Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Backroads

Are you good with having wilderness areas closed to horse traffic?

I'm not, and I'll never ride a horse in one. Thing is, these areas have always been open to people riding horses and it ain't my place to change all that

First sentence: wow you are soo principled.

Second sentence: so we should just accept status quo at all times? You wouldve been popular in the deep south during jim crow....(see that liberal tactic i used there?)

I think there's been a mistake here. You've mistaken me for someone who gives a sh** about what you have to offer.. You've proven yourself to be a jackass.

Oh no, no mistaking a holier than thou pos like you

LOL, call me whatever you want, that's seems to your strength. At least I know the difference between civil rights and roadless areas.

I'm sure the people who were on the wrong side of jim crow will be glad to know you equate what they were subjected to with bubba not being able to ride his ATV everywhere he wants to on the National Forest.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by HitnRun

If you don't like motorized use, you already have Wilderness areas and Wilderness "study" areas that you can visit without being molested by the motorized use, why not just go there and be happy. Instead it seems that you need to make everything the way you want .....

Where did you get that idea, I haven't said anything remotely like that. In fact, here's what I've said:

Nice try but I'm content with the small fraction of public land that's wilderness staying that way.

Try reading what's on the page before spouting off.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

You seem to believe your wants and whims are civil rights.

Are you an official representative for bha?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
What on earth gives you the idea I'm an "official representative" of anything? Are you an official representative for an organization opposed to wilderness designation?

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

If you don't like motorized use, you already have Wilderness areas and Wilderness "study" areas that you can visit without being molested by the motorized use, why not just go there and be happy. Instead it seems that you need to make everything the way you want .....

Where did you get that idea, I haven't said anything remotely like that. In fact, here's what I've said:

Nice try but I'm content with the small fraction of public land that's wilderness staying that way.

Try reading what's on the page before spouting off.

My mistake for not clarifying "you' actually was a reference to "you" in the third person, not you directly. But you, (not in the third person) continue to criticise and call names and that is another weakness with your argument when you are trying to make a point and not make enemies.

The points of the BHA and followers are all selfish and self serving, that is where I have a problem with the Wilderness debate, because it continues to suit only one side of the whole issue. How the existing Wilderness is used is acceptable to me, I just get weary of the continual attempt at creating more and locking up more land to a limited use and access.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Another BHA thread?

Great.

Summary- No conservative organization lobbies for wilderness protection and access. This is because the republican party wants to liquidate your public lands.

Therefore, if you are interested in keeping those pesky republicans from selling your lands to big private landowner interests, you have to support some organizations with a liberal bent.

Its politics, its messy and I hate it. Likewise, I hate the small business regulations that besiege me every day too, which I why I vote for those republicans to represent me. I just wish they'd stop being to antithetical to public land hunters. Until then, I'll fight them them on that issue.

As a lifetime NRA member, as soon as they support keeping public lands public, I'll re-up with another lifetime membership. Until then, BHA is a public hunter's thug to fight our fight.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
What on earth gives you the idea I'm an "official representative" of anytkhing? Are you an official representative for an organization opposed to wilderness designation?

It was just a harmless question. Just curious is all. Sorry to offend your fragile psyche.

I would point out that you didn't answer.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 05/21/18.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

The points of the BHA and followers are all selfish and self serving......

Not so. As I said above, I'm at the age where I'll only be able to do backpack hunts for a few more years. And when I'm no longer able to do them, I'll still support preservation of wilderness areas so that others who want to get away from motorized vehicles can.

I also support the use of wilderness by people on horseback, and I don't ride horses. I support the use of wilderness by climbers, and I don't climb.

None of that can be called self-serving.

If you want to open up all wilderness, then everyone who values solitude in the backcountry (and there are lots of different user groups) will be denied. And you will be in effect ending backpack hunting because there won't be anywhere worth hiking into to hunt.

Even though the vast majority of public lands are open to vehicular travel, you would take the small fraction that isn't and deny all of those user groups. Yet it's "the other side" that's self-serving. Your argument doesn't hold water.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
What on earth gives you the idea I'm an "official representative" of anytkhing? Are you an official representative for an organization opposed to wilderness designation?

