Now disabled & not surprisingly-so!

--------------------

Last edited by Triple_Se7en; 02/26/07.
GB1

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Toby is revamping his site into two, one for modern inline shooters and one for traditionalist. I got an email from him the other day. Unfortunately it is on my computer at home and I am at work. When I get home tonight I will try to remember to post for ya'll to read.

DNOVUM

Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back!
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
I edited it above - on the presumption that you car correct.

Thanks!

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
As promised, here is the emial I received from Toby on the 20th.

On the evening of February 23rd, 2007 the HIGH PERFORMANCE MUZZLELOADING website will shut down.
Then on, or a few days before, April 1st an all-new "MUZZLELOADING HUNTER Web Magazine" will make its debut.

To facilitate the change, the new site will still be accessible using the www.hpmuzzleloading.com address, as well as another new address. Either will take viewers to an opening page, and when they click on the "Enter" button...the "Home" page that opens will offer viewers two different choices...

"MODERN MUZZLELOADING HUNTER"

Or...

"TRADITIONAL MUZZLELOADING HUNTER"

And by the end of summer, each of these sections will consist of nearly 50 pages of loading, shooting, how-to, techincal, ballistics information, plus articles on muzzleloader hunting and product reviews/test reports.

By offering the two distinctly different sides of this sport, each side can kind of keep tabs on what's happening with the other side. And hopefully, with the quick easy access to either the "Modern" or "Traditional" side of muzzleloading, the followers of either can learn a little about the other.

Like many regular viewers (nearly 500,000 in 2006) of the HIGH PERFORMANCE MUZZLELOADING website who enjoy shooting and hunting with both the modern in-line rifles and side-hammer traditional rifles...I too thoroughly enjoy both. Since the mid 1980s, I have hunted far more with a muzzleloader of modern design, and probably will continue to do so. However, I still appreciate the lines of a fine original rifle style dating from the late 1700s and early 1800s. And hardly a season goes by that I don't make at least one or two hunts with an older-style muzzle-loaded gun.

The future of muzzleloader hunting lies with each side of this sport having at least a tolerance of the rifles, loads and sights prefered by the other. And the more of us who find enjoyment in shooting and hunting with muzzle-loaded guns of both designs, the better.

I don't expect either side to fully agree with the other...or to spend equal time on both sides of the new "MUZZLELOADING HUNTER Web Magazine". But it will be there if they should feel the need...or to satisfy a curiosity about what's happening on the other side of the muzzleloader coin.

Be sure to check out the new concept on April 1st.

Thanks,
Toby Bridges, Host
MUZZLELOADING HUNTER Web Magazine

DNOVUM

Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
It appears the negative publicity caused for some of his sponsors has backfired.

"Flintlocks.......The Real Deal"
(Claims that 1:48" twists won't shoot PRBs accurately are old wives tales!!)
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Denvas
As promised, here is the email I received from Toby on the 20th.

On the evening of February 23rd, 2007 the HIGH PERFORMANCE MUZZLELOADING website will shut down.
Then on, or a few days before, April 1st an all-new "MUZZLELOADING HUNTER Web Magazine" will make its debut.

To facilitate the change, the new site will still be accessible using the www.hpmuzzleloading.com address, as well as another new address. Either will take viewers to an opening page, and when they click on the "Enter" button...the "Home" page that opens will offer viewers two different choices...

"MODERN MUZZLELOADING HUNTER"

Or...

"TRADITIONAL MUZZLELOADING HUNTER"

And by the end of summer, each of these sections will consist of nearly 50 pages of loading, shooting, how-to, techincal, ballistics information, plus articles on muzzleloader hunting and product reviews/test reports.

By offering the two distinctly different sides of this sport, each side can kind of keep tabs on what's happening with the other side. And hopefully, with the quick easy access to either the "Modern" or "Traditional" side of muzzleloading, the followers of either can learn a little about the other.

Like many regular viewers (nearly 500,000 in 2006) of the HIGH PERFORMANCE MUZZLELOADING website who enjoy shooting and hunting with both the modern in-line rifles and side-hammer traditional rifles...I too thoroughly enjoy both. Since the mid 1980s, I have hunted far more with a muzzleloader of modern design, and probably will continue to do so. However, I still appreciate the lines of a fine original rifle style dating from the late 1700s and early 1800s. And hardly a season goes by that I don't make at least one or two hunts with an older-style muzzle-loaded gun.

The future of muzzleloader hunting lies with each side of this sport having at least a tolerance of the rifles, loads and sights prefered by the other. And the more of us who find enjoyment in shooting and hunting with muzzle-loaded guns of both designs, the better.

I don't expect either side to fully agree with the other...or to spend equal time on both sides of the new "MUZZLELOADING HUNTER Web Magazine". But it will be there if they should feel the need...or to satisfy a curiosity about what's happening on the other side of the muzzleloader coin.

