Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by BobbyTomek
Ringman-Give it a rest already. In other words, stop digging when you are in a hole. This is so simple that it is almost hilarious.

I just put the numbers in for 1.5" and 2" scope height. The 2" scope height shows the trajectory is .2" closer to the line of sight. Check your work.

.2” is less than a 1/4” it is nothing in the field. I use 1.5” and 2.5” scope height and it is nothing in fact at 1000 yards the drop is identical.

You are wrong and always have been wrong and you are the only one that I’ve ever heard make this claim

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jwp475
Ringman-Give it a rest already. In other words, stop digging when you are in a hole. This is so simple that it is almost hilarious.

I just put the numbers in for 1.5" and 2" scope height. The 2" scope height shows the trajectory is .2" closer to the line of sight. Check your work.

.2” is less than a 1/4” it is nothing in the field. I use 1.5” and 2.5” scope height and it is nothing in fact at 1000 yards the drop is identical.

You are wrong and always have been wrong and you are the only one that I’ve ever heard make this claim

Again you are not accepting the fact there is a measurable difference. That is all I have been saying from the beginning. Never did say it would make a difference in the field. Do any of you guys want to humble your self and admit JBM says what I and Barnes discovered?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Why is it so important to try to make someone look wrong? Let me help you for the rest of your lives. When my kids were little I told them if you don't respect someone and they say something, it's like the wind in the trees. There's a sound but nothing is being said. Therefore no responce is required. You might take a lesson.

Everyday Hunter
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Again you are not accepting the fact there is a measurable difference. That is all I have been saying from the beginning. Never did say it would make a difference in the field. Do any of you guys want to humble your self and admit JBM says what I and Barnes discovered?

BS you said it shot flatter it does not. You are wrong always have been wrong and will not admit it.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Why is it so important to try to make someone look wrong? Let me help you for the rest of your lives. When my kids were little I told them if you don't respect someone and they say something, it's like the wind in the trees. There's a sound but nothing is being said. Therefore no responce is required. You might take a lesson.

Facts are facts and BS is BS.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This is the kind of thread that causes people to climb water towers with sniper rifles and start shooting people.

HINT, people:
Ringworm is a disease caused by infection of the skin by fungus, appearing as scaly, ring-shaped patches. Fergus Fungal Budge was a wizarding product that was used to treat the ringworm disease on the foot.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

BS you said it shot flatter it does not. You are wrong always have been wrong and will not admit it.

Technically it shoots flatter. You are exactly like me. You want to be right, but the numbers are on my side no matter how you try to twist them.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by koshkin
For background: we went through this exercise with Ringman many years ago on OpticsTalk. It was a very circular sort of thing, but in the end it turned out that his eye pupils do not dilate in low light, so he generally gets no benefit from a larger exit pupil that you get at lower magnifications. There is also some sort of a neural issue with how his brain renders color. The rest of the stories about gunsmiths and all who saw the same thing, I am simply not buying. I have talked to too many people over the years about this and have measured too many optical devices. Sometimes, you hast have to call BS exactly what it is: BS.

You don't "buy" the facts of others' observation because don't accept facts. You claim things you don't know without ever meeting me. You bring up opticstalk. Is that where you used to change my posts? Isn't that the place where you change my profile to tell people I worked for Tasco; when I never have? And isn't that the place where you called me a "village idiot" because I proved you wrong about something so you banded me?

Getting “banded”, Village People, and the Ad Homonym.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Technically it shoots flatter.

This is insane.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Thechnically it doesn’t shoot flatter. If you think the numbers are on your side simply because you point the barrel upward more with a high scope mount then you are the village idiot

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
[Linked Image]

I do not think Ringman has the capability to understand this, but just in case...

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

I do not think Ringman has the capability to understand this, but just in case...

It seems your numbers don't agree with JBM. Therefore I have no confidence in what you posted. Here are some JBM numbers.

Here's what JBM shows for a .30-06 180 grain with a B.C. of .440 and a velocity of 2,700 feet per second zeroed at 200 yards.

Sight height of 1.5"
50 yards +0.5"
100 yards +1.4"
300 yards -6.5"

Sight height of 2.0"
50 yards +0.1"
100 yards +1.2"
300 yards -6.2"

In your science is there a difference in one to the other? There is the way I see the numbers.

Last edited by Ringman; 05/01/18.

Everyday Hunter
ChrisAU Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
So there has been so much on topic discussion I feel like I have probably glossed this over, but pick one (don't suggest another):

Swaro Z5 5-25x52
Leica ER 5 5-25x56

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
[Linked Image]

It seems your numbers don't agree with JBM. Therefore I have no confidence in what you posted. Here are some JBM numbers.

Here's what JBM shows for a .30-06 180 grain with a B.C. of .440 and a velocity of 2,700 feet per second zeroed at 200 yards.

Sight height of 1.5"
50 yards +0.5"
100 yards +1.4"
300 yards -6.5"

Sight height of 2.0"
50 yards +0.1"
100 yards +1.2"
300 yards -6.2"

In your science is there a difference in one to the other? There is the way I see the numbers.

The numbers are from JBM and all relevant input data is listed in the picture.

ILya

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by ChrisAU
So there has been so much on topic discussion I feel like I have probably glossed this over, but pick one (don't suggest another):

Swaro Z5 5-25x52
Leica ER 5 5-25x56

These should be very close.

However, this one is better than either:
http://cameralandny.com/products.html?catalog%5Bsearch%5D%5Btext%5D=56081&catalog%5Bsort%5D%5Bon%5D=relevance&x=0&y=0

ILya

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Correct link:
Leica ER 6.5-26x

Last edited by koshkin; 05/01/18.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T

Swaro Z5 5-25x52
Leica ER 5 5-25x56

Swaro, my opinion. However I would ultimately tell you to flip a coin. Heads = Leica, Tales = Swaro. Either way you walk away from this scenario looking better than the demise this thread has resulted in.

W
WRO Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by TexasWicked1

Swaro Z5 5-25x52
Leica ER 5 5-25x56

Swaro, my opinion. However I would ultimately tell you to flip a coin. Heads = Leica, Tales = Swaro. Either way you walk away from this scenario looking better than the demise this thread has resulted in.

Get the 3.5x18 in the swaro..

You'll be much happier.

If you're going 5x25, get an x5.

W
WRO Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
[Linked Image]

Sight height of 1.5"
50 yards +0.5"
100 yards +1.4"
300 yards -6.5"

Sight height of 2.0"
50 yards +0.1"
100 yards +1.2"
300 yards -6.2"

It doesn't shoot any flatter, it shoots the same trajectory at a different launch angle.

[bleep] oh dear you're special. If I win the lottery, I'm going to buy 24 hour campfire just so I can change your title from Campfire Kahauna to Village idiot.

If there was a gofundme to bribe a mod, I'd gladly donate.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rich, you've got to know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em.

But I do fancy the idea of turning a 280 into a 280AI with a simple ring swap. whistle

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

501 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 160user, 1Longbow, 57 invisible), 3,341 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,739
Posts18,535,320
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.