Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
Been reading all the internet chatter on P365 problems while mine has yet to have a problem. In my line of work, I prefer data to anecdotes, so I decided to call Sig CS today and spoke to one of the techs.

Bottom line is that the reported rate of P365s returned to the factory - for any reason - is 0.25%. That’s 1/4 of 1%, for the first 60,000 pistols shipped. That amounts to 150 out of 60K pistols.

Based on these stats, I’ll keep carrying mine. YMMV

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
My favorite gun store has had one 365 go back. that P365 was an early production model. My p365 is close to 850 rounds and it has yet to disappoint me.

And yes, my P365 leaves a firing pin swipe on the primer. I have seen other pistol brands that leave primer swipes. Most commonly from my limited experience has been on 40 SW case primers.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
So SIG told you. Well right there is your answer. First I would have to believe they have sold 60,000 pistols, second I would have to rationalize why mine had to go back while my older G43 has had no problems. You either work for SIG or you are not a logical individual or worse.

W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
I’ll overlook the fact, for the moment, that you offer opinion without facts. Relying on anecdotal citations is tantamount to proving that your world is confined by the ignorance of illogical reasoning. As a result, arguing reasonably with you is fruitless.

Please offer the data you possess that informs your assertions to contradict Sig’s statement that they have shipped - in case you don’t read or understand English, that’s a distinct word that does not mean “sold,” - 60,000 P365s. You either misconstrued or misrepresented my statement intentionally.

BTW, anyone who states that they were struck by lighting - so for that individual the probability of having been struck by lighting is 100% - does not refute the fact that the chances of any one individual being struck by lighting is still 1 in 14 million. The type of assertion you make falls in the same category of erroneous interpretation of statistical data as does your anecdotal example based on a sample of ONE observation. So what? There were another 149 events that reportedly fall into your category.

As to using Sig disclosed data, do you have other sources which can produce different data? If so, I would be very interested in reviewing it.

I don’t give a **** what you think about who I am. I am not connected to nor employed by Sig. and have probably published more peer reviewed scientific papers than you have probably read. I stipulate that I may be overreaching in assuming you can read.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by jimmyp
So SIG told you. Well right there is your answer. First I would have to believe they have sold 60,000 pistols, second I would have to rationalize why mine had to go back while my older G43 has had no problems. You either work for SIG or you are not a logical individual or worse.

I'm not so sure I would doubt that information about the number of Sig P-365's they have shipped.....given how long it's taken for mine to reach the LGS after ordering it. As I understand, they have many more names on the list behind me waiting to be filled.

Last edited by frogman43; 07/18/18.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have no stats.
But, or the few you do a lot of you tube videos,
and the ones that have shot 1know rounds more or less,
the failure rate has been awful high. Not anecdotal, but not scientific either.

If you think yours is the beans. Happy for you, and hope you stay happy.
Still skeptical here.

And as a skeptic, Sig's company line is as reliable to me as the anecdotes are to you.

Ain't nobody gonna say "yep, our new baby, the current hot tamale we hope to make big $$$ from,
Is a POS."

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
A company gives out its customer service return rates to some Joe who calls them on the phone??? In any company with which I have had inside interaction, that information is a very closely guarded secret. Especially since it can be used in litigation against the company by enterprising lawyers.

And further, from what I have read, most problems with the firing pin system of the 365 don't show up until 1000+ rounds due to repetitive stresses.

W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
I have no stats.
But, or the few you do a lot of you tube videos,
and the ones that have shot 1know rounds more or less,
the failure rate has been awful high. Not anecdotal, but not scientific either.

Your first statement makes my point about the validity of your argument, so I highlighted it in bold to make sure we don’t miss it. Even though you’ve made my point, I’d still ask, how high is “awful high?”

Citations without data still constitute anecdotes, more commonly known as stories. You’re entitled to your opinion but not to invent ‘facts’. How many P365 failures have been documented on YouTube? Is it more than the 150 Sig claims they’ve had returned?

Inquiring minds want to know ... the source data.

