-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I have something listed for sale. I keep getting texts saying I have reply messages waiting and it gives an site to go to to read them. It gives a CL ID# that doesn't match my ID#. CL doesn't work that way and I'm not about to go to that site, whatever it is.
Just a heads up.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I can smell a scammer a mile away.
Get tons of texts and if they don’t have a area code in my near surrounding I ignore them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just a note....area codes don't mean squat anymore. Anytime you move, you can keep your old number now. I'm a service tech, and have to call customers ahead of arrival. They can have area codes from just about anywhere US.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Craigslist has turned into scam-central - I just sold a Jeep on there and had a constant barrage of scammers - Hordes willing to pay full price - sending someone to pick up jeep - money will be paid through Paypal .

Offers of trades as far away as washington state .

People coming to look at it - keeping me on the phone for 10-15 minutes - never to hear from them again .

Lowballers offering 50% of asking price - I started accepting ALL offers on the jeep just to mess with them . WEIRDO'S GALORE . . .

I let one lowballer drive from Mobile , AL. only to inform him the jeep just sold for $2,000 less than his silly offer [$4K for a loaded out 2010 jeep] , became fun in a not fun kind of way .

People informing me they had flagged/cancelled my advertisement because of foul language/I was a scammer/etc./etc. , wow who are these people ...

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
They are making money or there wouldn’t be so many doing it. Lots of suckers out there.

IC B2

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by kellory
Just a note....area codes don't mean squat anymore. Anytime you move, you can keep your old number now. I'm a service tech, and have to call customers ahead of arrival. They can have area codes from just about anywhere US.

Maybe true but if your really interested in my “product” you would call it by name not copying and pasting my ad title and asking if it’s still available.
Even at that I can tell a scammer a mile away.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tom264

Maybe true but if your really interested in my “product” you would call it by name not copying and pasting my ad title and asking if it’s still available.

True. But I did not address that issue. Only the number being a disqualifier...it's not.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Is your item still for sale? I would be very interested in making purchase of your item if we could reach terms for payment.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Just tell them to send the money to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington D.C. and let them know the item will be left by the mailbox for their agent to pick up.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I listed the item for my wife/sister/neighbor. E-mail her @ ......... for more info.

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org
IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T

True. But I did not address that issue. Only the number being a disqualifier...it's not.

It is for me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

It is for me.

Feel free to not sell to anyone you want.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (907brass, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 300_savage, 10 invisible), 1,499 guests, and 876 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.