Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
No love for the Glock......

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/06/te...ty-selects-sig-sauer-p320/#axzz5IzrLuw5J

Texas Department of Public Safety Selects SIG SAUER P320

Newington, N.H. –-(Ammoland.com)- Today, SIG SAUER, Inc., announced the Texas Department of Public Safety (TXDPS) has integrated the SIG SAUER P320 as its official service firearm throughout its divisions.

The Texas Department of Public Safety is the statewide agency responsible for law enforcement and vehicle registration headquartered in Austin, Texas. The TXDPS is one of the largest law enforcement agencies in the country and is comprised of thirteen divisions including the Texas Highway Patrol, and the Texas Rangers.

“We are proud to continue our long-standing relationship with the Texas Department of Public Safety and honored that they have chosen the SIG SAUER P320 as their official service firearm,” began Tom Jankiewicz, Executive Vice President, Law Enforcement Sales, SIG SAUER, Inc. “The modularity and ability to customize the P320 pistol, combined with the ultimate in reliability and accuracy, made it the right choice for the diverse needs, across all divisions, for the Texas Department of Safety.”

The P320 is a modular, striker-fired pistol available in full-size, carry, compact, and subcompact sizing. The serialized trigger group makes the P320 adaptable to multiple caliber, size, and grip options. The P320 is available in 9mm, .357SIG, 40S&W, and .45ACP, with a choice of contrast, or SIGLITE Night Sights. The intuitive 3-point takedown requires no trigger pull for disassembly, and safety features include a striker safety, disconnect safety, and optional manual safety.

The Texas Department of Public Safety will acquire 4,000 SIG SAUER P320 pistols for official service use throughout the TXDPS Highway Patrol, Criminal Investigations Divisions (CID), Aircraft Division, Executive Protection Bureau, Intelligence and Counterterrorism, Texas Rangers, SWAT, and Special Operations Group.

“To earn the confidence of such a highly revered law enforcement agency is truly a privilege for all of us within the SIG SAUER organization. We value and appreciate the opportunity to assist the men and women of the Texas Department of Public Safety in carrying out its mission – to protect and serve the citizens of Texas,” concluded Jankiewicz.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Will they stick with the 357 Sig cartridge?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Expect to see more of the same.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I have Glocks, they are fun to shoot, but I like a manual safety.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hanco
I have Glocks, they are fun to shoot, but I like a manual safety.

Me too, my old 2nd gen G19 is my "if I could have only one" handgun, but it wears the "NY" 12lb trigger spring set-up.

Other's MMV.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Manual safeties can fail just like anything can. And don't get an O/U then because some have automatic safeties like Glocks and the like.

Old habits die hard and stubbornly.

12 pound trigger. Ugh... our Glocks are around 5 and very safe and very workable. And so far hell for good deer and javelina killers

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I've never liked the way a Glock felt in my hand. I can and have picked up Sig's that I'd never held before and shot them well enough. I favor a manual safety, and still carry a 1911 at times. My EDC is a P938.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
P220, P228, P938, all cases covered.

Old guy, old guns.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I have a Sig P320, I got on the suggestion of Ed 2ManyLetters...

I really like it.. so I think the State of Texas made a good choice.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
The bore axis of every Sig except the 210 and the 230 is so high it's like there is a 2x4 sitting edgewise on my hand. No thanks.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I own several Glocks in 9mm, 45, and 10mm. I like, and shoot them very well and have no issue with them not having a safety, MOST of the time. If I'm carrying it in a proper holster they are fine. But I've never been comfortable leaving a round chambered with one sitting in the nightstand or glove box. I'm also used to a 1911 style safety so using both types isn't a big deal to me. I thought the Sig was supposed to be offered in a version with a manual safety, but haven't seen one yet. The price is right, I can get one locally for $449 OTD.and I've been tempted, but don't see what one would do any better than the Glocks I already own.

I did run across one of the Smith M&P 2.0's at a good price with the 1911 style safety. I like it and it serves duty as my nightstand gun now.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I agree with Borchardt. After shooting and carrying Glocks for 30 years, when I pick up a Sig, I feel like the sights are 4" above my hand. Don't get me wrong. Sig makes a fine pistol. It's just not what I'm used to.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
This has been a soap opera for a few years now. Texas announced the selection of the M&P a few years back. I even went to S&W Armorer school with a number of DPS Troopers. At that time, they were very excited, and had run the guns through the wringer. A short time later, TX DPS rescinded that selection based on "reliability concerns" which occurred only in recruit training, and went back to the Sig 226. Last I heard they were having fits with the 320....much moreso than any issue they ever had with the M&P......I guess they finally got enough of the bugs worked out to where they have selected them again.

The Oklahoma Highway Patrol chose the same gun. They also had a LOT of failures, and the majority of the guys I know hate them. Sig, however, is very, very good at hiring retired troopers as sales reps......

Last edited by liliysdad; 06/21/18.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Will they stick with the 357 Sig cartridge?

No, they have switched to 9mm as well. This transition has been taking place for a while now (to the P320). Trooper friend of mine let me shoot his P320 in 9mm a good while back. It's got the TXDPS crest engraved on the slide too.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I bought a 320 on the suggestion of my good friend who was a Glock fan. I'm not a pistolero but I can shoot this gun better than others I had been shooting. Mine is the carry model.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Borchardt
The bore axis of every Sig except the 210 and the 230 is so high it's like there is a 2x4 sitting edgewise on my hand. No thanks.

Bingo. I used to like my P230, but most other Sigs have a needlessly high bore axis.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Borchardt

Bingo. I used to like my P230, but most other Sigs have a needlessly high bore axis.

grin
[Linked Image]

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
J
J23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
My department tested several different handguns a couple years ago. The P320 was the overwhelming favorite of many, including myself. The gun just felt "good" in your hand, and the trigger was something to behold. Two of our three Firearms Instructors didn't like it though, and we ended up going with something else. I was disappointed. It is a moot point to me, having a plain clothes assignment, I carry whatever I want, so long as I qualify with it.
Still, I was disappointed when they passed up the Sig. I think everyone else was too.

"Ignorance is acceptable, because you can remedy it with knowledge and research. Stupidity is when you guard your ignorance."
Ted Nugent

"Idolizing a politician is like believing the stripper really likes you."
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"Me too, my old 2nd gen G19 is my "if I could have only one" handgun, but it wears the "NY" 12lb trigger spring set-up."

Why don't you get it fixed? My old Glock 22 had the 12lb trigger and I had the trigger modified to 5.5 lbs. I like it much better with the lighter trigger pull and it's more accurate.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
4,000 guns ain’t much of an order.

And I’m not sure why Glock is discussed because I don’t recall DPS ever carrying Glocks.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

100 members (6MMWASP, Alan_C, 7mm_Loco, AdventureBound, 8 invisible), 1,502 guests, and 830 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,327
Posts18,505,887
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.