Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm outta this thread.

Those that condone the hypocrisy of the church covering up sex abuse for centuries and running a red herring up the pole to focus attention on other institutes are the reason it gets covered up by anyone.

It's wrong no matter who does it, or who covers it up.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!

Tyrone Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I'm outta this thread.

Those that condone the hypocrisy of the church covering up sex abuse for centuries and running a red herring up the pole to focus attention on other institutes are the reason it gets covered up by anyone.

It's wrong no matter who does it, or who covers it up.
I'm not condoning it. It should have been adjudicated long ago. That is, if you could have even found a public official who cared enough about it even 60 years ago to press charges. If you think this is/was limited to the Catholic church, you need to wake up. It's every church, every organization that involves youth. ALL of them have covered it up.

The Catholic church has made great strides in child protection while at least one institution locks people up for pointing out abuse.

Politics is War by Other Means
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by HawkI
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by bludog
Yeah, murder is a great method of population control. SMH.

Again,

Not everyone accepts your religious inspired definition.

Spoken like a Nazi. Good job!

The next step is to make others PAY for these "medical procedures"....not everyone accepts the statist definition; some people still consider it theft.

Really...you had to resort to "Nazi".

Yea, I find it pretty interesting that just acknowledging that his is not the universal view, as demonstrated in this election, is enough to brand a person a Nazi.

Remind me of the Left branding everyone who disagrees with them a Racist.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
I don't need arbitrary women voting on my right to guns, vasectomy, peenis tattoos, anal bleaching, nose job,,,,or anything else I might decide is my business.
You do of course realize that the RKBA depends upon having an orderly, moral society that values their neighbor, right?

If you support the breakup of the family through things like consequence-free termination of family members, you are asking for a police state to be it's replacement.

Violent crime has dropped since Roe v. Wade, if anything, it's lead to a more orderly, not a less orderly society.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
This goes right along with the Irish being encouraged to take in Afreakin!/muslim immigrants into their spare bedrooms.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Violent crime has dropped since Roe v. Wade, if anything, it's lead to a more orderly, not a less orderly society.

Did anyone notice this baseless and deliberately misleading attempt to state "cause and effect" !!

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't need arbitrary women voting on my right to guns, vasectomy, peenis tattoos, anal bleaching, nose job,,,,or anything else I might decide is my business.
You do of course realize that the RKBA depends upon having an orderly, moral society that values their neighbor, right?

If you support the breakup of the family through things like consequence-free termination of family members, you are asking for a police state to be it's replacement.

That's 1 way of twisting the truth, abortions directly effect my 2nd amendment rights...interesting logic lol

I'm not Catholic, I'm not a woman, it's none of my concern...the SCOTUS has decided, that makes it the law of the land to me. Whether we pay for it is another conversation all together.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Kinda like Pirates and Global Warming

[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For some whom others label as "religious" and whose tenets are challenged on the basis of that label, the fundament of their beliefs and practices are not related to a "church" organization and/or a human codified religious doctrine. Their tenets and practices are based on a personal relationship with a God and Savior. Build a case - and related accusations - against that fact, if you will.

The moral tenets of some are derived from such a relationship - while the same or similar moral tenets of others are based on other factors. Nonetheless, those moral tenets are applied to the conduct of lives, and are important. One of those tenets pertains to the murder of defenseless other beings.

There has been a lot of obfuscatory and PC rhetoric applied by those who wish to avoid or deflect from the obvious - like the vapid "right to choose". Of course a woman has the right to control her own body. So be it. That includes the choice keeping it clean and healthy, or being filthy and abusing herself with all sorts of harmful stuff, or doing things somewhere in between. So be it. That includes her decisions about whether or not to enable her pregnancy - or avoid it. So be it. It's her choice

But - does the woman have a right to murder an individual living being she chose to enable - a being that is not herself? For convenience, Hitler murdered many, many Jews - and others. For convenience, Stalin murdered a whole bunch of folks. Pol Pot did much the same - and so have many other powerful figures. Yes - those murders are grand-scale events of murder for convenience. Is a single murder for convenience any less egregious?

Given the current legal frameworks, pregnant women in many places can choose to murder for convenience. How is her convenience any different or more significant than that of Hitler, or Stalin, or Pol Pot, or ??? It appears that the act of willful abortion is as much a mark of destruction for the woman as it is for the child she murders. As a society, we have become complicit. Anyone care to try to form that into "religiosity"?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Say someone walks up to a pregnant woman on the street and punches them in the stomach.

