Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Hawaii looks dry, doesn't it?

So, a fence which keeps schit in or out is an "Australian fence" in your part of the world, eh? As distinct from other fences, which don't keep schit in or out.

"Yep, that there fence just won't keep schit in. I shoulda put in one of them Australian fences!"

Makes me kinda proud. Cheers!

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
DOz, I will work with you, since you appear tangled up in fence naming currently. A fence is a general or generic term for a structure that divides, separates, contains or keeps something out. There are wooden, chain, chain link, brick, concrete, rail ties, mesh, barbed wire, cross hatch, lattice, picket, offset slat, wrought iron, electric and vinyl. Just to name several including the venerable Australian Fence.

An Australian Fence is often described by sellers and installers of fencing material because of it’s small octagon shaped openings. It is also usually taller in height for purposes of keeping animals inside an area, say, like a shooting gallery for killing non free chase animals.

Now, I assume you’re from the land down under and likely didn’t realize that your countries name was hijacked and used for a type of fence by no doubt an American who happened to be on a “Walkabout” getting his vision quest on in your motherland.

Although my story of the bowhunter was fiction, just in case you thought it was real. The Australian Fence described is real and used here in the USA wherever a typical 4 or 5 strand wire won’t provide the desired effect ..I hope you are not offended that another Australian idea was ripped off by us Yanks.

Lastly, you Aussie’s made a damn fine fence for keeping schit in or out. I did have a German Shorthair Pointer once who would climb my 6’ft high Australian Fence just to piss me off. Then she’d climb it to get back in...I’d like to see Kangaroo do that. I just googled it. A Kangaroo can jump 6’ft high...You have a problem! 6’ft ain’t gonna cut it in Australia. Maybe build a “Wall”?

Thanks for playing....Say hello, to that old and gay chicken hawk, JStuart for me. 😁😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Dan_oz,
Is Foster's really the Australian word for beer, or just a slick American marketing ploy?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
If domestic bulls will do this to a person, I cant imagine what a wild/feral/scrub one would do. Going after the wild/feral bulls at ground level with just a bow and arrow seem risky. No wonder the obvious weapon of choice is always a gun and why you cant find much if anything on the web about guys hunting wild/feral bulls in Hawaii with just a bow.

https://youtu.be/XRJ5P6a0LVM

Luckily for us there are lots of wild/feral bull, bowhunting experts here with first hand experience killing these wild bulls in Hawaii with just a bow. wink

Lets do a roll call of the many guys here that have taken a wild bull in Hawaii with a bow to see how long the list is. I'll start.

1. Me

Dont be shy. Chime in and I will keep a running tally.

Last edited by sharp_things; 08/02/18.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
"I'm sure the guide was not happy about it, I ran after the bull if only because Id lost sight of him and hoped to see where it was headed."

Sounds like a 12 year old boy on his first hunt. No tracking skills or afraid the first 3 marginal shots weren't enough? Lmao

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
While we wait for all the wild bull killing bowhunting, experts that frequent this forum to add their names to the list (since its so common), let explore the very small number of posters here that haven’t already killed a wild bull with the bow and what their excuses might be.

1. Killing a wild bull with a bow is too easy, not worth the bother since its so common place.

2. It’s too expensive, I cant afford it.

3. I don’t want to go to Hawaii.

4. I don’t like bowhunting.

5. I don’t like hunting at elevation/mountains.

6. Im more of an internet talker than hunter. From the safety of my keyboard, Im awesome, I cant risk the real world ruining that.

7. My husband/same sex partner wont let me do that stuff.

8. Sounds like a lot of work and I am much better at commenting on things in chat rooms than actually doing things.

9. I don’t like to fly

Im sure there are lots more excuses Ive missed. wink

Its good that the fat kid started this thread. wink

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Maybe it's just me but if I had a wife with a degenerating disability, a new grand child, two sons that could obviously use proper mentoring (role model father) and a business to run, I'd not have my focus trying to be some internet forum, self promoting know it all. You have some odd priorities.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I really like the 24HourCampFire and look in regularly to many of the forums on the site. I used to, many years ago bow hunt and had some successes. I still shoot my recurve regularly.and find the forums to be entertaining and informative . A few days ago I clicked on the Bow hunting forum and was surprised at the hostility on this forum. LET IT GO! Never have I seen such a bunch of know it all and blow hards. On second thought I guess I have, they are ever where. I really don't care for the done it all know it all types I see on this forum. Small dicks? I'll go elsewhere, thanks.

