Print Thread
Hop To
L
logger Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
It looks like they (or their insurance company) will be on the hook for the $2+ million cost to fight the fire.

http://mailtribune.com/news/top-stories/rogue-climate-group-linked-to-lobster-creek-fire

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
We didn’t mean to set no fire!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I'm not surprised, letting trash like this in.

Rogue Climate focuses on education and activism to curb climate change, and has been involved in many efforts in Southern Oregon, including opposition to the proposed Pacific Connector liquified natural gas pipeline and Jordan Cove processing terminal in Coos Bay. It has supported solar installations and other forms of clean energy. Its office is situated just north of Phoenix, but it has a Medford address.

An art group — Signal Fire — was also slated to participate in the Lobster Creek event to teach participants how to make impactful art for protests.

Participants in the camp had planned to travel to Coos Bay to protest the LNG pipeline and terminal, but called off the protest after the fire broke out.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Their fire probably put thousands of times more CO2 in the air than the gas pipeline they're protesting.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Reminds me of the terrorist teaching a suicide bomber class;

"Watch closely, I'm only going to show you this once!"

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My guess - some of the kids were bored and went down to the meadow away from camp to get high.

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Their fire probably put thousands of times more CO2 in the air than the gas pipeline they're protesting.

Oh My! Just think of the environmental impact!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Burning a Trump effigy most likely.

That said some dumb ass bow hunter set one of the largest wildfires ever in Kommiefornia a few years back with an unattended campfire.

So yeah Dumbasses come in all stripes.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
And this was a SUMMER CAMP, where people send their kids?

It ain’t so much the fire, that can happen, it’s the nature of the camp crazy

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What hell has the world come to? Used to be you went to band camp, church camp, sports camp, scout/girl guide camp etc.. I went to church camp. Sang a few choruses and gyms, listened to a missionary, took archery, shooting, leather craft, swimming, canoeing etc.. What kid wouldn't love that?

Now there are idiots shot think it is a great idea to send junior to a social justice warrior camp? And junior wants to go? Learn how to make artistic protest signs, how to burn cars, the masks to wear to conceal identity, how to join Antifa in any city, how to chant, burn torches, harass people, how to chain yourself to gates, bridges, doors, how to occupy to disrupt, how to apply for grants, and many more useless skills. Very reminiscent of the Hitler youth?

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
And this was a SUMMER CAMP, where people send their kids?

It ain’t so much the fire, that can happen, it’s the nature of the camp crazy

This one time at "banned" camp...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AB2506
...And junior wants to go?....

It's quite possible that Junior jumps at any chance to get away from Mom and Mom for a while.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Went the Hammond's charged with felony terrorism for about the same thing?

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Weren't the Hammond's charged with felony terrorism for about the same thing?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Moose, that's the crux of the matter right there. Good for you.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just for fun, I did some Google on the leader and found this "Go Fund Me" page:

Update 3
Posted by Melissa Matthewson
3 months ago

Hello supporters!

As some of you know and some of you don't, I got extremely ill with the flu for two weeks just recently and lost out on a few weeks of my triathlon training as well as lost much of my muscle strength and endurance. Because of this, I've decided to race in the September Lake of the Woods triathlon and extend the fundraising campaign through the summer.

In addition, Barking Moon Farm will be matching all donations to the campaign--so doubling your investment into climate action and justice. Thank you so much for your support!

If you'd like to receive a #NOLNG baseball cap in the mail, please send me your mailing address and we'll get you one in the mail right away.

In addition, Rogue Climate is holding a youth climate activist camp this summer if you know of any teenagers who would like to get involved: http://www.rogueclimate.org/camp.

Thank you again for your support of my race and for your investment in climate action! To September we go!
Help spread the word!

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Just for fun, I did some Google on the leader and found this "Go Fund Me" page:

Update 3
Posted by Melissa Matthewson
3 months ago

Hello supporters!

As some of you know and some of you don't, I got extremely ill with the flu for two weeks just recently and lost out on a few weeks of my triathlon training as well as lost much of my muscle strength and endurance. Because of this, I've decided to race in the September Lake of the Woods triathlon and extend the fundraising campaign through the summer.

In addition, Barking Moon Farm will be matching all donations to the campaign--so doubling your investment into climate action and justice. Thank you so much for your support!

If you'd like to receive a #NOLNG baseball cap in the mail, please send me your mailing address and we'll get you one in the mail right away.

In addition, Rogue Climate is holding a youth climate activist camp this summer if you know of any teenagers who would like to get involved: http://www.rogueclimate.org/camp.

Thank you again for your support of my race and for your investment in climate action! To September we go!
Help spread the word!

Gag me with a spoon! sick

Wonder if I rolled up in my one ton diesel flatbed 4x4 and got out of it wearing boots and spurs, and asked to join in their camp,... how well I would be received?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I'm not surprised, letting trash like this in.

Rogue Climate focuses on education and activism to curb climate change, and has been involved in many efforts in Southern Oregon, including opposition to the proposed Pacific Connector liquified natural gas pipeline and Jordan Cove processing terminal in Coos Bay. It has supported solar installations and other forms of clean energy. Its office is situated just north of Phoenix, but it has a Medford address.

An art group — Signal Fire — was also slated to participate in the Lobster Creek event to teach participants how to make impactful art for protests.

Participants in the camp had planned to travel to Coos Bay to protest the LNG pipeline and terminal, but called off the protest after the fire broke out.

Sounds like they are colluding with the Russians.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

178 members (12344mag, 257 roberts, 21, 2500HD, 300_savage, 44mc, 15 invisible), 1,886 guests, and 938 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,085
Posts18,501,693
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.