Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
And the Northern dipschit ruins another thread.

Shouldn't you be out poaching or something?

I am MAGA.
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Holy cow thats nice!

I should have figured out this "ignore" deal a long time ago!

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
And the Northern guy saves yet another thread after we fuq'd it up. Seems he is pretty experienced at cooking wild game.

Shouldn't you be out poaching or something?

The link you posted to somebody else's work was cute but it was beef you dope. The Op asked about venison. Hahahahahaha. Clearly you dont know what you are talking about based on your posts.

I like poached eggs. wink

Last edited by sharp_things; 07/17/18.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Ignoring this user.......

Very pleasant.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
He embarrasses us on a daily basis, To avoid this shame I will ignore him.

I think that will save you embarrassment. You snowflakes need your safe spaces. wink

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I haven't been active here for very long and have never blocked anyone on any forum before...but within a few posts I put that user on ignore. Only thing I see is the "You are ignoring this user" message when it posts and things are a lot more pleasant.

Last edited by Remsen; 07/17/18.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I never have either.

Its glorious!

I am MAGA.
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I always do a light sear on the stove top in my dutch oven then place in the oven on low heat with a good amount of water. The meat has been seasoned & several slices of onion tossed on top. About 2 hrs before finishing up I had the carrots & taters, carrots always take longer. Garlic is always used as is Johnny's seasoning.
Always comes out tender, juicy & ready to make a nice gravy. Forgot, I also add some beef broth or a couple packages of gravy mix. Sticking a fork in the meat & twisting can tell you when its ready.
I've also buried the dutch oven in the ground after burning out the hole for a few hours earlier. Dig it up after coming back from a hunt & you'll eat a fine supper, trust me. Cover the oven with some foil between the oven & lid or use an old piece of roofing tin to keep the dirt out of your food & add a piece of bailing wire to the handle so you can dig it out easier.

Dick

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mike’s Pot Roast and Gravy

3 ½ - 4 lb. Chuck Roast
Swanson’s Beef Broth
½ - ¾ cup Red Wine
Garlic Infused Olive Oil
Sliced Sweet Yellow Onion
Carrots – halved or quartered
Parsnips – halved or quartered
Kitchen Bouquet
Lawrey’s , Garlic Powder, Sandhill Ben’s, Salt, Pepper…..use your imagination

Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees. Place heavy skillet or heavy cast/enamel cast roaster on stove top over medium high heat. Season roast well with spices on all sides. Add olive oil to pan and when the oil begins to heat add roast. Sear until nicely browned on all sides. Remove roast and deglaze pan with wine, scraping all the good bits off the bottom of the pan. Add roast back to pan and add beef broth to about half the thickness of the roast. Slice onion and place three or four slices on top of roast. Cover and place in oven for 2 hours. Now it’s time for gravy prep (see gravy recipe below).

After two hours gently remove the onion slices to a plate and turn the roast over. Replace the onion slices and cook for one more hour. Remove from oven and add carrots and/or parsnips (which are way better IMO). Roast for one more hour and remove from oven. Place roast and vegetables on platter and cover with foil to rest and hold.

Gravy

Start earlier in the day by combining ¼ - 2/3 cup of flour with one cup of water and get it as cold as possible. A Tupperware gravy mixing thingy is a plus so that there are no lumps of flour. After the roast comes out move the pan to a burner over medium high heat and bring the liquid to a boil while whisking in the cold flour/water mixture. Keep whisking the entire time to prevent clumping. Add a dash of Kitchen Bouquet, Lawrey’s, salt, pepper or whatever makes it taste right. There is no way I have found to give measurements for this step. Watch the salt though. It can overtake the gravy quickly.

Serve this dish with Mashed Potatoes and all will be right with the world!

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
You guys are good.....thanks.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
You are welcome.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by sharp_things
He embarrasses us on a daily basis, To avoid this shame I will ignore him.

I think that will save you embarrassment. You snowflakes need your safe spaces. wink

All while you ignore me.....poaching hypocrite. Lol

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I never have either.

Its glorious!

I've only ignored one person and it was some douche canoe that wouldn't STFU about me having the audacity to buy a new slug gun for hunting the shotgun zone when I live in and hunt in the shotgun zone. lol

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
You bastid!!!!

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah, I remember that Rooster !!

He was an absolute wanker !

My sum total is 2, RenegadeDegenerate50 & PaHickDick !

The only other one who's ever come close, is that arrogant phugger Kluless, da Poacher, but I keep him around for entertainment value alone !

Bit like Boxhead/limpdick, they are so full of themselves, I actually pity them.

Sometimes !

wink

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

122 members (300_savage, 41rem, 808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 15 invisible), 1,838 guests, and 978 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,711
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.