-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I will bring a couple 10x10 canopies. Also will have an ice chest with water and whateverelse.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hitandmiss
I will bring a couple 10x10 canopies. Also will have an ice chest with water and whateverelse.

OK hitandmiss, this is great. A total of 10x20 with those canopies together will make the shooting line much more enjoyable - and the chest of ice/drinks is much welcomed. Thanks. When do you plan to arrive? (Hoping to set up the range on Friday afternoon for those evening shoots.)

TO THOSE NOT YET BRINGING ANYTHING: We now do have paper plates/bowls/cups/garbage bags from the "need" list. Still need plastic utensils and some paper towels.

In the food dept, we have most of the food for both evening dinners, including watermelon, but still need 12 t0 15 lbs, of potato salad, tortilla chips, and some more easy fruit (grapes/cherries/apples) or other dessert stuff.

We also could enjoy some fruit juice to go with breakfasts.

Finally (I think) - we need someone to volunteer to be the coffee purveyor for all four meals - and to bring the needed coffee.

Let's hear from more of youse.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My attendance is in question as of today with a likely job coming up. This always seems to happen. I should know for sure late next week. As of right now please consider my likelihood to be about 35%.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Got it, SP. Wishing you the best on the job possibility - but we sure would like for you to be amongst.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
CCCC, I will not be attending this year. Rio7

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CCCC
Got it, SP. Wishing you the best on the job possibility - but we sure would like for you to be amongst.

Thanks, CCCC. I usually love my job but travel can't always be planned/scheduled the way I'd like. There's a good chance I'll be in Roswell when I should be meeting all of the fine folks at Armijo Springs.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RIO7
CCCC, I will not be attending this year. Rio7

Rio7, this is a major disappointment. Mucho sorry !

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Blue,

Quemado won't be the same without you and Smoke being there...

I am sure I speak for the rest of the guys... I hope its just that you are too busy, instead of being any health issues or such..

Few of us are the spring chickens we use to be...

Hope this finds you doing well...

cheers and best regards
seafire.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Greetings Friends,

Unforeseen family circumstances have occurred that will be the cause of my absence again, at the upcoming Armijo Springs gathering. frown

There just isn’t enough of me to go around. I already miss you all and wish the best of times for you!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bob - poor news. We will troop on and enjoy ourselves, but without our most properly dressed soldier.

IC B3

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Greetings Friends,

Unforeseen family circumstances have occurred that will be the cause of my absence again, at the upcoming Armijo Springs gathering. frown

There just isn’t enough of me to go around. I already miss you all and wish the best of times for you!

Dang! We will miss you Bob.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Sorry to hear that some of the valued friends can’t be there this year.

Put us down for the coffee (6 lbs of Folger's classic roast) as long as nobody wants decaf. The label says that amount of grounds will provide 400 cups (12 oz) of coffee. Does somebody have a BIG coffee maker? If black isn't OK, bring some condiments to suit your taste. Remember to pack your own coffee mug.

We are blessed with a few hard-working chickens. We will bring about two dozen eggs fresh from the coop, and 3 dozen from the grocery store, which should cover the egg needs for one of the breakfasts. Any youngster who wants can have blue / green eggs. The new coop is nearly finished, but the new birds are still wearing training bras, too young for egg production. They will go into the coop before we leave for Armijo Springs. Making their coop predator-proof has been challenging. We have coyotes, hawks, racoons, skunks, mountain lions, stray dogs and other assorted critters that would love a fresh chicken dinner. Judicious predator control as authorized by NM G & F with high velocity (EPA-friendly) methods has somewhat diminished their numbers in the past several years.

Niki is making 40 gluten-free brownies, which usually only serves one, but I will back off until everyone else has had a chance.

We will bring 2 folding tables, 4 chairs, two friendly dogs on leashes, a two-burner Coleman stove and a full water tank with the trailer. Due to space limitations I will bring only a small load of BS; although quality counts more here than quantity, it appears that the good stuff is history and I will just bring whatever is still around.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Doc - thanks for your note and y the things you will be bringing - very helpful. I have noted those, but would appreciate your sending a PM to OWL to make sure he knows of the fresh eggs coming in for breakfast. Thanks.

We have zero trouble understanding your consumption of 40 brownies at a sitting - so, yes - please back away.

We also understand about the potency of your allegedly small load of BS - Darby had it assayed after Tonto. 99.44 % pure.

Lookin' forward to seein' ya - and especially Niki.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Gentlemen and Ladies,

I have been away from the Campfire most of the time in the last few months. I just found this thread and read it all the way through. As I read each entry, I could see all your faces, and hear your voices. Especially Bob (Kaywoodie), who has at least 5 or 6 distinctively different "voices". It makes me both happy and sad to read about the preparations. I know it will be another great gathering of fine folks.

