Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by ltppowell

So. You've been planning on killing the defendant a long time...

grin

Good one, El Tee!!

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by bowmanh

Good summary. I also use the ACLDN and think it is better than the NRA or USCCA offerings. I've had most of the training DocRocket mentions as well as training at Thunder Ranch and Marty Hayes' FAS etc..

There's a lot of good training out there. I've taken training at Thunder Ranch, from several past and present Gunsite instructors, from many others. Lots of people have a piece of the truth, it's worth studying under many teachers.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by hanco
I need some, I may have to shoot someone

Well thats the last damn thing I"d have ever posted in a public forum...

That’s the last thing I’d ever want to have to go through...Total nightmare in Oregon, especially Portland. Gun and gun owner haters everywhere, including a lot of our judges...Best defense is being aware and alert to my surroundings. If I can avoid a situation, I will avoid it. I’m not ever looking to intentionally put myself in a sketchy situation where I have to clear leather on somebody...

I’am Looking at these plans posted in this thread though...Always better to know you have solid, experienced legal counsel in the unfortunate event that I’am forced to defend myself or wife with my firearm...I appreciate all the information 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Originally Posted by JWD8310
My state has a no-liability law for self defense shootings. Maybe yours does too.

That doesn't cover you against legal fees in a criminal case. That's what the big part of the insurance is for - immediate 24/7 phone access to an attorney, money for a retainer and $X for attorney's fees.

WA has a zero liability law where the state must reimburse the defendant if found tonhave used force in self defense.

J
Jamie Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
My state has a no-liability law for self defense shootings. Maybe yours does too.

That doesn't cover you against legal fees in a criminal case. That's what the big part of the insurance is for - immediate 24/7 phone access to an attorney, money for a retainer and $X for attorney's fees.

WA has a zero liability law where the state must reimburse the defendant if found tonhave used force in self defense.

There's the money you'd have to put up for a legal defense and lord knows how long it would take in the court system to be cleared of all wrong and be reimbursement

IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Pfft shooting insurance. When are they gonna come out with Child Support insurance

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
ive got the uscca platinum, hope i never have to make that call, but i owe it to my family to not bankrupt us If i have to shoot some [bleep] head trying to do them harm

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
J
Jamie Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Pfft shooting insurance. When are they gonna come out with Child Support insurance

Scott.
At your age I don't think Child Support is much of a worry. grin

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by cisco1

Armed Citizen Legal Defense Network , Inc.

NOT insurance based ,. ACLDN is a net work with a Huge war chest, ready to help immediately. Without an insurance investigation. Insurance based is not a good format. Who needs insurance companies involved with a shooting?

Couple of years ago the NRA disinvited 2-3 exhibitors from the annual NRA meeting, because the exhibitors had a plan in competition with Carry Guard.. The NRA had just kicked off their Carry Guard. ACLDN was not disinvited. However, Marty Hayes from ACLDN protested the disinvite from the NRA, even though the disinvited were competitors of ACLDN.

ACLDN runs a training site also. If you are serious about Carrying Concealed you need something to protect you.

Carry Guard is , in my studied opinion, woefully insufficient. Do not construe this to mean I do not support the NRA.

^This.

Both the ACDN offering and Marty Hayes’ pistol training are worth the price. A substantive component of the pre-range classroom training is on the justified use of lethal force in a SD scenarios.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

508 members (21, 2500HD, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,633 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,811
Posts18,536,699
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.