Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Why am I not surprised by Remsen's tale?

Give it up, Smokey, the funding doesn't lie. You've got 158 million acres for you and your pals. Isn't that enough?

Dave, maybe you should give it up. You have had your ass handed to you a couple of times on this thread. You have your agenda that you can't give up, no matter how irrational it may be. But you can keep it to yourself.

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You've got 158 million acres for you and your pals. Isn't that enough?

Sure it is Dave. Why don't you point out where I said it wasn't?

Oh, I forgot,this is all about Chouinard. Carry on. Wake me up if you come up with anything new or noteworthy.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

Dave, maybe you should give it up. You have had your ass handed to you a couple of times on this thread.

Dave's had his ass handed to him so many times he thinks it's a TV dinner.

Dave, I've got news for you. Those aren't mashed potatoes, and that ain't gravy.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by smokepole

Dave, maybe you should give it up. You have had your ass handed to you a couple of times on this thread.

Dave, I've got news for you. Those aren't mashed potatoes, and that ain't gravy.

This is hysterical! LMAO!! laugh laugh

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

Your defensiveness betrays you.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by kroo88

Defensiveness? What I said was offensive as hell. Which Dave richly deserves of course, and I know he'd do the same for me. I expect no less. This is culture war at its finest.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Just found this relating to the BHA. Read it for what its worth.

https://www.greendecoys.com/decoys/backcountry-hunters-and-anglers/

"Most prominent is BHA executive director Land Tawney, who ran the liberal political action committee (PAC) calling itself the “Montana Hunters and Anglers Leadership Fund” (MHA). In 2012, this pop-up PAC spent $1.1 million against Republican U.S. Senate candidate Denny Rehberg, who was challenging Democratic U.S. Sen. Jon Tester. The liberal MHA also spent $500,000 in support of the libertarian candidate as a strategy of drawing votes away from the Republican. MHA received several hundred thousand dollars from the League of Conservation Voters, a liberal environmentalist group. Tawney is also a member of the Montana Sportsmen for Obama Committee and previously served as the National Grassroots Coordinator for the Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership, which, like BHA, is an environmentalist front that poses as a hunter and fisher group."

I'm glad I saw this. Trout unlimited has been pursuing me hard with relentless mailings asking for money and membership. It is always about the fish and water. Never a mention of politics.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Who funds "Green Decoys?" Might be worth a look.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by kroo88

Defensiveness? What I said was offensive as hell. Which Dave richly deserves of course, and I know he'd do the same for me. I expect no less. This is culture war at its finest.

Eight pages dipsh it. Not your last Offensive-as-hell post

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
So i see yvon is apart of an anti wy/id grizzly hunting group. Interesting based off of his super cool "bullshit" quote. Wonder what backcountry HUNTERS and anglers think about his anti hunting stance......

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J H, the money Spends man. These people would have to work at Dick's Sporting Goods and below otherwise.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
https://youtu.be/qorjzRaLwF0

Thats the dipshit bha wants to hook their wagon to. An anti hunting elite that is dumb enough to think an outfitter would use a coveted once in a lifetime tag on a sow (which might not even be legal depending on regs). Fear mongering liberal.

Maybe they'll just encourage all their anti hunting customers to flood the grizzly application process

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Timber, you know that BHA and TRCP are front groups and totally anti-development, right? The only access they care about is walk-in access, nonmotorized only, for "quiet use" -- these groups didn't spring up from grassroots, they began with large foundational grants, Pew Trusts started TRCP with money laundered through Trout Unlimited, and BHA was nothing until the big Green foundations started cutting THEM checks.
And I have to love Smoker's attitude about Yvon, who is a first-rate hypocrite, all that high tech gear raped from the earth so he can sell it to people wanting to escape modernity. What the heck, the money is being spent the way Smoker wants it spent.

Non-motorized access sounds fine to me.

Again, as soon as the republican party drops the liquidation of public lands from their platform issues, I'll reconsider strong support opposing them in this matter.

Its a messy political world but keeping those country clubber repubs on their toes is my duty.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So, TR, how do you GET to the "non-motorized access?" Float on your magic carpet, right?

And that line about "liquidation" is a total lie. There's no capitalist interest in buying these lands to bulldoze them as there's no market. In fact, the forestry REITs are sniffing around, hoping to sell their PRIVATE stuff -- the problem is, they want to sell at a price mjultiples of what the land is actually worth. Forests will stay forests, sage will stay sage. There are only a few trophy buyers out there and they only have so much money. Only fringe lands would ever be privatized and only in the narrowest scenarioes, like near a relatively few cities and towns needing expansion room.

As for the "country-club" Republicans, those are your allies in this, the ones being squeezed for getting in bed with the Greens. The Bush administration was rife with clubbers.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
So, TR, how do you GET to the "non-motorized access?" Float on your magic carpet, right?

And that line about "liquidation" is a total lie. There's no capitalist interest in buying these lands to bulldoze them as there's no market. In fact, the forestry REITs are sniffing around, hoping to sell their PRIVATE stuff -- the problem is, they want to sell at a price mjultiples of what the land is actually worth. Forests will stay forests, sage will stay sage. There are only a few trophy buyers out there and they only have so much money. Only fringe lands would ever be privatized and only in the narrowest scenarioes, like near a relatively few cities and towns needing expansion room.

As for the "country-club" Republicans, those are your allies in this, the ones being squeezed for getting in bed with the Greens. The Bush administration was rife with clubbers.

Get a good pair of boots, cinch down that pack and walk.

I know that large private interests (energy companies, Koch brothers, etc) are pushing privatization of federal lands. I can't for the life of me imagine why that would be, can you? Its just simply a coincidence, right?

My senator and representative (both repubs, both I've voted for) have told me they stand behind their premise of eliminating the federal government as a landholder. Their words, not mine.

I can't stand country club republicans. Mostly cause I can't stand golf, but I find that they are not really interested in conservative ideas, just like Bush wasn't.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
It’s always interesting to me how guys say certain organizations will do this or that as if it’s as plain as the nose on your face but then won’t post a link to said organization doing it. In this case it’s an ethereal fear that involves no alternative course of action to support the matter at hand.

Show me a Conservative organization dedicated to accesss and public lands and I’ll sign on. Until then I’ll do what I can with the organization that’s there to do what it can for my best interests.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Anti hunting campaigns are your best interest? Because thats what bha wants to jump in bed with......or already has. Yvon is sooooooo cool man

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why bother posting a link when the websites are already there to sucker you in, to be led by the nose? I'm curious, efw, do you support Obama's national monument designations? Were those kosher?

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
don't know squat about them other than a liberal I know in Homer loves them.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
don't know squat about them other than a liberal I know in Homer loves them.

Birds of a feather.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

230 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 2ndwind, 4214chip, 36 invisible), 2,980 guests, and 1,016 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,641
Posts18,533,623
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.