Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
That’s pretty cool except for the dinosaurs. I don’t recall Noah mentioning them in the Old Testament. wink

And if I’d have been Noah, we wouldn’t have any rattlesnakes today grin

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Men.... explaining miracles!?!?!?!?!?

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

I say let them build it (minus the tax payer money). Sometimes the best thing you can do to defeat an argument is let the other side speak, or in this case, build their ark.

Yeah. Only Disney should get tax incentives.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by deflave

I say let them build it (minus the tax payer money). Sometimes the best thing you can do to defeat an argument is let the other side speak, or in this case, build their ark.

Exactly.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Of course the news man doesn't take time to explain those tax incentives are given for the purposes of stimulating the economy.

And let's not mention that if you view it as a church, every fugking church gets enormous tax breaks. This one just happens to be in the shape of an old ass boat.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by 700LH
Have attendance met expectations?

It has exceeded them. First year 325,000 were expected, a little over 1 million attended. They're on there way to 1.5 to 2 million coming up.

Hotels and restaurants are apparently booming. Can't be having all that and tax incentives. Not when there needs to be more rainbow crosswalks painted in Lexington and millions of dollars spent tearing done Confederate memorials.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The Bible says it was 450' long and 75' wide. It says nothing about the shape, though. I seriously doubt that it had pointed ends. It just needed to be a big box that would float around with God's guidance. No propulsion or guidance needed. Nobody knows, of course, but my guess would be that it looked more like this.

[Linked Image]

I'd want a bit of a bow, it would allow it to hold a 'course', not swing around willy nilly.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I’ll try.

For entertainment’s sake assume the Biblical record is true..as far as it goes; that is, it gives us a broad outline within which we can do some speculating and filling in the story. Although much less speculating is needed now than before because of various discoveries.

The earth (I’ll stay local) is 6-10k years old judging from the creation account and moving forward by the Biblical genealogies as given in Genesis and Luke to name two accounts. The account in Luke is claimed by some to have some gaps which extend the age from six thousand to possibly ten thousand. But who’s quibbling?

It is questioned that the world-wide Flood (the pouring from above and the fountains breaking forth from below) was such a catastrophic event that the world we see post-flood is completely different than the antediluvian environment. Pre-flood, the world might have been one giant land mass— a super continent of a semi-tropical, or moderate climate, shrouded in a radiation-deflecting atmosphere (perhaps one reason the antediluvians were so long-lived (Noah didn’t start building the ark until he was three hundred years old and lived into the 600’s). Radiation decay rates of radiometric materials rate might have greatly varied and increased during this time giving us these false numbers today based on uniformitarianism — the concept underlying modern geology and which holds all things have continued on from old at the same slow rate. Another words, today’s decay rate is the same as five thousand years ago, the same as ten million years ago. That has not been and cannot be proven.

So there were no poles; no penguins for example. There were general “kinds” (Biblical term) then of much greater genetic information and much fewer in number than species now. The kinds, for example were the “bear kind”, the “dog kind” etc, which when the continents separated, and the ensuing ice age came resulted in specific species by environmental selective breeding (or survival). We can do that now selectively, artificially, in large animals, creating a different (not species) breed in several hundred years time.

So Noah didn’t have to load as many animals up as some here say. And since this was all supernaturally done anyway, God moved these creatures to the ark. Noah watched.

The ark was speculated to be barge-like as it didn’t have to sail but just float and a rectangular shape affords a much more efficacious use of space than a vessel with a tapered bow or stern.

I would suggest reading of Genesis and Henry Morris’ THE GENESIS FLOOD. Of course this is the young earth view. Not all Christians are young-earthers.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It didn't need to hold a course. There was nowhere to go and no propulsion was needed to go nowhere. It only needed to stay afloat for a year. The simplest design that did that would have been the best.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I drive by it quite often - or at least the exit for it. IIRC its pretty close to the Kentucky Speedway and there are some supporting business that have popped up around it - Zipline, a couple of restaurants, etc

I don't have any desire to see it but I think the larger plan has been for this to be an anchor to develop other family oriented attractions.

Also, Cincinnati is home to the creation museum so the two kind of go hand in hand in their target demographic.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
I think those folks are all fools, one side for actually believing the Ark myth and the other for wasting time protesting. As for the state helping finance it, it looks like they'll get a good return on their investment.

