Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I've been blessed to have been extremely healthy for my 56 years, but my luck turned Fri night. I spent 4 hours in the ER with severe vertigo, nausea and cold sweats. What an unexpected and wild ride that was. So the doc have me 3 days worth of valium which really helps, but hopefully I can get it fixed ASAP. My wife has had it off and on for 4 years and physical therapy helped a lot. And she very rarely complains, just deals with it. I'm beginning to think its true that women are tougher than men.

"The only two things in life that make it worth livin'
Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin' women"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I never understood the phrase "Cry like a girl"!

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A device similar to this http://www.dizzyfix.com/ helped me get those crystals back in place when I got vertigo after a fall.

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man." --Robert Duvall.
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!" --John Wayne.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
And she's a type 1 diabetic and has bad rheumatoid arthritis all over her body. Her fingers have big nodules on them and are bent up like an old croon. Only 52 years old, she doesn't complain, just deals with it.

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Thank you so much for the link! I'll do anything at this point to get back to normal.

IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I hope you get ok, you don’t realize how good you normally feel until you have a problem

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Or how lucky you are when there are so many other people who deal with chronic medical problems daily with little or no relief.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My FIL had bouts of vertigo and it turned out he had a cyst in one of his sinus cavities. Once it was removed the vertigo went away. Do you know what is causing yours?

Best of luck, at 47 I've been dealing with some chronic hip pain and it sucks. I took good health for granted my whole life and I have a new found respect for other folks these days.

Eat moose, burn spruce
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
The ER doc said it's probably the calcium crystals in my ear(s) having dislodged or moved. They did a CT on my head to check for brain issues, but it was normal. Prob not needed, but it's a new E.R. and that stuff has to be paid for right smile. A couple of physical therapy visits helped my wife, I may try that or get the device 257wby recommended above.

I'm using valium now and it works. It's a nice spring day here in eastern KS, 70's and little to no wind, so I have my .260 on the bench and working with 123 gr Scenars.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Will valium smooth out your trigger pull?

IC B3

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by 257wby
A device similar to this http://www.dizzyfix.com/ helped me get those crystals back in place when I got vertigo after a fall.

That has worked great for me for the last 24 years. I usually get positional vertigo when mold is high (I'm allergic to mold) but it may be just be a coincidence. It usually takes about 3 days for the vertigo to go away but this year it 10 days to completely clear up.

Last edited by victoro; 05/07/18.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by DoeSlayer
I've been blessed to have been extremely healthy for my 56 years, but my luck turned Fri night. I spent 4 hours in the ER with severe vertigo, nausea and cold sweats. What an unexpected and wild ride that was. So the doc have me 3 days worth of valium which really helps, but hopefully I can get it fixed ASAP. My wife has had it off and on for 4 years and physical therapy helped a lot. And she very rarely complains, just deals with it. I'm beginning to think its true that women are tougher than men.

Have you tried over the counter travel sickness pills? It's what used to be prescription Dramamine. Same stuff.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
I used to get that when very drunk! Maybe getting drunk will neutralize the problem! 🤔 On a serious note, I hope that you can get a handle on it.....it can’t be fun! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
The trigger on this .260 is the Rem 700 factory X Mark Pro, not a lot of "pro" about it. I need to replace it. It's lightened down as far as the set screw will take it, still much to heavy. I don't feel any side affects with the valium, now hydrocodone makes me pretty happy but it keeps me up most of the night.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If it is BPV (Benign Positional Vertigo), it is indeed related to the calcium crystals dislodging. The redhead has been helped a gret deal by taking a combination of calcium, vitamin D and Magnesium. HTH.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
I’ve never had “normal” vertigo on terra firma but I can tell you it really sucks to get a case of vertigo while tanking on a KC-135 on a dark night😮

I would have sworn that the tanker did half an aileron roll while we were plugged in and we were inverted🙃 Within a couple of minutes I was soaked and it took about half an hour for it to go away.

Last edited by navlav8r; 05/06/18.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Do the exercises daily, and stop the madness....you don't need meds, they're just masking the problem.

Last edited by Bwana_1; 05/06/18.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Oh yeah, I forgot about the exercises. I assume you're referring to where you move your head a certain way to put things back in the right position in the inner ear? Yeah, that works. I remember doing that years ago when I had vertigo.

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I'm all in on the exercises. We tried them at home for my wife years ago, but it didn't help. She then had a physical therapist do it and it worked. Something to do with the eyes and a professional can tell whether it took or not. That may or may not be true....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Oh yeah, I forgot about the exercises. I assume you're referring to where you move your head a certain way to put things back in the right position in the inner ear? Yeah, that works. I remember doing that years ago when I had vertigo.

Yes the Brandt-Daroff exercise or Epley maneuver,,,,resets the crystals in the fluid.

Last edited by Bwana_1; 05/06/18.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

497 members (2500HD, 22250rem, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 62 invisible), 2,163 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,369
Posts18,506,535
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.