Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Ringman Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Lately I been considering thins people dream about. Maybe a house, a job, a cabin on the lake or in the mountains, a rifle, or a pistol or a shot gun, a boat, a truck, a car or something else. I've been thinking about a car so decided to jot down some things about it. Here they are:

I used to think a '57 Chevy would be nice, then I saw a '56 Chevy at a car show. I preferred the '56 Chevy to the '57. Later I saw and preferred the '56 Ford to everything else there.

The first thing that comes to mind is a heater that floods the driver’s feet with heat when desired. My feet are cold a lot. And a quiet system of air condition in the summer. I guess I’m getting ahead of myself.

Let’s start with the outside: The car should look like a 1956 Ford Vitoria or Crown Vitoria two door. I don’t know yet, and time is not critical. It should have some running lights that are on when the engine is on; could be the headlights. Color could be the color of coffee in a glass cup or burgundy. It should ride like riding on a cloud and handle like a Corvette through advanced all wheel drive.

Engine should produce enough power to do about thirteen flat in the quarter. Gas mileage should be at least thirty at legal freeway speed. Brakes and tires should be large enough to stop like a sports car with minimum of effort. Fuel tank should be about twenty-five gallons.

At freeway speed it should be as quiet as sitting in a quiet living room and just as comfortable.

The interior should be as plush as possible with eight hour seats. Dash could be as modern as digital allows. Cruise control should down shift when the car goes down hill and picks up three miles per hour. Navigation system should be programmable by a dummy and allow for “telescoping” or “wide angle” view. Sound system should be like the orchestra is in the car. The heating and cooling system should be individually adjusted for face and feet and either side; independently. Ignition switch could be a button that recognizes my fingerprint and starts engine by pushing on it. Turning off engine requires no more than a touch of the same button. All the windows should be automatic for the driver. They should be controllable by each passenger, also. The driver’s seat should be programmable so that the fingerprint of the driver would signal the controls to predetermined positions. Also, it should be adjustable for others.

What's your dream?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A diesel Toyota truck.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I hope you get it. You're closer than I am.

Everyday Hunter
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Just get a hold of Northern Dave - and bring LOTS of money! smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Just get a hold of Northern Dave - and bring LOTS of money! smile

I figured on lots of money. That's why I thought there's no hurry since I'm locked in to about three grand a month.

Everyday Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
My own airplane. Getting married and having kids, a wife who does not share my dream, it's never going to happen. I want a do over. I would keep the kids.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A piece of land to call my own in northern Minnesota. A place where I can walk out the door and hunt my own property, and far enough away from the neighbors that I don't have to worry if I want to do some target shooting. Lake frontage would be awesome.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gophergunner
A piece of land to call my own in northern Minnesota. A place where I can walk out the door and hunt my own property, and far enough away from the neighbors that I don't have to worry if I want to do some target shooting. Lake frontage would be awesome.

Now that sounds great.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

A dedicated political forum......

grin

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (007FJ, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 61 invisible), 2,315 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,069
Posts18,482,577
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.