Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by yukon254
Originally Posted by deflave
Thanks Dwayne. I've worked with a few city cops and RCMP guys and that's what they all told me. I haven't met any that take their gun home.

Just because you havent met any who take their guns home doesn't mean they are "required" to leave their guns at the station when they go home like you originally stated. Fact is a lot of them do take their guns home. I live right close to a shooting range and its not uncommon on the weekends to find an off duty cop or two out there practicing. We have safe storage laws here so unless you live rural all guns must be stored in a safe or have a trigger lock when not in use.

And in what condition are these pistols kept when at home? What condition when being transported?

(unloaded, and locked separately from the ammunition and I believe unreachable i.e. in trunk).

Their rules and regs in re guns and ammo, even service weapons, is a never-ending source of ribbing and discussion. Some have no issue with it, as it's all they've ever known and don't mind. Others have a more sheepdog mentality and it chafes them to no end. But to put forth the idea they carry off duty is in my experience, ludicrous.

I never said they always carried while off duty. I said they were not required to leave them at the station when they went home. I did see one member use his service gun on a cow, so some do from time to time. I already said we have safe storage laws. In my experience, Americans in general do not understand our laws. Pistols are NOT illegal, carry permits are available. I have one.

In a lot of ways our laws are better than yours. I can buy long guns anywhere in the country and have them shipped right to my door, regular mail, no FFL... Thousands of Americans bring hunting rifles and shotguns to Canada every year....its an easy process, most do it right at customs. Do you know what your laws are?? I bet not. In order for a non resident to cross the US border with a long gun, they have to apply to the BATF 6-months in advance of their trip. You also need to include a hunting license in the state you will be traveling too.

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by deflave
Thanks Dwayne. I've worked with a few city cops and RCMP guys and that's what they all told me. I haven't met any that take their gun home.

Just because you havent met any who take their guns home doesn't mean they are "required" to leave their guns at the station when they go home like you originally stated. Fact is a lot of them do take their guns home. I live right close to a shooting range and its not uncommon on the weekends to find an off duty cop or two out there practicing. We have safe storage laws here so unless you live rural all guns must be stored in a safe or have a trigger lock when not in use.

And in what condition are these pistols kept when at home? What condition when being transported?

(unloaded, and locked separately from the ammunition and I believe unreachable i.e. in trunk).

Their rules and regs in re guns and ammo, even service weapons, is a never-ending source of ribbing and discussion. Some have no issue with it, as it's all they've ever known and don't mind. Others have a more sheepdog mentality and it chafes them to no end. But to put forth the idea they carry off duty is in my experience, ludicrous.

I never said they always carried while off duty. I said they were not required to leave them at the station when they went home. I did see one member use his service gun on a cow, so some do from time to time. I already said we have safe storage laws. In my experience, Americans in general do not understand our laws. Pistols are NOT illegal, carry permits are available. I have one.

In a lot of ways our laws are better than yours. I can buy long guns anywhere in the country and have them shipped right to my door, regular mail, no FFL... Thousands of Americans bring hunting rifles and shotguns to Canada every year....its an easy process, most do it right at customs. Do you know what your laws are?? I bet not. In order for a non resident to cross the US border with a long gun, they have to apply to the BATF 6-months in advance of their trip. You also need to include a hunting license in the state you will be traveling too.

You'd lose that bet.

Hope your evening goes well. You are very right, in that most Americans do NOT understand your laws. Some things are common sense, but many things are draconian. One simple reason I do not make it a habit to travel in your beautiful country is that I can not do it armed. In many ways your laws are from a bygone era. And while they worked in the past because of your largely peaceable and homogenous population, as the worm turns they will increasingly hamstring your law enforcement and law abiding citizenry.

I'm going to take a page from Dwayne's book and leave it at that.

MAGA
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
hmmm, thousands of Americans travel in our beautiful country armed every year. One brave Texan even killed a black bear that had just killed two people and was working on a third.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Your POS country wouldn’t even exist if it wasn’t for us.

And I’ve yet to meet a Canadian cop that can take his gun home. And I have met more than a few.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
🍿🥃

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
hmmm, thousands of Americans travel in our beautiful country armed every year. One brave Texan even killed a black bear that had just killed two people and was working on a third.

I'm trying to be nice. You and I have different ideas of "traveling armed" lol.

MAGA
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

How many years did he get?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I’m shocked that I’m not hearing it took a Texan to save Canada from a bear from a Texan. On the other hand, it doesn’t surprise me at all to hear it from a grateful Canadian.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TED338
This response is not unique to Canada, Look at video from most civilized countries and you see the same brave tempered approach. It is only American cops and similar types form Chad, Somalia, Nigeria, the cowardly types, that arrive as a group of bullies and thugs to execute rather than arrest. But than American cops "fear for their lives" and want to go home... after firing off several dozens rounds. Who would you rather patrol your neighborhood?

This evil scum had just murdered 10 people! It's unbelievable that you think an officer should bet his life on this murderers mercy!

[Linked Image from ]
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (160user, 222ND, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 50 invisible), 9,671 guests, and 1,011 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,360
Posts18,546,854
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.