-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Flight 93, Johnstown Flood mueseum, and horseshoe curve are easily hit 1,2,3, on your way to Gettysburg. (We live within 40 miles of all, haven't seen them, of course)
Pittsburgh is slightly out of your way, if you enjoy scenic drives take US 30 east from the 'burgh, to Gettysburg, not fast, straight or level.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Terryk
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Would Gettysburg be doable as a day trip from Carlisle on a Saturday or Sunday? Appreciate it.

Yes it is 28 miles on mapquest, probably 40 minutes. I guess interesting, some of the Confederates were in Carlisle, and joined the battle in Gettysburg.

Thanks.

Might be there the end of next week... Not sure about getting time for sight seeing or not. We have a run from Great Falls Montana that ends near there and typically get another in Mechanicsburg to get us outa there!

Last time through I took the scenic route via Columbus and ended up on the National Pike. 13% grade slowed me enough to enjoy the view besides all the folks trying to get by. 14 MPH! LOL

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I live about 20 minutes north of Gettysburg in a little town called Dillsburg. Haven't been to Gettysburg in several years. Used to take the kids there to climb on the rocks at Devil's den.There used to be a small Colt firearms museum in town...not sure if its still there.And Gettysburg to Carlisle is about a half hour drive. Straight up rte. 234 i believe it is. I think Molly Pitchers grave is in Carlisle. Also if you're into antiques and don't want to drive the whole way to Lancaster county, there are a lot of antique shops in Hanover which is only about a half hour from Gettysburg. If you're into dirt track racing, there are quite a few racetracks not far from there, including Lincoln and Williams Grove. There is also a flea market every Sunday at Williams Grove. Stay away, and I cannot stress this enough, stay away from the cesspool known as York city.
There is lots of historical stuff to see, just google what interests you and have a great time.

If it looks good, you'll see it
If it sounds good, you'll hear it
If it's marketed right, you'll buy it
But...If it's real, you'll feel it
Kid Rock
T
TJAY Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Thanks again for all the info on the area.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (7887mm08, ar33c9, 300_savage, 35, Akhutr, 11 invisible), 1,384 guests, and 871 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,208
Posts18,503,885
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.