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
This a copy of a post to two different Sig forums by Sig's product manager. I hope he is right in what's he is saying

Hello all,
P365 production is still increasing as we continue to build capacity to meet incredible demand. We have shipped tens of thousands of P365s with overwhelmingly positive responses not only from our commercial customers, but from law enforcement and professional end users around the world. In my 25 years of law enforcement and industry experience, I have rarely seen this level of excitement and positive reception around any single firearm. Although there have been a limited number of striker and trigger return spring issues with this new platform, our return rates for these two parts are still extremely low…approximately 0.25% combined, which we believe is below industry standards for any type of return.
The P365 has received an unprecedented amount of praise and activity both in social and traditional media. However, in the age of the internet, readers are sometimes exposed to grossly inflated or even non-existent issues. To address some of these concerns, we have compiled the most prevalent questions we’re seeing online and in our customer service department.
Q: Can I safely dry-fire my P365?
A: Yes. We’ve dry-fired thousands of repetitions on our test guns and production models with no failures. It should always be recommended to use a snap-cap or similar device during dry-fire practice for any firearm, but it is not required.
Q: Why does Sig Sauer use a MIM striker?
A: Metal Injection Molding (MIM) is used for complicated metal parts that would be impossible or overly complicated to effectively machine. MIM technology is used throughout the firearm industry to manufacture small parts, including strikers, hammers, sears, triggers, and most integral gun parts. Moreover, our strikers are made from S7 tooled steel to ensure maximum strength and endurance.
Q: What is “primer drag” and does it cause striker breakages?
A: No. “Primer drag” is found on fired cases and is simply a drag mark slightly below the indent in the primer. It is caused by the pistol barrel unlocking while the striker is returning back to its recessed position. This is not uncommon, and happens in most striker-fired micro compact pistols due to the increased slide speed. The protrusion of the striker tip during ignition is minimal and has no effect on the striker’s durability.
Q: What are the chances of my striker breaking or trigger return spring coming off?
A: Extremely small. Currently, returns for strikers and trigger return springs account for 0.25% of all P365s shipped, combined. Although these numbers are extremely low, Sig Sauer will continue to evaluate all of our firearms to ensure that they meet the most stringent standards we have set for ourselves and that you have come to expect.
Q: If I install an aftermarket striker in my P365, will it void the warranty?
A: Technically, installation of aftermarket parts voids the warranty. However, Sig Sauer would most likely cover unrelated returns including, but not limited to, defective sights, out of the ordinary cosmetic wear, magazine issues, etc. Examples of repairs that would not be warrantied would be those that could be traced to an affected part including, but not limited to, light primer strikes, pierced primers, primer flow, trigger reset problems, etc.
Internet banter would have our customers believe that striker and trigger return spring issues are widespread. In reality, these returns are no greater than any other potential customer service return. Our return rates continue to remain below industry standards as a whole, and we will continue to stand behind our product line.
If you have questions about the P365 or any Sig Sauer product, please contact our customer service department at (603)610-3000.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by Wildcatter264

Inquiring minds want to know ... the source data.

I think if you're honest with yourself you'd recognize the "source data" you posted is flawed, so your argument doesn't hold a lot of water.

Sure, I believe 0.25% is the failure rate Sig is publicly claiming. But to believe that's an accurate representation of the true failure rate? Nope. We all know that of those 60,000 pistols they claim have shipped, a much smaller number have been fired to any significant degree yet. There's all kinds of ways for Sig to twist the statistics on this to look better for them, and that's the job of those Sig reps who are providing these numbers. I think it's naive or wishful thinking at best to take them at face value.

On top of that, Sig isn't going to admit to a serious issue with these guns, so we can be pretty certain that number is not accurate. They didn't really own up to any issues with the 320 either until there was a huge social media backlash and lawsuits, and even then tried to claim the issue was less significant.

A healthy dose of skepticism is appropriate here. I get wanting to like the gun, I want to like it too, but that doesn't override reality for a gun to stake your life on.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I don't know who you and really don't care who you are but your the kind of person that would buy a parachute based on the company marketing rather than user experience. Never was much internet chatter when glock introduced the G43 about it having problems and yet right out of the chute the P365 stopped production, then released, then broken firing pins of whom I know one, broken trigger springs, and my magazine release rusted in a cooks holster in 3 months. I have one and I will keep it but SIG has a way of behaving that is best for them but not for the customer. Mine has been fired 600 times, has a Lightning Strike Striker in it and is on its way back from SIG after they replaced the magazine release. I did not say I did not like the pistol, what I said is that SIG introduces products without completely testing them and has the public beta test them.

SIG internal employee communications are in full CYA mode regards this pistol. The people at the top want to hear good news and good news they shall get. As and example, I worked for a company that manipulated its shipping statistics such that on time shipping bonuses were paid every month to employee's and yet they lost a significant share of the market due to late shipments. Dude you need to read the children's book called, "The Emperor's New Clothes".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Every P365 I have owned has been 100% reliable over a couple of thousand rounds with zero failures of any sort. Oh ya, someone will ask. The number is two P365s.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

211 members (1eyedmule, 2500HD, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 2UP, 20 invisible), 1,654 guests, and 988 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,800
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.