Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Yes that model

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Just sweep with your hand the dirt mound to the side. There will be a hole, pull it apart with your hands till ya got enough room to place the trap and tell if it’s a straight run and not a intersection, I have trapped em in a intersection, but ya gotta remove a lot more sod and set 3-4 traps or however many tunnels ya got.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
3584ELK Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thank you!

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hanco
I soak the yard with gas, light the SOB, kills moles,ants, chinch bugs, it’s a do everything solution.

And you’ve rebuilt your house many times...😜😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Only once!!!!

IC B2

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
They’re there because of grubs underground. Put out pesticides to kill grubs and they’ll go somewhere else. We had the same problem with armadildos 😀as well as moles. We put out grubworm killer and they moved onto somewhere else.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Get a Victor Mole Trap Plunger and study the route layout and you will see eventually one tunnel that leads to a wooded area or vacant lot etc....place that trap where the main tunnel divides to the others. You only have one maybe two that's doing the damage.

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

3584ELK Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by navlav8r
They’re there because of grubs underground. Put out pesticides to kill grubs and they’ll go somewhere else. We had the same problem with armadildos 😀as well as moles. We put out grubworm killer and they moved onto somewhere else.

Tried it sir, it worked once for about 2 months.

3584ELK Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Update for those interested: I bought two Victor Out of Sight mole traps as well as two Nash chokers. I followed Judman's advice in setting them, but evidently too close to the hole.

I learned from a YouTube video that I was not placing the traps deeply enough. I also learned that moles in the eastern U.S. don't dig as deeply as the moles in the western half. I have a concrete fence footer between the neighbor and I which is about 8 inches deep. I followed a tunnel right under the footer, proving the theorem above.

In the meantime, the weather has gotten warm and dry here in WA. As a result, the moles have ceased most of their activity.

My neighbor to west has gone to the extreme of walling off his garden with plywood set about 18" deep. The same neighbor invited his retired father in law to kill moles with a $50 bounty.

So far, the man has made $50. To be continued...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Buy assault rat poison dump a few pellets down a hole in the tunnel. I know the miles aren't supposed to eat rat poison, but it works. Haven't had a mole in ten years.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Another I got a few days ago, he was a smart bugger!!
[Linked Image]

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
I turn this one loose on them, he's pure death on them. Then, after the carcasses are ripe, the little f**ker rolls around on them just to taunt them. Here here is building up his energy for another mole massacre............

[Linked Image]

Cute little murderer. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The spear type trap made by Victor, i believe, was what we used for years- after we figured out how to set it correctly. A couple foot prints in width on either side of the trap and trigger: so the critter is pushing up some sod before he gets right under the spears, that’ll get’em nearly every time. Those traps are so easy to use, and effective, once you get the method, that they are almost boring.

Last edited by Klikitarik; 07/23/18.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
I turn this one loose on them, he's pure death on them. Then, after the carcasses are ripe, the little f**ker rolls around on them just to taunt them. Here here is building up his energy for another mole massacre............

[Linked Image]

Cute little murderer. smile

He’s got “Shifty Eyes” total killer, right there. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Get a powerful water pump and hoses. Pump water from the river so the area with moles is flooded. Borrow or recruit a pack of ratters and have them kill any moles attempting to escape.

[Linked Image from ]
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (16gage, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 12344mag, 70 invisible), 3,106 guests, and 1,425 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,751
Posts18,476,255
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.