Last edited by Switch; 08/02/18.
J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
The goal for this hunt was Vancouver bull (Wild, feral steers)

The lying fuuck cant get it straight, bulls, cows , steers..... Just wow....

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
LOL at "cows" ...................... City boys. shocked

The fat kid cant get it straight. grin

Visit a farm, Pugsly. wink

Can I add you to the list of bowhunters that have taken a wild/feral bull???

I didnt think so.

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
A few years ago I was hunting antelope in Wyoming when a herd of feral cattle began stalking me. I knew that I was in jeopardy of being overrun and stomped, gored or licked to death, so I dug a position and radioed in for air support (my brother was crew on an AC 130 at the time, so I had an in). As I was waiting for that air support to make its way to Wyoming from Florida I figured I would take a few pictures to prove the dire situation I was in, just on the chance that I didn't make it. Here is that proof. I'm here to tell you, there is NOTHING more frightening than having to face these fearless creatures knowing all you had was a puny bolt action rifle. I can't imagine how brave a man must be to face these behemoths with nothing more than a bow, arrow and a spare box of tampons.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Remsen; 08/02/18.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by sharp_things
LOL at "cows" ...................... City boys. shocked

The fat kid cant get it straight. grin

Visit a farm, Pugsly. wink

Can I add you to the list of bowhunters that have taken a wild/feral bull???

I didnt think so.

The ignorant mouth breathing stupid fuuck!!! Thats your words gash face!!! Just like the guy that got killed, you lie so much you forget wtf you lie about!! Haha

I begin writing this story on Feb. 21st in my hotel room in Kona which is on the the Big Island of Hawaii as I kill time before my flight back to the Island of Kauai. We spent five days on Kauai and I planned to spend two days hunting on the Big Island. The goal for this hunt was Vancouver bull (Wild, feral steers) and if the opportunity should present itself, Polynesian boar. This is a hunt I had long dreamed of doing and finally the time was right to make it happen.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Steers bulls??? Do they band em at birth now?? are they even wild? Are they steers or bulls liar?

Ain’t easy havin pals.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Remsen
A few years ago I was hunting antelope in Wyoming when a herd of feral cattle began stalking me. I knew that I was in jeopardy of being overrun and stomped, gored or licked to death, so I dug a position and radioed in for air support (my brother was crew on an AC 130 at the time, so I had an in). As I was waiting for that air support to make its way to Wyoming from Florida I figured I would take a few pictures to prove the dire situation I was in, just on the chance that I didn't make it. Here is that proof. I'm here to tell you, there is NOTHING more frightening than having to face these fearless creatures knowing all you had was a puny bolt action rifle. I can't imagine how brave a man must be to face these behemoths with nothing more than a bow, arrow and a spare box of tampons.

[Linked Image]

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Remsen

[Linked Image]

Haha!! oh shiit thats funny!!!

Ain’t easy havin pals.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Thanks for taking the time to read my blog. How sweet to have a fan follow along. Stick around pugsley, you will learn a thing or two about bowhunting.

cows????? We never saw any cows. confused confused

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Yup, just checking, tiny dicks!Too much time on your hands

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Dont squelch the city boys. This is entertaining. wink

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by sharp_things
Dont squelch the city boys. This is entertaining. wink

How many acres do you own Ron.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
While we wait for the bowhunters here that have killed a wild bull, we will continue educating the fat kid.

There are bulls and there are cows.

[Linked Image]

This is a fat cow with big teets. grin

[Linked Image]

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

169 members (450yukon, 375sunrise, 17CalFan, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 22 invisible), 1,830 guests, and 1,056 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,510
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.