Be sure to check out the new concept on April 1st.

Thanks,
Toby Bridges, Host
MUZZLELOADING HUNTER Web Magazine

I've been promoting his website for a long time now. I kept his webplace in my ML board signature at several different muzzleloading messageboards on the web.

The man didn't even bother to send me an email - informing me he was disabling his board and starting a new one. mad mad mad mad mad mad

I'm done offering my help/services to this guy.
Hasta La Bye-Bye Bridges.

Last edited by Triple_Se7en; 02/28/07.
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I think you made the right decison, Trip....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Agree

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
i agree SSE i think T7 did the right thing . not because of in differences as to traditional or modern but because that fella is trouble . trouble for us all . im sure he has had some good info for modern folks recently.
but i tell you the personal e-mails i have gotten from him as well as many of his views , frankly make me believe that he will do and say what ever it takes to get money for himself .
IMO he does not have muzzleloading in any form as his primary interest. he is only here to make money of us in some way . be that directly or indirectly.
Nothing disgusts me more then to have a supposedly new person asking questions on the net .
Folks to include myself answer those questions honestly , for free and with helping an interested person get started .
Only to find a few months later a book has been published and being sold for a price , with the author claiming copy write .
The information skimmed from experienced folks printed and claimed as the authors own experiences .

We don�t need folks like that IMO

Last edited by captchee; 02/28/07.

[Linked Image]
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
I never took a stand on Bridges' recent stabs at the roundball ideals Toby has. I just looked at it like every man has his own opinion. Never got into the Savage-scene when he promoted it - for I thought it was a waste of money to have two styles of rifles to shoot 200-400 yards. I also thought that my approach to setting-up my deer blind with a muzzleloader in my hand should remain more traditional - in a more limited outdoor space... so I often discouraged the use of the Savage ML-10.

What I liked about Toby was his stand on equality for all ML shooters in the woods - in relations to ML seasons. I also like his stand on trying to influences places like Colorado and Idaho to include modernistic MLs... ie... things like ignition choice, scopes, sabots... etc.

But after several emails with the guy in the past year or two, I've come to the conclusion that he wanted to remain distant from the diehard Mlers who frequent ML boards daily & do his own thing all by himself. He never sought-out other NAHMA members for input on what he was doing with our membership names (or) where he was going with our membership names.

All NAHMA is-is a faceless, do-nothing society... only formed to fill an x-amount of lines on a piece of paper for verification that it exists. There are no online meetings -- no updates on what this Bridges guy is doing - where he's going - what has he done on a weekly or monthly basis - nothing!

If Toby Bridges is a leader/pioneer in this ML industry -- then I'm on the verge of becoming the next Pope of the Catholic Church.

Last edited by Triple_Se7en; 02/28/07.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Oh ya he is the guy that blew up the one and only savageML2 to ever go boom right? Right after he and savage had a spat,,,imagine that......

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I thought the ka-boom with the ML-10 occured right before the blow-up with Savage. No wonder given the double and even triple charges I read he subjected the gun to. Double bullets loads too. I've never got an answer if he had more than one ML-10 or if the one he blew up was his only one. Does anyone know? He may have known a good bit about the Savage and other things but he didn't know much about metalurgy.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He had others,,,the kaboom was after he and savage had fallen apart I believe,,then they really fell out in public,,The thing that bugged the heck out of me was how he had hotroded the ML2 for years and had encouraged others to do the same with double sabot loads and different powders and powder levels then after he manages to blow one up he starts screaming how they are the evil force in the world,, I never could figure how he could have gotten away from that without any injury anyway,,,you see that gun?

Location Western NC,
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
No one will ever convince me he was holding that rifle...he was behind a tree or something and touched that off remotely.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
not to mention his lack of proper maintenance of the rifle .
Specifically he should have followed the manufactures instructions and replace the breech plug long before it got to the point it did

[Linked Image]
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
If my hunch is right, that wouldn't have mattered...my personal belief/opinion is that the rifle was intentionally blown up.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Could be. I did see the gun after it happened. The guy that bragged on them to me until I got one came to my office and told me what a hazard they were then. Musta been kin to Toby. grin More like he was hoping I'd sell mine to him for a song. That kinda guy.

I've seen other stuff blow up and wonder how folks didn't get hurt from the looks of things too. Who knows. The hypocrasy of his discreditation of Savage after the incident was certainly distasteful to me.

Just wondered.
Thanks.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yep, 50 feet of string, and kaboooom IMHO that is

Location Western NC,
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Ya got my vote T7 : )

Live each day like it's your last. It just might be.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (10Glocks, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 222Sako, 21, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 2,429 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,411
Posts18,470,431
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.