Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T
Here's an interesting topic for discussion among the saved members of the church. A lot of provinces and states have an organ donor program with a donor notification on the driver's licence.

So, firstly, should a saved person donate their organs to perhaps prolong the life of another human being?

And secondly, when the blessed hope (the catching away of the saved) occurs, will the donated organs go up with the saved person, or will they remain in the new host?

Have fun, boys. laugh

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Yep, they should donate.

For the second one, who cares. It's Paradise and the streets are lined with gold. Since sex and pizza don't seem to be in the cards for the after life, don't matter much which ORGAN is missing.........

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
So, firstly, should a saved person donate their organs to perhaps prolong the life of another human being?

So what could be the worse thing that happened if your organs were used to save a life? Let us say that the organ in question is needed to save the life of your 12 year old child, would you do it? I sure as heck know I would and twice on Sunday.

If God wants to keep me out of heaven for saving my child's life, he can have it.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep,
If I should die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Ya'll can have the rest. wink

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Let us say that the organ in question is needed to save the life of your 12 year old child, would you do it?
I'd give up mine now for one of mine.

If God wants to keep me out of heaven for saving my child's life, he can have it.
He don't, though He gave His Own to get you there.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Yep, they should donate.

For the second one, who cares. It's Paradise and the streets are lined with gold. Since sex and pizza don't seem to be in the cards for the after life, don't matter much which ORGAN is missing.........
Mosta yours are gonna be all used up by then anyway. grin

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Hopefully nothing but a nub left........

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
There are a lot of Christians' bodies lying in graves with parts missing from accidents, birth defects, amputations, etc. Who would want to arise with the decrepit body he died with? We're going to get fresh ones anyway.

1 Cor 15:40 There are also heavenly bodies and there are earthly bodies; but the splendour of the heavenly bodies is one kind, and the splendour of the earthly bodies is another.
41 The sun has one kind of splendour, the moon another and the stars another; and star differs from star in splendour.
42 So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable;
43 it is sown in dishonour, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power;
44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.
45 So it is written: "The first man Adam became a living being"; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.
46 The spiritual did not come first, but the natural, and after that the spiritual.
47 The first man was of the dust of the earth, the second man from heaven.
48 As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the man from heaven, so also are those who are of heaven.

(vs 46 is a good one to remember for those who believe in man's pre-existance in heaven)

Last edited by Rock Chuck; 03/03/07.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by the_shootist
Here's an interesting topic for discussion among the saved members of the church. A lot of provinces and states have an organ donor program with a donor notification on the driver's licence.
A:
I AM ONE.

A:
Absolutely if they are lead to..and I am.

And secondly, when the blessed hope (the catching away of the saved) occurs, will the donated organs go up with the saved person, or will they remain in the new host?

A:
I'll let my Lord Jesus deal with that..I'm not worried about it at all.Jim

Have fun, boys. laugh

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by jim in Oregon
Originally Posted by the_shootist
A:
I AM ONE.

A:
Absolutely if they are lead to..and I am.

A:
I'll let my Lord Jesus deal with that..I'm not worried about it at all.Jim

Have fun, boys. laugh
Cat got your keyboard, Jim?

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Q:
"Cat got your keyboard, Jim? "

RickyD..Explain please..I thought it was pretty straightforward..:) jim

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Oh! I see now. Sorry. You made your post within the quote. I thought you had simply quoted an above post and neglected to include your post.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Step away from the glass of Manishevitz..............

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Yea, it doesn't matter how ya leave your old body cause you'll be gettin a new one.....

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Do we get to pick our body?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
RickyD, no problem..Brother.Jim

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
New bodies....Jesus said that we would become as angels and there would be no marriage. So, will we be men and women or will we be sort of uni-sex. There's actually very little that we're told of heaven other than it will be great. If God can cook up something as great as marriage in this sinful world, think of what he can come up with in a sinless one.

Dick

― George Orwell

T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T
We shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:1-3

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
True...but none of us has seen him as he is, hence my speculation.

Dick

― George Orwell

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
think of what he can come up with in a sinless one

McMillan's for EVERYONE!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 222Sako, 61 invisible), 2,398 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,544
Posts18,491,601
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.