Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by jaguartx
RIP.

I guess even Satan doesnt want McLame.

He just wants to torture us longer. That's why he's the devil and your not.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Just saw it on Fox.

He was a man of measured demeanor with a mind beyond measure. He will be missed and we are lessened by his loss.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A great loss indeed. His book was one of the best I've read in years. Did not agree with him on some issues, but I must say every time I read his point of view, it always maybe ponder and rethink mine.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
RIP, guy always seemed to have internal demons/tortured soul issues, I saw that too when he was speaking, as well as something very wrong with his health.

Trump Won!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
RIP, Charles. Always made you think, and mostly in the right direction.. His ability to survive as a conservative columnist in DC and at Washington Post for so many years was quite an accomplishment in itself.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by local_dirt
RIP, Charles. Always made you think, and mostly in the right direction.. His ability to survive as a conservative columnist in DC and at Washington Post for so many years was quite an accomplishment in itself.

Charles started out as a liberal and was a speech writer for Mondale in his Presidential campaign. As liberals transitioned to lieberals, Charles also transitioned to conservatism.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I will miss him. Lots of sad people at Fox last night on Special Report. I was hoping for a recovery and his return to that show.

There will be a tribute to him tonight on Fox News channel in Hannity's slot. He had a way of cutting out all the BS and getting to the heart of things. Very intelligent but treated everyone as if they were too.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Charles started out as a liberal and was a speech writer for Mondale in his Presidential campaign. As liberals transitioned to lieberals, Charles also transitioned to conservatism.

True. Many on the conservative side now started out as liberals. I just can't stand the ones who frequently change their stripes, like Megyn Kelly.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I always enjoyed listening to his comment. The man was eloquent and full of whit. He will be missed.

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've always wondered how many people would have paid attention to him if his last name had been Smith. (That isn't meant to demean him or his work.)

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
John, "Would a rose by any other name-?" I think Krauthammer would have made his mark by any name. I'd not want to have to spell that name out to everyone.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He always reminded me of that creepy puppet on Mr Rogers when I was a kid.

Anyway, Godspeed Mr Krauthammer!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He left his mark where it mattered. That's a pretty good accomplishment.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wabigoon
John, "Would a rose by any other name-?" I think Krauthammer would have made his mark by any name. I'd not want to have to spell that name out to everyone.

I think that his work would stand on its own; I have just always felt that many people are suckers for a name that stands out, regardless of the level of merit involved.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I've always wondered how many people would have paid attention to him if his last name had been Smith. (That isn't meant to demean him or his work.)

You mean "smith" as in white bread and mayonnaise satin' LOW SAT scoring Goym? not hardly...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by jorgeI
A great loss indeed. His book was one of the best I've read in years. Did not agree with him on some issues, but I must say every time I read his point of view, it always maybe ponder and rethink mine.

Same here, Jorge. I'll miss his commentaries for sure and his op-eds in our newspaper.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I put him in the same class a William Buckley and George Will, which is high praise. Nearly as good was William Safire. Jonah Goldberg is still good. Once upon a time Kathleen Parker made sense. One oddity on the liberal left is Froma Harrop. I disagree with her values, and usually her conclusions and goals. But she writes well, doesn't take cheap shots, makes valid arguments. Her stuff starts from real problems and is well thought out. She is a far cry from the usual liberal tripe and worth reading if you seek challenging view points.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Liberal when it paid off, and switched to "conservative" when that paid off.

But I gotta admit, a guy goin both ways from a wheelchair *was* impressive.

Course, he had the advantage of not havin ta hold his breath.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Bright/intelligent guy, but was wrong about lots of things, and perpetually stuck in the 80's, when "civil discourse" was the order of the day. Civil discourse is nice and all, but he was more than happy to watch folks get their country stolen out from under them, while seeking to remain "civil" (and stab many "like-minded" conservatives in the back, merely for the crime of not acting as "sophisticated" as the Buckley-ites.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Krauthammer was not conservative. He was hostile to core conservative tenets. He had even espoused surrendering America's sovereignty to a cabal that, within his anti-America thinking, would rule the world. He merely forgot to tell us who was going to rule the omnipotent cabal.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2012/11/way-forward-charles-krauthammer/

Krauthammer hated President Trump. You can read his own words that he hoped would destroy President Trump's candidacy:

https://www.mediaite.com/online/kra...ssism-has-infantile-hunger-for-approval/

Krauthammer said he wouldn't vote for Republican nominee Donald J Trump, which means he'd of preferred the uncharged felon in the Oval Office.

Krauthammer was the enemy in sheep's clothing.

Watch Krauthammer attempt to lie about and deny his alliance with the Deep State, which is the enemy of individual liberty:

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

727 members (16gage, 12344mag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 16Racing, 10Glocks, 74 invisible), 2,645 guests, and 1,364 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,843
Posts18,478,259
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.