Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Judman
Shart things, why do you prefer baited animals, non native species and high fenced animals,to say, our traditional, mule deer, elk, etc. most are within fairly easy driving distance of your locale....

Xoxoxoxoxoxo, your friend, Jud

I would encourage you to ask as many bowhunting related questions as possible. I would go for moose before Elk and Caribou before Mule deer. Ive not had the desire to got after Elk and Mule deer. Perhaps some day when I get bored. Having eaten all the deer species, Mule deer was pretty poor eats. Moose was some of the best.

Last edited by sharp_things; 07/30/18.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You you be interested in antelope? Also deer and elk can be hunted every year in multiple states vs moose and bou obviously. What gives?

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
You you be interested in antelope?

Ive never tasted any pronghorn antelope (goat) that were any good. It (and any species) would be fun to do at the time but its nothing Im planning or looking forward too at the moment.

Also deer and elk can be hunted every year in multiple states vs moose and bou obviously. What gives?

I just have preferences. Moose appeals to me yet elk dont. Caribou interests me and mule deer dont. Right now Im looking at Gators and Hogs in FL and then Africa. Partially because of the venues. FL in the middle of the WI winter appeals to my wife (just like Hawaii did last Feb.)

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You you be interested in antelope? Also deer and elk can be hunted every year in multiple states vs moose and bou obviously. What gives?

He hasn't found a high fence ranch with those species yet.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by FishinHank

He hasn't found a high fence ranch with those species yet.

Im pretty sure elk are commonly hunted in reserves.

Moose.............. no

Caribou ............no

I think its the location of Moose and caribou and the meat quality that interests me. Ive taken only 2 species in high fence operations (hogs and Water Buffalo). Everything else over 42+years was wild/free range.

The water buff was a meat hunt that fell into my lap. Normally the water buff bull hunts at that location are $6000, WB cows $3000 but since I had an in with the owner. We got the WB cows, 3 days lodging, meals, alcohol (everything we wanted) for $1500. My water Buff was 1,700 pounds so its was a good value for organic beef since its was killed with a bow.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by sharp_things
To be fair, I don't bowhunt because most of the ones I have met have been self absorbed dickweeds.

Ys, simply owning a bow does that. It instantly make you a superior being. You might want to try it.

Every "hardcore" bowhunter I know have lost animals.

They are doing it wrong. Ive never lost an animal to a gut shot. The very tiny number of deer I have lost went onto live and be seen again but I have lost a small number out of about 130 killed.

I know you haven't because its hard for them to run through the fence once they get an arrow through their guts.

Ive yet to gut shoot an animal in a guided situation with the exception of heavy quartering away shot to drive the arrow into the vitals meaning that in order to reach vitals, you angle the arrow through whats in the way. That worked out very well.

I'm glad that you don't represent the majority of bowhunters out there. I don't need to be a superior being, I'm already awesome. Haha! I would never purposely shoot anything through the guts to get to the vitals. That alone speaks volumes of your character as a person.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Can you post some of the stellar archery kills? Sans water buffalo and Hawaiian cow? Your friend, Jud

Ain’t easy havin pals.
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I would never purposely shoot anything through the guts to get to the vitals. That alone speaks volumes of your character as a person.

Clearly not a bowhunter. That shot was a finishing shot on a animal I had already hit. I was happy sitting eating a snack while the animal died from the first shot but the guide said shoot again, so I shot again. I dont think it was needed but always follow the guides instructions.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Can you post some of the stellar archery kills? Sans water buffalo and Hawaiian cow? Your friend, Jud

I could. I doubt I will. Perhaps Im making it all up. wink

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Shart things, why do you prefer baited animals, non native species and high fenced animals,to say, our traditional, mule deer, elk, etc. most are within fairly easy driving distance of your locale....

I would encourage you to ask as many bowhunting related questions as possible. I would go for moose before Elk and Caribou before Mule deer. Ive not had the desire to got after Elk and Mule deer. Perhaps some day when I get bored. Having eaten all the deer species, Mule deer was pretty poor eats. Moose was some of the best.

So you ate the Vancouver Bull you shot? Nope, so it's not about which animal was "Good eats"? Always a hypocrite....

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Oh, you should stick to dedicated archery sites if that is your passion, not a site that is geared 90% firearms.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would never purposely shoot anything through the guts to get to the vitals. That alone speaks volumes of your character as a person.

Clearly not a bowhunter. That shot was a finishing shot on a animal I had already hit. I was happy sitting eating a snack while the animal died from the first shot but the guide said shoot again, so I shot again. I dont think it was needed but always follow the guides instructions.

You had to shoot it twice because you didn't hit it right in the first place. You were happy with the shot because you are glad to just hit it. I bet the guide was disgusted with you and told you to shoot it again to put the poor thing out of its misery.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by bigwoods

So you ate the Vancouver Bull you shot? Nope, so it's not about which animal was "Good eats"? Always a hypocrite....

It’s almost too easy isn’t it bigwoods??? Lmfao

Ain’t easy havin pals.
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
You had to shoot it twice because you didn't hit it right in the first place. You were happy with the shot because you are glad to just hit it. I bet the guide was disgusted with you and told you to shoot it again to put the poor thing out of its misery.

Actually no but yours is a fun story to invent. How fun for you to do that. What a treat that must have been for you? The first shot was lungs, liver Diaphragm and lethal. The guide had never guided a bowhunter for Vancouver bull and was edgy over the fact that recently another bowhunter had been killed by a Vancouver bull after arrowing it.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
This should give fat boy something to spank it to. 31 years ago, trad archery kill. Im guessing you were schitting in a diaper back then. grin

Id not killed a buck on opening day of the archery deer season before so I did that year. Back when we used a Polaroid instant camera.

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
It’s weird I’ve googled and googled it can’t find where a bow hunter got killed? Got a link fat eyes?

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
This should give fat boy something to spank it to. 31 years ago, trad archery kill. Im guessing you were schitting in a diaper back then. grin

Id not killed a buck on opening day of the archery deer season before so I did that year. Back when we used a Polaroid instant camera.

[Linked Image]

Great dink, dig the grain dropping out of its mouth!!!

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
1987 for conversation fat eyes.... 19” blacktail, sorry I’ve been spoiled, baby Huey style..... haha
[Linked Image]

Ain’t easy havin pals.
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
It’s weird I’ve googled and googled it can’t find where a bow hunter got killed? Got a link fat eyes?

You got a mystery friend in Hawaii (wink wink) Ask him about it. wink

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Ronnie does this arouse you? Or make you sick??? Are they gonna give you a grandson????
[Linked Image]img host

Last edited by Judman; 07/30/18.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

474 members (22kHornet, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 16penny, 16gage, 160user, 52 invisible), 2,613 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,828
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.