Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It floors me when I read of places where you have to have your dog licensed every year.

My wife telling me about living/working in Philly. She had to pay Federal Income Tax, State Income Tax, and City Income Tax. WTFO

Her inheritance was taxed almost 5% when her dad died and her sister had to pay the tax on her 'half' of the house. Crazy how people will live in such sheitholes and continue to feed the government and let them rule over them.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Steelhead
It floors me when I read of places where you have to have your dog licensed every year.

My wife telling me about living/working in Philly. She had to pay Federal Income Tax, State Income Tax, and City Income Tax. WTFO

Her inheritance was taxed almost 5% when her dad died and her sister had to pay the tax on her 'half' of the house. Crazy how people will live in such sheitholes and continue to feed the government and let them rule over them.

Oh, don't even get me started on the local excise tax on vehicles. Basically every year you pay the town a tax on every registered vehicle you own based on its sale price when you bought it. I'm talking about a sales tax above and beyond the state and fed that ou paid when you first bought your vehicle. And it's annual in Maine. Look it up. It could amount to thousands.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Dryfly24

Oh, don't even get me started on the local excise tax on vehicles. Basically every year you pay the town a tax on every registered vehicle you own based on its sale price when you bought it. I'm talking about a sales tax above and beyond the state and fed that ou paid when you first bought your vehicle. And it's annual in Maine. Look it up. It could amount to thousands.

I know of places that do that and it's nuts. Why so many happily live in all those sheitholes is beyond me. Shows just how ignorant and apathetic people are.

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
If the United States needed an enema.....it could be inserted in New York City....or New Orleans, Louisiana!!

You can't hear the: "Me. me, me", cries emanating from San Francisco?

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Where I live in Western WA one cannot cut down trees without a lot of paperwork and money to get the permit.

One finds out in a hurry that your trees are not your trees.

I had trees removed before the rules got stricker. I still had to supply a geologic study on land stability.

Those are in the backyard of a 1/4 acre lot.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Clarkm
Where I live in Western WA one cannot cut down trees without a lot of paperwork and money to get the permit.

I had trees removed before the rules got stricker. I still had to supply a geologic study on land stability.

Careful with that, apparently there are some on this board that will find that hard to believe and question your veracity... grin

Last edited by Dryfly24; 06/12/18.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I hunt up north of the Golden Road and sometimes stop for fuel in Jackman. I never would have imagined anyone would give you trouble for cutting trees in your yard up there.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by kingston
I hunt up north of the Golden Road and sometimes stop for fuel in Jackman. I never would have imagined anyone would give you trouble for cutting trees in your yard up there.

Like I said, this was fifteen years ago and it wasn't because it was a tree. It was because I had cleared the dead alders near what they considered a "waterway". Never mind that it was a seasonal brook you could step across in my own backyard no less.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Another time, one of my buddies got a visit at his house from the local "Fire Marshall" for burning leaves and brush in his yard without a burn permit. I'm not talking about a full on bonfire size blaze. It was hardly more than a campfire.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
In NY, not only can you not kill a criminal that threatens your family, you can't even kill a tree that threatens your family.

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

I know you're serious, but at the same time I'm thinking, 'you gotta be chittin' me'... An annual tax on a (or every) vehicle you own - other than the normal plates????

Eff that..

Good Lord.. WTH's gone wrong in this country? Freedom? What freedom?

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by reivertom
In NY, not only can you not kill a criminal that threatens your family, you can't even kill a tree that threatens your family.

City or state law?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Redneck

I know you're serious, but at the same time I'm thinking, 'you gotta be chittin' me'... An annual tax on a (or every) vehicle you own - other than the normal plates????

Eff that..

We gave women the vote, let them into government and now everything is mommy may I. Whether it's to conduct business, or dealing with your property.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Redneck

Eff that..

Sickening isn't it? I'm sure he founding fathers are rolling in their graves. How the hell did we get so far from what they fought to create?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Then we can talk about property taxes. We paid 7500 dollars for our 100 acres in the 60s.

We pay approximately 7000 a year in taxes on the land plus 2 houses and some sheds.

We buy it back every year damn near literally in one aspect.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Property taxes should NOT exist, period.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Property taxes should NOT exist, period.

That is a core belief written into my DNA. I want that carved into my gravestone. As long as property taxes exist, no one but the government owns property. The concept of private ownership is myth. You think you own your home? Quit paying paying your property tax and see how long you remain a homeowner. . .

Last edited by Dryfly24; 06/13/18.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Exactly, add it to sales tax etc... but property tax is one of the worst things this country has in place.

My wife is a county appraiser for such and there isn't a single person in that office anymore than thinks property taxes should exist. Much less the stupid rules they have to follow as appraisers set in place by the state.

And the taxing entities then NEVER reduce rates... even if the value goes up, they won't reduce the rates they "charge" for the value.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I live in NY and I've cut down alot of trees on my property without a permit or anybody's permission. Until now I'd never heard of such a thing. And licensing a dog ? Who knew ? That must be just for townies and city folks.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I live in NY and I've cut down alot of trees on my property without a permit or anybody's permission. Until now I'd never heard of such a thing. And licensing a dog ? Who knew ? That must be just for townies and city folks.

I think you are crossing your signals. The dog registry thing was something I posted about in Maine and I can assure you it has nothing to do with being "a townie or city folk". It's state wide from the smallest towns like Jackman, to the largest cities like Portland.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

138 members (257wthbylover, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 300_savage, 257_X_50, 1_deuce, 18 invisible), 2,561 guests, and 883 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,643
Posts18,533,669
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.