Like Kaywoodie, many factors make it impossible for me to attend this year's Armijo Springs gathering. The time and distance for the trip from Northern California is one factor. My presence last year was possible because I was able to route my cross-country travels through New Mexico at the right time. I thoroughly enjoyed being with you all last summer. Seeing so many friends from my 3 Tonto Basin experiences was a real treat. And making new friends that don't make it to the Arizona gathering was well worth the effort to get there.

After some serious health issues in the early spring were successfully resolved, I recovered enough that that I felt capable of accepting part-time employment as a driver for a non-emergency medical transport company. I drive a large wheelchair van that provides transportation for seniors, mostly, to get them to Dr's appointments, cancer treatments, and kidney dialysis. I cover parts of 3 counties, and drive from 200 to 260 miles a day. The company is a first-class operation, the vans and equipment are first-rate and kept immaculate, and the family-run operation is one that I am proud to work with. The patients are almost all nice people, and very appreciative of our services.

Due to a shortage of qualified drivers, I have been working full-time, although my agreement with them is that I desire to work a set route for about 6 hours a day, 3 days a week. Once more drivers are onboard I intend to throttle back to part-time. I have promised my employers full-availability through the summer, but I told them on day one that I would be on vacation the last 2 weeks of February for my annual trip to Arizona for Tonto Basin, and to visit my family members in Phoenix and the elderly aunt in the dementia home in Tucson that I am responsible for.

Another factor is that my faithful RV that has become a bit of a landmark at Tonto Basin is loaned out to a family member as temporary housing, and not available to me for the time being. Many of you that can be there, can expect to see me and the RV at Tonto Basin next February, Lord willing.

I am sad to report that my dog, "Scout", passed away this spring at the age of 15, so she will not be making her usual appearance.
I had her since she was an 8-week-old pup, and she was a great traveling companion. She had logged over 50,000 miles in the RV, and had made all 4 Campfire gatherings with me. We still have 2 dogs at home now, but they are more my wife's dogs than mine. I freely admit to being a dog-lover.

My warmest regards to all of you. I look forward to reports of the activity and pictures. I am glad many kids will be there. I am truly sorry that I won't be. Everybody travel safe and have a wonderful time.

PS: Ask Judy what I said about Ken's shadow, on Facebook. Then if the sun is shining you can look at Ken and his shadow, and see if what I said isn't true! (Ha, Ha, Ken. I miss you guys. Stay healthy).

Milo

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Dang!

Sorry to hear that bit of news, but it sounds like a lot of folks are depending on you to be "on the job".

We will look forward all the more to the next opportunity to see you.

I will lift a brownie in your honor. And maybe a cold beverage too.

Be well.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Nifty-two-fifty,you're mean! laugh

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by nifty-two-fifty
Gentlemen and Ladies,

After some serious health issues in the early spring were successfully resolved, I recovered enough that that I felt capable of accepting part-time employment as a driver for a non-emergency medical transport company. I drive a large wheelchair van that provides transportation for seniors, mostly, to get them to Dr's appointments, cancer treatments, and kidney dialysis. I cover parts of 3 counties, and drive from 200 to 260 miles a day. The company is a first-class operation, the vans and equipment are first-rate and kept immaculate, and the family-run operation is one that I am proud to work with. The patients are almost all nice people, and very appreciative of our services.

Due to a shortage of qualified drivers, I have been working full-time, although my agreement with them is that I desire to work a set route for about 6 hours a day, 3 days a week. Once more drivers are onboard I intend to throttle back to part-time. I have promised my employers full-availability through the summer, but I told them on day one that I would be on vacation the last 2 weeks of February for my annual trip to Arizona for Tonto Basin, and to visit my family members in Phoenix and the elderly aunt in the dementia home in Tucson that I am responsible for.

You are a good man. A Very Good Man.

I am sad to report that my dog, "Scout", passed away this spring at the age of 15, so she will not be making her usual appearance.
I had her since she was an 8-week-old pup, and she was a great traveling companion. She had logged over 50,000 miles in the RV, and had made all 4 Campfire gatherings with me. We still have 2 dogs at home now, but they are more my wife's dogs than mine. I freely admit to being a dog-lover.

Milo

We still have photos of Scout from the Tonto Basin. My daughters loved her. Thank you for those wonderful moments.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks, Tracy.
It was a pleasure meeting you and your family at Tonto Basin. You are a great Dad. Have a wonderful trip to New Mexico.
Milo

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I plan to be there around noon on the second. With the canopies and a big ice chest full of drinks. I can also bring paper towels and plastic eating implements, if still needed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hitandmiss
I plan to be there around noon on the second. With the canopies and a big ice chest full of drinks. I can also bring paper towels and plastic eating implements, if still needed.

We will be looking for you on Thursday hitandmiss - some of us probably will be busily setting up at that time , but also might be just sitting under a tree.
- and bless you for the added offer.
We still do need paper towels and the plastic utensils as listed earlier. OK if we write you in for those? Thanks.

Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

98 members (338reddog, 14idaho, 01Foreman400, achlupsa, 35, 41rem, 4 invisible), 1,556 guests, and 840 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,323
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.