Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Another great WI archery/bowhunters event is coming up. Aug 24-26 IN Sussex, WI.

http://www.sherwoodforestbowmen.com/index.htm

Great course, great food, novelty shoots and for the 8th straight year, I will again be offering bow tuning to get archers ready for the opener. I will have my chronograph and paper tune station and a bow press to install or repair your gear as well as making broadhead recommendations for your setup to get you hunt ready.

This event has a great group of sponsors.

http://www.sherwoodforestbowmen.com/sponsers.htm

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Does anyone know who these 2 are???
[Linked Image]

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Sure. Bring your new bow and I can help you get started on your way to the sport of archery and eventually bowhunting. Bring your friends too. It would be good for you to get out of the house and get some exercise. wink

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Guessing they are part of the event? Is it a couples shoot?

Last edited by bigwoods; 07/30/18.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Naw I need a better mentor, I don’t need a fat sack of [bleep] to show me how to bait animals, I’m waaaay ahead of that game, after all I’ve killed 2 species of elk, and 2 species of deer with archery gear...

Who’s the gayblades???

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Sure, I can help. Stop on out. I think you would enjoy bowhunting. It will mean you have to get off the recliner though. and you will have to do some walking. Pace yourself.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wish I could shoot a cow in the wrong spot with a bow. Can you point me in the right direction? Aren't I supposed to aim for the vitals? You don't know? Cool

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Ive killed a cow once. A Water Buffalo cow. A great double lung shot that brought it down in 30 yards. (a newb like you might think that was the wrong spot so I can help you so you dont make mistake again) That hunt in Texas we were specifically targeting Water Buffalo cows to help reduce the population. Im happy to help you with how to shoot water buffalo cows and smoking fish.

Here is the video of the only cow (water buffalo) I've ever killed and the perfect shot made. (so you can learn) Im guessing you will have lots of questions. Im happy to help you. You can pause and replay over and over to take notes.

Last edited by sharp_things; 07/30/18.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
So as you can see, that was a text book, double lung shot and right where you want to shoot such an animal. Thanks to constant practice and top notch bow tuning, even you can achieve such results. This is why I volunteer each year at the sherwood forest shoot to help folks like you that want to enjoy peak performance from archery gear. Im sure I can help you as well. I would start with paper tuning and help you with your form and other tips and tricks and we would have you hitting bulleyes in no time. THen I would have you shoot through my Chronograph and then help with broadhead selection.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Seems a nerve was struck

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Judman
Does anyone know who these 2 are???
[Linked Image]

I’m going with learned behavior!

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bigwoods
Seems a nerve was struck

Haha, he gets the same slow death that the animals he "hunts" get.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
This thread didn't go quite as easy as those canned hunts like he expected.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by FishinHank

If I lived closer, I would come check it out and pick up some pointers and tips from you.

Perhaps folks here they have never tried the greatest sport on earth (Bowhunting) will be encouraged to try and if they happen to be in the greatest of the 50 states (WI) I can help reduce the learning curve. Based on what Im reading here there are not a lot of bowhunters on this forum. wink

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
To be fair, I don't bowhunt because most of the ones I have met have been self absorbed dickweeds like you. Every "hardcore" bowhunter I know have lost animals. I know you haven't because its hard for them to run through the fence once they get an arrow through their guts.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Shart things, why do you prefer baited animals, non native species and high fenced animals,to say, our traditional, mule deer, elk, etc. most are within fairly easy driving distance of your locale....

Xoxoxoxoxoxo, your friend, Jud

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Ps don’t show josh the xoxoxoxoxoxo part, might horn him up!!! Seriously

Ain’t easy havin pals.
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
To be fair, I don't bowhunt because most of the ones I have met have been self absorbed dickweeds.

Ys, simply owning a bow does that. It instantly make you a superior being. You might want to try it.

Every "hardcore" bowhunter I know have lost animals.

They are doing it wrong. Ive never lost an animal to a gut shot. The very tiny number of deer I have lost went onto live and be seen again but I have lost a small number out of about 130 killed.

I know you haven't because its hard for them to run through the fence once they get an arrow through their guts.

Ive yet to gut shoot an animal in a guided situation with the exception of heavy quartering away shot to drive the arrow into the vitals meaning that in order to reach vitals, you angle the arrow through whats in the way. That worked out very well.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

675 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 160user, 06hunter59, 73 invisible), 2,677 guests, and 1,558 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,610
Posts18,492,482
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.