Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Originally Posted by PennDog
In the FWIW column......I contacted Whittaker's late last week and asked if they knew anything about when these rifles may be coming in and the individual I spoke with said "as soon as we know you will know". So we wait laugh

PennDog

And that was a piss poor answer from someone here. The rifles were delayed in customs and Tikka is being very vague about delivery. I'll get you a real answer Monday.

]

I read on another forum (rimfirecentral.com)

Originally Posted by Sir Ville
With ,a heavy heart, i need to announce the following : European dealers will get their T1:s in August.
Tikka discovered a problem with those very early ones they let out so the release is postponed once again
Sad but so it goes... Better they sort out the Bugs before the release. A thin comfort for those who eagerly await their new Gun BUT better the thing/problem was detected before it hits the final market. QC is a good thing
This , together with the Global demand, slows things down - once again.

What it is, exactly , i don’t know. My Cousin, who has one , was asked to send in his - for a check.

This was posted from a member in Finland.

This may separate the men from the cry babies. Easy for me to say, Tikka has no 22mag plans. I can just watch.

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Hey SAS,
I’m good with whenever they show up. They get here when they get here.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Hope these rifles turn out to be shooters. Wife is right handed and wants a 17 for shooting small vermin off the back porch at distances up to 100 yards

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
B
B
I got an email this morning that my Whittaker's layaway cancellation was an automatic system reply after 120 days. I called Whittakers and all is back on track for my .22 T1x ( paid in full on the phone today). I was told and update should be coming soon but that Europe T1x's had some issues.

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Quick update --

We've emailed and called. Everybody we've talked to is pushing it to someone else. I hope we get some firm answers tomorrow. I'll give you another update as soon as they respond to the last email.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
IC B2

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thank you SAS. Really getting anxious. Like an 8 year old at Christmas.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Any more updates? I've got a fat whistle pig lurking around back just about every day. I could easily dispatch him with my 10/22 as I've done so many times before but was hoping to take down vermin this summer with the Tikka.

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Quick update --

We've emailed and called. Everybody we've talked to is pushing it to someone else. I hope we get some firm answers tomorrow. I'll give you another update as soon as they respond to the last email.

Almost another month has passed us by. Any word from Berreta, Sako, Tikka ?

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The website for Hyatt gun store shows an expected delivery date of 10/26 on orders. I'm hoping they just picked that date out of the air

D
D
Email from whittaker

Guys,

Well…. We have some news, but it’s not good unfortunately. Below is exactly what I received via email about 30 mins ago. As always, we are not trying to sugar coat anything, deceive, or withhold any information. Again, if we would have had any idea this was even a slight possibility we would have never started taking pre-orders. Historically speaking Tikka has shipped new products in a timely manner.

Here is the email I received. If you have any questions, please let us know!

Got some news, although it’s not very good.

Finland plans to get a whopping 300 unit out before they go on summer holiday/shutdown. That sounds great, until you find out the 300 units is for worldwide distribution and for some untold reason, they are going to be in 17HMR.

We are trying to get clarity on how many will come to us.

Sorry man, not sure what else to tell you other than once we get some .22’s, you will be the first to know.

Thanks
Eric

--

Whittaker Guns

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's almost like Tikka's taking a page out of Kel-Tec's book, although I assume the Tikka will be a bit higher quality...

D
D
If it wasn’t for the fact that I can’t find a buyer for the NIB Nikon EFR 3-9x40 AO scope I bought back in the first week of January when I ordered this rifle with some Christmas money from my in-laws, I would already have canceled this order and bought the Remington V3 when the Dove Days rebates come out in a week or two.

I was going to save that money till this August for that purpose and looks like I got too trigger happy with it!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have the same scope sitting in a box waiting to go on mine as well.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have a 17 HMR on order. Crossing my fingers.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I understand that this is not Whittaker's/Eric's fault... but what a cluster this has been.

It'll be a flippin year before we see the .22 LR's frown

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
I’m so pissed about this I don’t even know what to say. I’m losing lots of confidence in the management at Beretta/Tikka.

Things better change fast! They’ve screwed up everything they’ve touched recently.

My apologies to all. This is totally out of my control and all I can do is hope they make it right once they finally ship.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Meh......they’ll get here when they get here. I have plenty of other toys that go bang. Besides, I’ve forgotten about this enough times already I’ll be excited all over again when they finally ship!

Thanks for the heads up Darrick!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I highly doubt that anyone who ordered one, its their first and only rimfire. And if it is, go get a 10/22 or something that strikes your fancy and just wait. It’s not really that big of a deal, other than the Gimmies! I can wait, it’s just another toy anyway. I lost more money on a startup company that promised state of the art bluetooth wireless ear buds.

I appreciate the continued reaching out and updates as you get them.

Enough already, just shoot it!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Maybe you could convince them to throw in some free rings, a spare mag, or a case for making everyone wait so long

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Any word if they plan on offering a walnut stock for the T1X? Will the T3 stocks fit?

If they do walnut, I'd change my order get it!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

308 members (16penny, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 41 invisible), 2,465 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,035
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.