Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Check out his post history.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A little bird once told me that companies also pay shills to disparage the products of their competitors online. Someone with no experience, but that chases down posts about a company to throw stones at every opportunity could be just such an animal.

What fresh Hell is this?
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yep that's me. Leupold pays me 6 figures a year to go after Tract. smirk

If you hadn't noticed, I actually tried a Toric and didn't hate it. It's more the company's business practices I have a problem with. Have a guy come on the forum and pimp the product, then as soon as product is found lacking, guy disappears. Send in new guy, who poo poos the testing methods the failed product, instead of simply owning up to the malfunction. Change tactics and have a guy send in pictures of product posed in front of dead animals, because for some reason guys on this site like to look at pictures of dead animals shot by someone else.

I'm really not surprised that a bunch of the posters on this site would fall for the shill routine. They let Safariman get away with his shenanigans for years; in fact there are still posters defending the guy to this day.

Tract's techniques to sell their products are annoying, but whatever, its all just marketing in the age of the internet.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
NZSika,
In order to prove you're not a shill, and that I'm not paid to badmouth Tract, how about a deal? Neither of us will post anything Tract related on this site for a period of time. Say 6 months. If we can both go that long, while continuing to post as usual on the Fire otherwise, I'd say that would prove we are both good to go. Deal?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
NZSika,
In order to prove you're not a shill, and that I'm not paid to badmouth Tract, how about a deal? Neither of us will post anything Tract related on this site for a period of time. Say 6 months. If we can both go that long, while continuing to post as usual on the Fire otherwise, I'd say that would prove we are both good to go. Deal?

LOL!!!!!!! I don't think you can do it Billy! ...big grin...

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Didn't say you were; didn't even think it. Also didn't know about your Toric, which takes you out of the "no experience" category.

Under the terms of your proposed deal with NZSika, can he still post dead animal pics with his Tract in them, or does he have to black out the scope like naughty bits in a news photo?😛

What fresh Hell is this?
N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
I agree with Dakotadeer's assessment of NZsika being a shill for Tract. The company has just taken a slightly different approach with this stooge than the previous two, bhoges and Trevor.

Its a SWFA 3-15. Your move.

[Linked Image]

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Yep that's me. Leupold pays me 6 figures a year to go after Tract. smirk

If you hadn't noticed, I actually tried a Toric and didn't hate it. It's more the company's business practices I have a problem with. Have a guy come on the forum and pimp the product, then as soon as product is found lacking, guy disappears. Send in new guy, who poo poos the testing methods the failed product, instead of simply owning up to the malfunction. Change tactics and have a guy send in pictures of product posed in front of dead animals, because for some reason guys on this site like to look at pictures of dead animals shot by someone else.

I'm really not surprised that a bunch of the posters on this site would fall for the shill routine. They let Safariman get away with his shenanigans for years; in fact there are still posters defending the guy to this day.

Tract's techniques to sell their products are annoying, but whatever, its all just marketing in the age of the internet.

Dead animals go along with hunting. Hunting is the very essence of why I am interested in decent optics.

I agree with you about Tract's marketing. Their constant bombarding of me with new face book pics, offers and exaggerated claims is annoying. Maybe it goes hand in hand with direct marketing. It does not though diminish the performance of the one Tract 'scope that I have.

Last edited by NZSika; 08/02/18.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
FACEBOOK😱! Dude, didn't you get the memo?

That deer in your last pic should be entered in ingwe's Dink-a-thon. No chance of course, with all that bone, but a little international interplay might be welcome.

Suggest you research Blanton's first.

What fresh Hell is this?
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
The majority of guys who post dead animal pictures to social media, which includes this site, do so because they are:
A: seeking validation from strangers (basically the guy version of Instagirls).
B: trying to sell something directly (i.e. company shills).
C: trying to leverage their success in the field into fame/money (essentially the dude version of the Kardashians, except instead of making sex tapes with rappers, they film themselves high-fiving their entourages after the kill). These fellows are easily identified by their flat-brimmed caps and $300 designer camouflage pants, and even have their own vernacular, using terms like "crush it".

Are we on for the six month challenge? Call it done the first of February.

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The majority of guys who post dead animal pictures to social media, which includes this site, do so because they are:
C: trying to leverage their success in the field into fame/money (essentially the dude version of the Kardashians, except instead of making sex tapes with rappers, they film themselves high-fiving their entourages after the kill). These fellows are easily identified by their flat-brimmed caps and $300 designer camouflage pants, and even have their own vernacular, using terms like "crush it".

You seem a little slow on the uptake? The post of the SWFA scope was NZSika's way of saying you got a deal. I'm kinda wondering though? Anyone who encourages someone to stop promoting a product obviously is working for the competition! Good move on your part and should qualify for a bonus

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N

You are over thinking this. Relax.

The pics are simply validation that my particular 'scope gets outside with me away from the keyboard, and that it can stand the rigours of consistent hunting.

As an aside, could you please advise me of the make of your computer key board? I like products that can take a hammering.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
As an aside, could you please advise me of the make of your computer key board? I like products that can take a hammering.
😜

SWFA Hunt-n-Pecker?

What fresh Hell is this?
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I have several Tracts and like them. They track well, have consistent eye relief, have good glass and are so far holding up well. I am not a turret twister and like the BDC reticle for ranges I shoot. The only problem I have had is a focus knob that appears frozen on one, which I heed to send back for repair. I will buy more.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

I did...you may be onto to something. It is certainly suggestive.

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Originally Posted by Magnumdood

Don't be so stupid. Why the hell would someone from New Zealand be interested in being involved in such stupidity with a company that has almost zero presence here. Honestly, some of you people need to get a life and stop talking [bleep].

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Or stop pimping Tract and get a life.....

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Magnumdood

Are you getting a check from Leopold? Can you prove that your not!!!

It's pretty easy to see right through this entire fiasco. Leopold has been losing ground fast and have resorted to paying less than desirables to bad mouth the competition. Id be both ashamed and embarrassed

We live in the USA of Campfire where you are guilty until proven innocent.

Imagine that!

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Or stop pimping Tract and get a life.....

Your the one here following NZsika around like a little weasley troll! No? Do you understand the irony of someone like yourself telling NZ to get a life?

Imagine that

Trystan

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
For the record, my Tract 3-15 hasn't missed a beat. And no I didn't put it through the local rock crusher.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 63 invisible), 2,356 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,394
Posts18,488,821
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.