Hop To
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So does this mean Facebook, Youtube, Google etc can no longer censure what they disagree with?

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 700LH
So does this mean Facebook, Youtube, Google etc can no longer censure what they disagree with?

Could be. Seems a logical extension. The telephone company can't deny service to those whose politics they don't like.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I was in Trump's place I'd tell the judge to pound sand you in the Supreme Court.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Then why did I get banned?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Seems to say that NO ONE can block Twitter followers. Does Twitter agree with this? What about all the people who are harassed online by psychotic troublemakers (not that anyone HERE would have experience with that)?

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Actually, they are kinda right about that.

The 1st Amendment is about the right of the people to say they want and criticize the govt., without the govt. restricting that free speech.

If Trump or anyone else in govt is using a particular media for an outlet in an official capacity, then they can't restrict the same outlet having a differing viewpoint, and can't restrict those that do.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good! Now the governor of Oregon will have to read my rants.

Carpe' Scrotum
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by deflave
Then why did I get banned?

Because you told some woman that if you threw a rubber dick across the driveway, she'd chase it like a dog!

LOL

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

The 1st Amendment is about the right of the people to say they want and criticize the govt., without the govt. restricting that free speech.

If Trump or anyone else in govt is using a particular media for an outlet in an official capacity, then they can't restrict the same outlet having a differing viewpoint, and can't restrict those that do.

That judge [bleep] up the left's plan for censorship in social media. She called Twitter a "designated public forum." The right needs to start a class-action suit with that precedent. Or better, sue individually and make them defend hundreds of lawsuits.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

It was his personal twitter account, not the @Potus one. I'm pretty sure the official account doesn't block anyone for their political views. I can't walk up to my congressional rep (Eric the Idiot Swalwell) in the supermarket and force him to listen to my political rants, but I sure can do that to him in his political office (not that he's going to listen, but he can't block my phone number just because he doesn't like that I'm a real American).

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Government official using privately owned public platform to communicate government business. That is the legal grey area.

I believe the Judge’s decision has merit even though she’s a dirty rotten sticking liberal.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bad decision. You have a right to petition the Government for a redress of grievances but it doesn't say by every way possible. I'm convinced that some judges got their law degree in a McDonald's Happy Meal

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Liberal bullshit ruling.

President Trump isn't stopping anybody from posting anything, except on his personal account.

Without regard to the "public space" delusion, anybody can post anything to twitter.

Just not to President Trump's twitter account.

Any other private website can ban anybody they want.

Twitter account is just a private website that is a subdivision of the twitter universe.

If you accept this bullshit, then a person can't be "unfriended" on facebook.

No doubt President Trump occasionally takes a dump/lyberal while on the job.

Does this mean the POSs get access to the White House shatter?

Time place and manner has always been constitutional.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bigfish9684

That judge [bleep] up the left's plan for censorship in social media. She called Twitter a "designated public forum." The right needs to start a class-action suit with that precedent. Or better, sue individually and make them defend hundreds of lawsuits.

It's gonna really bite liberals on the ass.

I can't wait.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not sure about this. I fully support the First Amendment, but I'm not at all certain that Twitter falls under that category. It's not a lot different from a computer in my way of thinking, and one can place people they don't like on ignore, and a computer forum can ban posters that they don't want posting on their site. I know, because I've been banned from a couple because of my political views.

I believe that this is nothing but a liberal jab at Trump, and has nothing to do with free speech.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
It's a BS ruling that needs to go to the supreme court. This is the lefts way to silence him on tweeter. They could organize and bury his account with useless hate speech. On his personal account he should have the right to allow who he chooses, just like face book.
I have people who unfriend me on FB due to right leanings. I know she ruled since he was a government official he could not. I disagree, where does it say his private life goes away once he became president?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

141 members (2500HD, AlleghenyMountain, 7887mm08, 300_savage, 44mc, Amos63, 8 invisible), 1,860 guests, and 936 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,084
Posts18,501,682
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.