As for trying to refute the Ark story with science, I have learned that there is no point in trying to do so, or trying to refute science with religion.

Those who believe the Ark story was meant to be taken as a literal event in history that encompassed the entire planet are those who have zero interest in, or (alternatively) ability to learn, the fundamentals of the life sciences.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Isn't this a 2 year old event, or is there another Ark now?

I believe they just finished it, at least to the point they can show it.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by dan_oz
So there'd be room for 2 of every species of land animal there's ever been?

Lets see now, there's about 5400 species of mammal extant, so there's 11,000 animals right off the bat. But there's been many more which are now extinct. Many also only found in places remote from Noah, some separated from him by oceans at the time.

And then there's the better part of 20,000 reptiles, plus all of those now extinct. Quite a few flightless birds, including a whole raft of them up to quite massive sizes away on the other side of the world in New Zealand. And then there's dinosaurs and insects and all the rest.

It sure must have been crowded!

They claim that they didn't have to have every species. They claim that, for example, one species of cat could have been preserved on the ark, and then once off the ark, could have then divided into the many species of both big and small cat we know today. Same with canids, etc.. Preposterous, of course, since ancient civilizations recorded many of those species existing as they do today right around the period of time that the world-wide flood was supposed to have happened and thereafter. Assuming, even, that the flood happened just before those records, that's pretty rapid division and change in a species, from tiny cats, to the pumas, tigers, leopards, lions, etc.., not to mention the many we only know from the fossil record.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
There are scientific proofs of massive flooding all over the world. Entire mammoths have been unearthed with food still undigested in their stomachs. Look at the Grand Canyon, it was a flood, not over millions of years. Look at where the coal and oil deposits are. Flooding placed them there. It says in the Bible, that there were no seasons before the flood. The seasons started afterward. Probably a giant asteroid hit the earth hard enough to cause it to wobble on its axis causing the seasons, and massive flooding and climate change, like tsunamis, and rain. It also says the animals were herbivores, not carnivores, before the flood. Panda bears eat bamboo, even though they are capable of digesting meat. Massive deposits of fossil animals have been found world wide indicating massive flooding. Every civilization from India, China, Middle East, Egypt, all tell of massive flooding stories.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave

You’re starting to sound like a Floridian.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Really!? How can you be so sure of what you don’t know?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The earth could be relatively young. There might have been a supercontinent (one land mass) broken up by a world-wide flood followed by an ice age that that resulted in dinosaurs and other mammals becoming extinct. This flood might have resulted in many extinct animals being found as if they had been buried fast and violently. Exihibit A: wooly mammoths intact with food still in there mouths and still intact DNA.

About those frozen mammoths...They've found some so intact that the meat was still edible. They've eaten it, in very small morsels, of course. They've also found blooming,undigested flowering plants in their stomachs. You guys are all hunters. You all know about freezer burn. It's preventable by completely eliminating air from the meat. An excellent method is to immerse it in water and freeze it. It will last many years that way if kept frozen. The mammoth meat was immersed in water which froze, preserving them nicely. However, that leaves the problem of the flowers they were eating. The climate was warm enough for flowers to bloom so how did they get encased in ice? Plus, they had to have been immersed and frozen before the meat spoiled. From warm to sub-zero in maybe 2 or 3 days?

Something catastrophic had to have happened all across the northern high latitudes to dramatically drop the temperatures and cover the animals with water at the same time, all in a few days time before the meat spoiled. The Bible describes the pre-flood earth as having been surrounded by a moisture cover. It says that up to the time of the flood, it had never rained. A sudden breakdown of that layer of moisture, dumping all that water to the ground, would cause rapid evaporation which would cool it fast, possibly enough to change a warm greenhouse climate to the arctic climate we have today.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Bible says it was 450' long and 75' wide. It says nothing about the shape, though. I seriously doubt that it had pointed ends. It just needed to be a big box that would float around with God's guidance. No propulsion or guidance needed. Nobody knows, of course, but my guess would be that it looked more like this.

[Linked Image]

I don't think the Old Testament says anything about feet.

everybody knows Jesus was metric!

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Sycamore

[Linked Image]

I don't think the Old Testament says anything about feet.

everybody knows Jesus was metric!

It's not important what people "know" of Jesus, it is important if Jesus knows them.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

460 members (160user, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 163bc, 39 invisible), 2,116 guests, and 1,100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,762
Posts18,476,571
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.