Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Originally Posted by starsky
Snake oil clearance sale?

Pretty funny when someone attending a State University.... makes comments about “snake oil”. How much were those first couple years of tuition, you know, the classes you already took for free in high school then had to take again (and pay for)?

We all place value on different things. I’ve run a couple of John’s WYO-ARs... they’re the most impressive Krunchentickers I’ve ever shot... hands down. Worth the money to me? No way.... but they certainly aren’t “snake oil”.... just too expensive for my taste.

Wow! The COWARD seen the most impressive Krunchenticker he's ever seen! Your a COWARD and a poser

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Trystan

Pretty funny when someone attending a State University.... makes comments about “snake oil”. How much were those first couple years of tuition, you know, the classes you already took for free in high school then had to take again (and pay for)?

We all place value on different things. I’ve run a couple of John’s WYO-ARs... they’re the most impressive Krunchentickers I’ve ever shot... hands down. Worth the money to me? No way.... but they certainly aren’t “snake oil”.... just too expensive for my taste.

Wow! The COWARD seen the most impressive Krunchenticker he's ever seen! Your a COWARD and a poser

Trystan

Laffin.....

I’ve actally shot with John.... and about 50 other members here. Name ONE guy on this site you’ve ever actually shot with. Seriously... just one. No one here knows you.... no one here has shot with you.... no one here respects anything you have to say.

Who’s the Poser?

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Trystan

Laffin.....

I’ve actally shot with John.... and about 50 other members here. Name ONE guy on this site you’ve ever actually shot with. Seriously... just one. No one here knows you.... no one here has shot with you.... no one here respects anything you have to say.

Who’s the Poser?

What a weird dude or gal. crazy

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have a few AR-15`s all shoot just fine, I also have a AR-10 custom in 243 win. that`s more accurate than most hunters bolt rifles. those Krunchenticker AR`s look very impressive, my question is does this manufacture put that big long name on every AR they build ? But again nice rifles ! thanks for showing a picture,Pete53

Last edited by pete53; 12/01/18.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Those douche nozzles plaster that logo every where.

It's like they are proud of how those AR perform. grin

[Linked Image]

John Burns

I have all the sources.

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
For phucqks sake!

Trystan

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Oh I haven't been on a campus in a few years now, but I'm flattered you're paying attention. Tuition costs drop exponentially when you know how to read a book and run a calculator. Plus, it sure seems as though for me, and for what I do for a living, it was more than worth it.

Is John still selling those bedding blocks that keep scopes from shrinking and growing? Man, those sounded slick....

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

[Linked Image]

John,

Have you tried the Winchester Deer Season XP 6.5 Creedmoor Ammo 125 Grain Extreme Point Polymer Tip?

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by David_Walter

John,

Have you tried the Winchester Deer Season XP 6.5 Creedmoor Ammo 125 Grain Extreme Point Polymer Tip?

For me the Berger 130gr VLDs and AR Hybrids are working great so I have not looked elsewhere.

I have shot some 130gr TMKs but those are pretty fragile and results even on deer were not great.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
thanks

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Each decade or so there's a new group of 'squirts' that come of age that fall for all the hype and along with the bait.....swallow the pole as well!!

All HYPE!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This decade...simply enjoys the best bullets,barrels and brass,none of which any previous decade could match.

Hint........................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Big Stick
This decade...simply enjoys the best bullets,barrels and brass,none of which any previous decade could match.

Exactly.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Stick

I agree, this one is superb, but isn't a creedmore and doesn't shoot premium bullets...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Well, my crapmore came to me via a gift from an uncle. He belongs to his local Legion and he won the gun in a raffle. He decided that I should have it. A Ruger American Predator with a Vortex Crossfire II 4-12x44, I think sits on it. Not a gun I would have purchased, but he is my uncle and he is a vet. I gladly accepted and got it sighted in.

He came down for a visit and we took it out and he was able to fire it a few times. He was a happy camper.

I took the rifle out on Veteran's Day in his honor. I took this buck at about 125 yards, one shot and he made it maybe 30 yards. Remington 140 grain corelokt did the job.
He was the first person I told and texted him a picture and the details. He now can brag to his buddies at the Legion. This rifle will now be with me or my family for many years to come. I will not let this crapmore go.

We took it one step further and had lunch at the local VFW where we hunt as they were serving a turkey dinner. A great day in my book. I was hunting with my my older brother, my oldest son and my nephew.

Here is a picture of the deer:

[Linked Image]

Lloyd McCarter and the Honky Tonk Revival
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by diamondjim
Well, my crapmore came to me via a gift from an uncle. He belongs to his local Legion and he won the gun in a raffle. He decided that I should have it. A Ruger American Predator with a Vortex Crossfire II 4-12x44, I think sits on it. Not a gun I would have purchased, but he is my uncle and he is a vet. I gladly accepted and got it sighted in.

He came down for a visit and we took it out and he was able to fire it a few times. He was a happy camper.

I took the rifle out on Veteran's Day in his honor. I took this buck at about 125 yards, one shot and he made it maybe 30 yards. Remington 140 grain corelokt did the job.
He was the first person I told and texted him a picture and the details. He now can brag to his buddies at the Legion. This rifle will now be with me or my family for many years to come. I will not let this crapmore go.

We took it one step further and had lunch at the local VFW where we hunt as they were serving a turkey dinner. A great day in my book. I was hunting with my my older brother, my oldest son and my nephew.

[Linked Image]

Good stuff, JIm! Thanks for the story/pic!

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

[Linked Image]

Outstanding! I have killed a lot of Nebraska deer, with my Creed and .260s.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

[Linked Image]

Great.story, Jim. Thanks for sharing.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
W
WEL Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Last year black friday I bought a Savage 12FV cabelas special for $200 bucks after rebate and cabelas discount for getting a credit card. Mounted a vortex 4-16 pst out of the cabelas bargain cave for $499. Hellavu rifle. 1/2 moa all day long. Easy to shoot. Killed several deer with it. Sweet shooter. Is it the be all to end all hell to the no. But I find it easy to load for and easy on the shoulder. Quite a joy to shoot.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

[Linked Image]

Damn nice bull and nice AR John. Thanks for sharing. Good info on the bullets you use too. I need to try some of those VLD's. I was at Cabela's the other day and damn near bought some to try in my Creed. Seeing these AR 6.5 creedmoor rifles, makes me want to switch barrels on my AR10 even more... As for now, I'm in the process of trying to wear out my bolt action 6.5 CM barrel:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Crapmore? Well, maybe... grin

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

321 members (16penny, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 41 invisible), 2,465 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,035
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.