Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by koshkin
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

With your love for the tweener range scopes for hunting (like me) and the advancement of technology,I hope it will be a 1-8X42 with your G4 mill, illuminated dot.

There are good technical reasons why 1-8x42 is unlikely. However, there is already a 1.5-9x45 (I am testing it), and while a little heavy, it would be a very good platform for such a reticle. Riflescopes are a very saturated market, but there are still a few niches that can be addressed. Perhaps, I'll do it at some point.

ILya

Yes,I spotted that Delta just before you mentioned it on here a few months ago. I have been wanting to read your full review. If it needs the weight to be dependable,I do love the power range for eastern whitetail where I might go from 3 yards visibility to 300 several times a day.

GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
It is sitting on my 280Rem Tikka right now and is working really well. At 1.5x, I can easily see the barrel in the FOV and one interesting thing that occurred to me is that for quick shooting, I sorta "put the muzzle on the target and pull the trigger". It works surprisingly well. Also, the illuminated dot is quite bright and easy to see even during the day. Even without that, the reticle is thick enough for low light use.

Overall, I am pretty impressed. It is a fairly basic scope, but as a general purpose design, it is a really compelling option. If Delta does not figure out their importer issues, I might just import a couple of models myself when I am done with the testing.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

ILya

Last edited by koshkin; 07/29/18.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
It is sitting on my 280Rem Tikka right now and is working really well. At 1.5x, I can easily see the barrel in the FOV and one interesting thing that occurred to me is that for quick shooting, I sorta "put the muzzle on the target and pull the trigger". It works surprisingly well. Also, the illuminated dot is quite bright and easy to see even during the day. Even without that, the reticle is thick enough for low light use.

Overall, I am pretty impressed. It is a fairly basic scope, but as a general purpose design, it is a really compelling option. If Delta does not figure out their importer issues, I might just import a couple of models myself when I am done with the testing.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

ILya

I like everything about it except that I wish it were a bit lighter. I wouldn't lighten it however to sacrifice mechanical integrity. I also like that it's long enough to mount on a long action. Do you have any concerns about possible warranty work down the line?

Is it as bright,and does the image fill the ocular, like it does on the Razor HD LH?

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 07/29/18.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
How much does the delta weigh? It says made in Japan, LOW? I am beginning to wonder how different these scopes really are. I know NF focuses on durability and repeatability above all else, but I have to wonder with a 34mm scope made in maybe the same factory how is it not durable and repeatable? Still liking the idea of the 17 ounce NSX8 and yet 45 mm at 8x is intriguing. Nice number 4 as well are they etched or wire reticles?

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

ILya

I like everything about it except that I wish it were a bit lighter. I wouldn't lighten it however to sacrifice mechanical integrity. I also like that it's long enough to mount on a long action. Do you have any concerns about possible warranty work down the line?

Is it as bright,and does the image fill the ocular, like it does on the Razor HD LH?

I havn't yet done a proper side-by-side with the HD LH. At first blush, it looks in the same ballpark in terms of image quality, but first impressions are just that: first impressions.

It is definitely a substantially larger scope than HD LH.

ILya

IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by jimmyp
How much does the delta weigh? It says made in Japan, LOW? I am beginning to wonder how different these scopes really are. I know NF focuses on durability and repeatability above all else, but I have to wonder with a 34mm scope made in maybe the same factory how is it not durable and repeatable? Still liking the idea of the 17 ounce NSX8 and yet 45 mm at 8x is intriguing. Nice number 4 as well are they etched or wire reticles?

This reticle is called 2D and it is basically a #4 with two additional lead dots. The scope also comes with a regular number 4 reticle.

The weight is close to 24 ounces.

It is made by LOW. LOW, like all OEMs, builds to spec and there are always some differences between the assembly tolerances, component selection, etc. A lot of what people say about Nightforce is a result of very successful marketing, but they are definitely very good in keeping OEMs in line and in doing very careful QC. That makes a big difference.

Delta seems to have a very good track record of maintaining QC with their LOW products (they are pretty big in Central and Northern Europe, so I talked to some of the people who carry their scopes and they are very happy with quality and consistency).

ILya

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1337Fungi, 10gaugemag, 62 invisible), 2,434 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,778
Posts18,477,043
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.