Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by RedAstrachan
Damn right it posed an imminent threat. It was an uppity with prior coonfrontations with others in the same spot. Had the man stood up and uttered one word to this gibbon, it would have been full blown ch*mpout.

I think you have it backwards. The shooter is the one who had prior confrontations in the same spot.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Yes, my mistake. But still had the shooter made one move to regain his feet and I bet the monster African would have resurfaced.

Dey's arredee deemanin juctice!

[Linked Image]

Last edited by RedAstrachan; 07/22/18.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Sheriffs are not attorneys.

Are you??

Cancer Sucks
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
My not being an attorney in no way bolsters the argument that a sheriff knows the law because he's a sheriff. Sheriffs tend to know enough law to function adequately as law enforcement agents, but that's not always sufficient to understand legal subtleties.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just find it ironic that you doubt his knowledge of the law because he is not an attorney.......yet you think you know more than he does and you are not an attorney......

You are in a hole......might want to stop digging!!

Cancer Sucks
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
as a older person with a handicap and having trouble walking, 1st those people parking in a handicap spot was wrong,2nd we can`t hear the argument,3rd the dude that knocked the old guy down was wrong big time,4th I bet the tuff guy dude mouthed off too. so he got shot I don`t care if the old guy shot him 5 times or once dead is dead and he had it coming. no crime a legal justified shoot that even has the sheriff on his side ,no crime in protecting yourself. as far as I am concerned he had it coming maybe his son learned something to respect your elders !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hawkeye, I see your from FL. , got a question. Retreat wasnt really an option, since the man was on the ground. But, does Fl. require a person to attempt to retreat? If the attempt to retreat fails, would a shooting be justified? Just curious.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by GonHuntin
I just find it ironic that you doubt his knowledge of the law because he is not an attorney.......yet you think you know more than he does and you are not an attorney......

You are in a hole......might want to stop digging!!

I don't agree. Knowledge of the law is an objective matter, not dependent on titles. Either someone is right or he is wrong, and this can be hashed out on objective terms. I've made my arguments, and now they stand till someone finds fault with them on objective terms.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Hawkeye, I see your from FL. , got a question. Retreat wasnt really an option, since the man was on the ground. But, does Fl. require a person to attempt to retreat? If the attempt to retreat fails, would a shooting be justified? Just curious.

No need to retreat in Florida. We have "Stand Your Ground." In states that don't have it, you are only required to retreat if you would not be able to persuade the authorities (or a jury) that you could not do so safely.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for the reply. I was just curious.

In La. we also have 'Stand Your Ground' and juries are not allowed to even consider the 'Possibility of Retreat'. Also, a person does not even have to physically attack you, for you to 'stand your ground'. It would be a fine line in court, but with witnesses, you could probably win.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I am sure there are some who want a "duty to retreat" law. Turn and run or stand there (or lie) and take a beating or worse if you can't run fast enough.

the handicap parking is a contentious thing. Once I watched a big boat covertible park in one, probably to keep from getting a door ding, tdhe passenger pointed out the sign, and the driver had a don't GAS attitude and shrugged it off, only time I ever called and watched the police put on the ticket, didn't wait to see if it was towed.

If I am on the ground I have to figure if I can get up from a vulnerable position with someone standing over me. OTH I do not go looking for trouble, like maybe confronting said convertible's driver.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
This guy lived by the J.B. Books Code:

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kennyd
I am sure there are some who want a "duty to retreat" law. Turn and run or stand there (or lie) and take a beating or worse if you can't run fast enough.

the handicap parking is a contentious thing. Once I watched a big boat covertible park in one, probably to keep from getting a door ding, tdhe passenger pointed out the sign, and the driver had a don't GAS attitude and shrugged it off, only time I ever called and watched the police put on the ticket, didn't wait to see if it was towed.

If I am on the ground I have to figure if I can get up from a vulnerable position with someone standing over me. OTH I do not go looking for trouble, like maybe confronting said convertible's driver.

Agreed. Here in Ohio, I must retreat if possible. (No stand your ground) and I fully understand being pissed off by the parking spot issue. My wife requires one, and my boss was injured on a job and spent time in a wheel chair. Had enough trouble getting around and had a similar ass steal the handicap spot from him while he was trying to park. Forced him to park a lot further out in the lot. He was so angry when he got back to the office, he made it a company policy that ANY employee who parked in a handicap spot without a permit, ticketed or not. Faced immediate termination.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 63 invisible), 2,424 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,444
Posts18,489,584
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.