It was just a harmless question. Just curious is all. Sorry to offend your fragile psyche.

LOL, no offense taken Jackson. You would point out that I didn't answer? Wow, thanks, nothing gets by you.

I would point out that you didn't answer either.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Another BHA thread?

Great.

Summary- No conservative organization lobbies for wilderness protection and access. This is because the republican party wants to liquidate your public lands.

Therefore, if you are interested in keeping those pesky republicans from selling your lands to big private landowner interests, you have to support some organizations with a liberal bent.

Its politics, its messy and I hate it. Likewise, I hate the small business regulations that besiege me every day too, which I why I vote for those republicans to represent me. I just wish they'd stop being to antithetical to public land hunters. Until then, I'll fight them them on that issue.

As a lifetime NRA member, as soon as they support keeping public lands public, I'll re-up with another lifetime membership. Until then, BHA is a public hunter's thug to fight our fight.

That's a great summary, here's another:

Originally Posted by TomM1

BHA is a group focused on the 2 biggest threats to hunting:
1.) Habitat Loss
2.) Hunter access

While gun rights are important to me, it is not the only core issue for which I cast my vote. That's every US citizens right and decision to make.

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

LOL, no offense taken Jackson. You would point out that I didn't answer? Wow, thanks, nothing gets by you.

I would point out that you didn't answer either.

I dont represent any organization and i am not sponsored or paid by any company, foundation, lobby group, or individual

You still haven't answered

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
That's right, I haven't answered. That's because I'm part of the vast left-wing conspiracy and we like to operate in secret.

Ooops, there's Yvon on the phone, gotta go!!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
That's right, I haven't answered. That's because I'm part of the vast left-wing conspiracy and we like to operate in secret.

Your jokes suck almost as bad as your opinions

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Another BHA thread?

Great.

Very well said! No one seems to have an issue with the NRA being a single issue group, but because BHA is, and they are work with people on both sides of the political fence, just like the NRA used to (when there were Democrats that would earn an A rating with them), they are seen as the enemy. Just like the NRA, we need single issue groups fighting for public lands to fight the people on the other extreme. Where do we end up on most issues when you have this? In the middle, a place that works for most of the people that the issue matters to.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Opinions are like sock puppets, everybody's got one. Oops, there's Nancy Pelosi on line 2, talk to you later.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Opinions are like sock puppets, everybody's got one. Oops, there's Nancy Pelosi on line 2, talk to you later.

Was daddy tawney on line one?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
No, line one was Michelle Obama but thanks for asking.

Are you in the habit of calling other men "daddy?" There seems to be a common thread in your posts, references to homosexuality. It appears to be all you think about.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Backroads

Are you good with having wilderness areas closed to horse traffic?

I'm not, and I'll never ride a horse in one. Thing is, these areas have always been open to people riding horses and it ain't my place to change all that because I don't like horses. But you need to ride your atv there, so we all need to bow to your wishes, right?

No atv's in my garage, horses either.

Just an outdoorsman that wonders how an non-native species group gets wilderness access, but bicycles and game carts are a scourge upon the holy land.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Are you in the habit of calling other men "daddy?" There seems to be a common thread in your posts, references to homosexuality. It appears to be all you think about.

Only when its an accurate description. And for you, papa tawney is accurate. It seems as though either his hand is shoved up your rear, or you just love him and his lobbying so much you think he's the second coming.

So are you affiliated with bha beyond just a card carrying member?

Dont get your patagucci undies in a wad..

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Only when its an accurate description. And for you, papa tawney is accurate. It seems as though either his hand is shoved up your rear, or you just love him and his lobbying so much you think he's the second coming.

So are you affiliated with bha beyond just a card carrying member?

Dont get your patagucci undies in a wad..

Undies in a wad? Hardly Jackson. I just find your constant references to homosexuality puzzling and odd. No one else on here does that.

I've never met Land Tawney. You no doubt know more about him than I do.

Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (10gaugeman, 153, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 52 invisible), 2,365 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,530
Posts18,472,708
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.