SPENDS!

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I'm just waiting for one thread about BHA that isn't ripe with controversy.

Surely one exists?

Right? wink

Not in the "hunters campfire" forum. You could post something about the NRA being a champion for 2A rights and someone would be along shortly to tell you the NRA is not ideologically pure enough. Can't see the forest for the trees kind of thing.

On the backpack hunting forum BHA is not so controversial. That's because backpack hunters tend to place a high value on roadless public lands which is the whole point of BHA. The busy bodies who potrray themselves as freedom-loving individualists but like to tell other people how to think don't hang out there yet.

Hell, Skinner would have you believe that the use of "hunters and anglers" in the name was a vast left-wing conspiracy.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I never heard of them until I was hunting a few years back in Wyoming with a friend. The friend is a lunatic lefty...he hunts, but is very closed minded overall. He wants the government to control everything, hates individual rights like the Second Amendment and was an Obama/Clinton nutcase. He's the type of guy who argues that no one needs anything other than one pump shotgun and one bolt action rifle, and all other weapons should be banned. With that as background, he tried to get me to join BHA (this was as he was trying to get me to vote for Hillary Clinton). He argued that BHA is one of the only real pro-hunting groups because they focus on environmental issues rather than gun rights. What he said to me is that rather than wasting money to let people own "assault weapons", BHA works to protect wildlife habitat. Then he said he loves them because they are, as he said, "progressive" in all respects.

He's only one guy, and a political extremist at that, but when I did research on BHA I saw a group that looked a lot like a front group for the typical leftist agenda.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why am I not surprised by Remsen's tale?

Give it up, Smokey, the funding doesn't lie. You've got 158 million acres for you and your pals. Isn't that enough?

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 66 invisible), 2,317 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,684
Posts18,513,491
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.