Woman loses the baby.

What is the charge the pin on him?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Say someone walks up to a pregnant woman on the street and punches them in the stomach.

Woman loses the baby.

If the intent were to kill the unborn child, that's murder.

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by bludog
Yeah, murder is a great method of population control. SMH.

Again,

Not everyone accepts your religious inspired definition.

Spoken like a Nazi. Good job!

The next step is to make others PAY for these "medical procedures"....not everyone accepts the statist definition; some people still consider it theft.

Really...you had to resort to "Nazi".

Yea, I find it pretty interesting that just acknowledging that his is not the universal view, as demonstrated in this election, is enough to brand a person a Nazi.

Remind me of the Left branding everyone who disagrees with them a Racist.

Nope, I just hold certain truths to be "self-evident". The fact that some view it as a religious persecution and not universal is either a commie, someone with an agenda, a Nazi or someone with a guilty conscience. If it doesnt apply to you, you dont have a problem with it.

I realize this is about Ireland, but I dont have any delusions that plenty have a problem with it even in my town.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Woman loses the baby.

Assault with bodily harm.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by CCCC

Did anyone notice this baseless and deliberately misleading attempt to state "cause and effect" !!

Not just wrong, but very wrong. I've already mentioned the study, the economist and university in this discussion.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Kinda like Pirates and Global Warming

[Linked Image]

No,

Kind of like a peer reviewed journal article:

https://academic.oup.com/qje/article-abstract/116/2/379/1904158

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Nope, I just hold certain truths to be "self-evident". The fact that some view it as a religious persecution and not universal is either a commie, someone with an agenda, a Nazi or someone with a guilty conscience. If it doesnt apply to you, you dont have a problem with it.

I realize this is about Ireland, but I dont have any delusions that plenty have a problem with it even in my town.

If your position was so "self evident" it wouldn't be the minority position in Ireland and the U.S.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by CCCC
For some whom others label as "religious" and whose tenets are challenged on the basis of that label, the fundament of their beliefs and practices are not related to a "church" organization and/or a human codified religious doctrine. Their tenets and practices are based on a personal relationship with a God and Savior. Build a case - and related accusations - against that fact, if you will.

The moral tenets of some are derived from such a relationship - while the same or similar moral tenets of others are based on other factors. Nonetheless, those moral tenets are applied to the conduct of lives, and are important. One of those tenets pertains to the murder of defenseless other beings.

There has been a lot of obfuscatory and PC rhetoric applied by those who wish to avoid or deflect from the obvious - like the vapid "right to choose". Of course a woman has the right to control her own body. So be it. That includes the choice keeping it clean and healthy, or being filthy and abusing herself with all sorts of harmful stuff, or doing things somewhere in between. So be it. That includes her decisions about whether or not to enable her pregnancy - or avoid it. So be it. It's her choice

But - does the woman have a right to murder an individual living being she chose to enable - a being that is not herself? For convenience, Hitler murdered many, many Jews - and others. For convenience, Stalin murdered a whole bunch of folks. Pol Pot did much the same - and so have many other powerful figures. Yes - those murders are grand-scale events of murder for convenience. Is a single murder for convenience any less egregious?

Given the current legal frameworks, pregnant women in many places can choose to murder for convenience. How is her convenience any different or more significant than that of Hitler, or Stalin, or Pol Pot, or ??? It appears that the act of willful abortion is as much a mark of destruction for the woman as it is for the child she murders. As a society, we have become complicit. Anyone care to try to form that into "religiosity"?

Okay, now explain how you can justify forcing a woman to bear a child she does not want...it is not your body.

That is the problem here, some still see women as chattel.

I personally do not want to see abortion become common place and most definitely do not want it to raise it's ugly head in my family...but it is NOT MY choice to make.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

And all of you that rant about the left and the anti-2nd mobs that infringe your freedom...take a good hard look in a mirror.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

And if you still feel a need to infringe the right of women and force them to bear children then you are not conservative and you do not value personal freedom, you are a control freak just like the rest of the filth.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I personally do not want to see abortion become common place and most definitely do not want it to raise it's ugly head in my family...but it is NOT MY choice to make.

Exactly, we ALL expect our freedoms & liberties not be infringed upon,,,but some choose hypocritically to control others choices.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 1234, 67 invisible), 2,396 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,475
Posts18,489,932
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.