Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Remsen
[Background: I lived in Israel after I graduated college in the US and served in the IDF at the end of the first Lebanon war and then during the first Intifada, around 1985-1988). My best friend in the IDF and I have remained close since then, he still lives in Israel and now has three boys, two of them military age. When I was visiting Israel last November I spent a lot of time with the young son in the military and he is in a special forces unit that specifically trains for urban combat in Gaza. The funny thing is that he was most interested in hearing about my hunting stories and really liked the stories about stalking big game across long distances. This is the Facebook post he made today and it basically sums up everything about the conflict. One side is sending kids into danger hoping for them to be killed, the other side sends their kids into danger hoping that they come home safe and can protect the country]

"For my Facebook friends that don’t live in Israel, I wanted to send you a short message.

I am not sure how much you hear about what is going on here, but if you are listening to the news lately, you may be getting a less than full idea of the situation on the ground.

There have been huge and violent demonstrations among the Arabic population in Gaza lately, on the border with Israel. The objectives of these incidents are simple: to subject the Israeli army and the surrounding area residents to as much injury and damage as possible. Boulders, Molotov cocktails, kites (yes kites) in flames are sent across the narrow border – all with the ability to kill. This in fact has been going on in an organized manner for many weeks, although intensifying this week in conjunction with the moving of the US Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.

I have two sons doing their mandatory army service, and one of them is stationed exactly in this area. Every day my friends and I compare notes, discussing if our children were hurt or if they were forced to protect themselves. Thank goodness my sons are uninjured so far, besides the unknown effect of the traumatic conditions they are forced to endure.

Please keep my sons in mind when you hear these stories from far away.

We in Israel have absolutely no offensive objectives, trying to gain more land or whatever else. We simply wish to live in peace and security.

May this time come soon!"

This is a great post so most people probably won't take the time to read it.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Then I am guessing you and I are not "most".

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Then I am guessing you and I are not "most".

No. You also seem to read the OP's in a thread also which seems to be a rare thing now.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
CNN reports 8-month old died at hands of Israelis at border skirmish.

Funerals across Gaza
Among the dead were eight children, including 8-month-old Laila Anwar Ghandour. At her funeral, her mother and father cradled her body, wrapped in a white shroud, before her father walked to the graveyard to bury her. Relatives said Laila was sitting in her mother's lap when the infant inhaled tear gas.
"They were sitting on the side. (Israeli troops) fired tear gas haphazardly. The baby girl couldn't take it and she died," said the girl's father, Anwar Ghandour.

What kind of parents take their 8-month old baby to a border skirmish amongst 35,000 raving maniacs? And what kind of U. S. news agency blames Donald Trump for the death?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I understand that the snipers and tear gas huckers are probably enjoying themselves, and I don't want to take that away from them. But VG and VX would be much more efficient and would send a more strongly worded message to the Muzz vermin.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thank you for posting Remsen. The stop by for a visit if you get a chance offer still stands.

John

Please don't feed the trolls!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Thanks, John, one of these days I hope to be able to take you up on your offer. The good news is that we bought a place in Montana, so we're getting the heck out of California, so perhaps if you're ever in Montana we can have a get together. In the meantime, my brother is trying to get me out to our place in Alabama, which is a bit closer to you.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by stevelyn
I understand that the snipers and tear gas huckers are probably enjoying themselves, and I don't want to take that away from them. But VG and VX would be much more efficient and would send a more strongly worded message to the Muzz vermin.

This is what makes the news of a "massacre" so difficult to stomach. When I was in the IDF I had an M14 with a scope. The current death toll in Gaza is in the 50 ish range. With 3-4 magazines and the volume of hostiles within range, I could have probably equaled that body count in less than a day. The restraint being shown by the IDF is actually pretty amazing. I couldn't hold fire like that.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Remsen
Thanks, John, one of these days I hope to be able to take you up on your offer. The good news is that we bought a place in Montana, so we're getting the heck out of California, so perhaps if you're ever in Montana we can have a get together. In the meantime, my brother is trying to get me out to our place in Alabama, which is a bit closer to you.

Sweet! swap a NC Mountains visit for a Montana visit deal.... Congratulations on the Montana property....

I have never had to lived with family and close friends being in such a hostile environment. I hope you are able to offer your friend and all of his sons a chance to stalk an elk and catch some trout from a high mountain lake. Prayers offered for you and yours.

Please don't feed the trolls!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

283 members (22magnut, 1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 28 invisible), 2,187 guests, and 949 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,515,018
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.