Print Thread
Hop To
A
Adams Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
I've got 150 rounds through my new 300 win mag and am very impressed with the rifle. I first bought a sako finnlight as I thought that was the rifle I really wanted. Then I discovered the Sako 85 ejection issues and had to send it down the road for a big loss. Then I decided I wanted a Fierce Fury in .300 wsm. But they copied the Sako 85 action so I questioned Fierce asking if they had fixed the ejection issue and they claimed they had. So I sent them my scope to mount and verify there would be no ejection issues and all I got back was my scope.

Wasn't all that fired up about the x-bolt pro which was the same money as the finnlight and $600 less than the Fierce. Now that I have had this rifle for a while I've said to myself what the he!! was I thinking. The x-bolt is much more rifle than either the finnlight or the Fierce. I got mine for $1599.00. So anybody looking at these rifles I've mentioned don't overlook the x-bolt pro it is exceptional in every aspect. I don't have one negative thing to say about it and I'm a very picky perfectionist. I can find fault in just about every product there is. If there is one thing I would change, I would like the trigger a hair lighter but their is no creep and it breaks clean and I can keep my scope in perfect position on the target every time when I'm testing loads. Shoots sub 1/2 MOA 3 shot groups with preferred loads and is averaging .75 MOA 5 shot groups.

Just thought I would share for those looking at rifles.

GB1

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I loved the move you made with Fierce when you sent your scope and mounts in for them to try before you buy, did they just send back your scope with zero explanation?..lol....You probly saved me some heartache as I was considering a Fierce .300 Win but was worried about the ejection issue and it looks like for good reason.....You have an excellent rifle in your X-Bolt, I have owned a half dozen or so X-Bolts and consider them to be the most accurate out of the box factory rifle made, in fact every Browning firearm I own that was made at the Miroku factory has been excellent in every way.....Enjoy your rifle.....Hb

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The X-Bolt has a lot of nice features.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Congrats on your new rifle. Brownings don't get a lot of love here on the Campfire but my experiences with them has all been good.

But, hey, that's just my experience and I'm a guy running Sako 85s with no ejection issues. blush

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
The Browning bolt guns don't get a lot of love here but I was in the gun biz for 22 years in which time we repeatedly heard about their good accuracy, and we had ZERO issues with them...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Some Brownings come
[Linked Image]

Some Brownings go

[Linked Image]

here's one that has stayed over 20 years, IIRC, and most likely will never leave!

[Linked Image]

Custom A-Bolt Micro Medallion, 7mm-08

[Linked Image]

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 05/05/18.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Great pics!......Hb

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I like that 7-08 GW!

I have had many Brownings.

Low walls, high walls, A-Bolts, X-Bolts, BARs, and FN Brownings.

I never had one that didn't shoot very well.

I don't like everything about the X-Bolt, but I may buy another down the road.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Definitely grab the Mcarbo trigger spring for your X-bolt, I've installed it in both my hells canyon models and they break right at 2 lbs, very nice rifles both of them!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Sounds like you got a dandy. Very happy with my X-Bolt stainless in 7wsm. The X-Bolt Pro looks like even more of a good thing. Congrats and thanks for posting.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

99 members (10gaugemag, 308xray, 300_savage, 41rem, 808outdoors, 13 invisible), 1,552 guests, and 922 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,720
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.