-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If it was a legal shoot, it was borderline. That said, I would not fire if the guy was backing away like that. Shooter may not get prosecuted, but he'll have a hard time living with killing a man becuase he got shoved.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by BeanMan
Shooting or getting shot over a parking spot is not very bright.Walk away.

While being attacked and knocked to the ground? Pfft I think not. pussification of the US continues

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rost495

While being attacked and knocked to the ground? Pfft I think not. pussification of the US continues

Yeah, J.B. Books would have shot him, too. That's not the legal standard, though.

PS Had he shot him WHILE being shoved down, it would have been much closer to justified. He shot him AFTERWARDS, though. That's much closer to retribution, which isn't allowed in the law, even if we're all sympathetic to the sentiment behind it.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I guess we'll see if the Attorney General for the state overrides the local decision to let it slide...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
If it was a legal shoot, it was borderline. That said, I would not fire if the guy was backing away like that. Shooter may not get prosecuted, but he'll have a hard time living with killing a man becuase he got shoved.

He will probably get over by the time the sun comes up the next day.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by GunReader
Going a little off topic... She was not parked, she was "standing". As in No Stopping, Standing or Parking. Stopping is, for instance, to let someone get out of the car and then move on. Standing is remaining stopped with driver remaining at the wheel. Parking is turning the car off and leaving it.

Now if she was stopped in that space with no right to park in that space and someone came along who was entitled to use that space and she refused to move, that is probably parking.

Was the shooter politely asking her to move or was he hassling her? If he started the hassle, does he lose his recourse to self defense? It seems like the shooter instigated the confrontation between himself and the group of people related to the parked car.

Was it justified? I don't know. Seems like thin ice to me.

I don't think the parking situation is going to be what's analyzed here.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ro1459
The way it has been explained to me by a member of SWAT of Memphis, is that anyone over the age of 60 that gets assaulted by someone younger and in excellent health, and feels that their life is in danger, may use deadly force to prevent additional injury. I asked the question because one of our customers had said they were going to come around the counter in our restaurant and kill me. I told him I had a gun on me and would shoot him if he crossed a line in the floor or reached for a weapon. He started to come and I pulled the gun and ordered him to stop. He did just before I had to shoot him. I had already pushed the panic button, that all restaurants have, and right after he ran out of the restaurant, it filled with police. They viewed the tapes and said I would have been within my rights to shoot the guy. Also, we had a regular customer that is an assistant attorney general for the state and he also said the law is clear for people over 60 that feel endangered. That said, I am so happy that guy stopped. I would have hated killing someone over an argument over food.

At 47, unless he was disabled, he may not be able to assert that claim.

There is no magic age for situations like this.

Use of force situations are just like snowflakes and divorces. No two are exactly alike and the wild cards are always the guy doing the arresting, the DA, and the jury.

The shooter made it past round one but now he has to make it through round two.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by muffin

Is there more to this video than is shown? The last bit I see is the pusher backing up while the guy on the ground holds what I presume to be a gun pointing at him and then it stops.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Yes.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=sqPbL_1532105651

YouTube sucks more every day.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Yeah, J.B. Books would have shot him, too. That's not the legal standard, though.

PS Had he shot him WHILE being shoved down, it would have been much closer to justified. He shot him AFTERWARDS, though. That's much closer to retribution, which isn't allowed in the law, even if we're all sympathetic to the sentiment behind it.

We also don't know what was said or what witnesses claimed what was said, etc.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by deflave
Yes.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=sqPbL_1532105651

YouTube sucks more every day.

Agreed.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
good shoot

MOLON LABE
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Apparently the old guy was an [bleep] and had had words with other people there over parking spaces. Made threats, brandished, profanity and n word type trash talking. Seeing how the dead [bleep] took two steps back with his palms showing before he was shot, I'll bet the old guy goes to prison.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
McGlockton might have believed the blue parking curb was reserved for Crips and Democrats.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Borderline at best. May be different where this was recorded, but Ohio lost "stand your ground "at the polls a few years ago. If it were me on the ground, and a gun in my hand, I would have to hold him for the cops (citizens arrest), or back away, or I'd be facing charges myself. I have a legal obligation to retreat if possible in public, and the attack was broken off at the sight of the gun. He did not NEED to fire to save life of prevent further damage. His response looked more like retribution than protection.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
He fired in amongst them!!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Nighty night sooty. The man should be given a medal.

Belligerent groids are dangerous whether armed or not.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B

None of us know the full story, the fact that the shooter stood around and waited for it to happens tells me he was hoping for a confrontation. Pussificatiin? I agree, I’d have used my fists, that people think they need to have a gun instead of their own fists shows how far we have fallen in the last 50 years or so.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Actually, if this shooting is justified (which it doesn't seem to me), it would have nothing at all to do with stand your ground, because being on the ground makes it highly unlikely that he could retreat from a quick follow up attack.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Actually, if this shooting is justified (which it doesn't seem to me), it would have nothing at all to do with stand your ground, because being on the ground makes it highly unlikely that he could retreat from a quick follow up attack.

IF the attack resumed, and IF he felt he could not retreat, it could be justified. But NOT as his attacker is withdrawing and the immediate threat is gone.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (16gage, 160user, 16penny, 1lessdog, 10ring1, 007FJ, 48 invisible), 2,881 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,493
Posts18,490,406
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.