Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by CWT
I think some folks on here are suffering from Tract Anxiety Disorder.

Lol........ya! To the point they accuse and treat folks who have a lot to offer with utter disdain 😒

If it weren't for thick skinned hunters there'd be nothing but pricks who have nothing to offer around here and they would all self appoint one another as Heroes and Leaders in there rather "Small Circle" 😁

I'm somewhat of a prick myself but I truly try to direct it toward the inconsiderate pricks that continually troll a good many campfire members.

Maybe I should change my ways?

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Originally Posted by Trystan
Originally Posted by prairie_goat

I notice you haven't actually denied the accusation, or answered my question.

How do you answer a question that ignorant? Someone needs to either stick your nose in a corner or bend you over and paddle your a ss so you'll stop with the temper tantrum.

Trystan

Says the dude who’s thrown some of the biggest tantrums in the history of 24hcf.....

I asked a question on the long range forum! You and several other "Assumed" that meant I had zero clue about shooting long range. You and a few other self appointed heroes tried to call me out......I offered to come shoot with you fellas......the phuuucking COWARD CROWD tucked tail, crawfished, continued to accuse while not once simply stepping up and saying Would love to come shoot with you bud. I know your type and I know the type you hang with well. I used to take lying sniveling big mouth bullshitters like you and your bully buddies and knock teeth out just for fun. Your the type who walks into a bar....gets into a brawl and gets the schit stomped outta ya! Then goes back the next day for more of the same. Kinda scary just how well I can summarize your miserable life just from reading one of your COWARD , crawfishing, backpedaling answers isn't it.

Your not my friend and I don't hang with cowards. A real man would have accepted an invitation to shoot with a fellow campfire member. Every once in a while you run into a man who is willing to back it up and that's when a true big mouth COWARD shows his colors in less than a heartbeat. You've got zero heartbeat dude!

Now go home and cry, make up more songs about me while looking in the mirror repeating I am brave as you wipe the COWARD tears from your eyes.

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
Must be a shidt ton of members here on the SWFA and NF payroll.

Tell me where I can sign up.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Dogshooter

How do you answer a question that ignorant? Someone needs to either stick your nose in a corner or bend you over and paddle your a ss so you'll stop with the temper tantrum.

Trystan

Says the dude who’s thrown some of the biggest tantrums in the history of 24hcf.....

I asked a question on the long range forum! You and several other "Assumed" that meant I had zero clue about shooting long range. You and a few other self appointed heroes tried to call me out......I offered to come shoot with you fellas......the phuuucking COWARD CROWD tucked tail, crawfished, continued to accuse while not once simply stepping up and saying Would love to come shoot with you bud. I know your type and I know the type you hang with well. I used to take lying sniveling big mouth bullshitters like you and your bully buddies and knock teeth out just for fun. Your the type who walks into a bar....gets into a brawl and gets the schit stomped outta ya! Then goes back the next day for more of the same. Kinda scary just how well I can summarize your miserable life just from reading one of your COWARD , crawfishing, backpedaling answers isn't it.

Your not my friend and I don't hang with cowards. A real man would have accepted an invitation to shoot with a fellow campfire member. Every once in a while you run into a man who is willing to back it up and that's when a true big mouth COWARD shows his colors in less than a heartbeat. You've got zero heartbeat dude!

Now go home and cry, make up more songs about me while looking in the mirror repeating I am brave as you wipe the COWARD tears from your eyes.

Trystan

Cool story bro.... fiction.... but cool...

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Trystan,

I offered to have you come shoot with me and didn't receive a response. Instead, you've decided you'd rather go around bad-mouthing me too now, for some strange reason. Maybe lay off the drama a bit and stick to talking guns/hunting/shooting.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
jwp,

Eager to hear about any mechanical testing/durability info that you may gather.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by GregW
Originally Posted by NZSika
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Check out his post history.

I did...you may be onto to something. It is certainly suggestive.

Don't be so stupid. Why the hell would someone from New Zealand be interested in being involved in such stupidity with a company that has almost zero presence here. Honestly, some of you people need to get a life and stop talking [bleep].

Why the hell would someone from New Zealand come on a forum frequented primarily by Americans, then proceed to post almost entirely about a specific brand, other than to increase brand presence?

You usually make a lot of great posts but I think you are grasping at straws in this assessment. He's not denying it because it's a pretty dumb assessment from my view.

It's a dude using a scope and talking about it, even if myself and yourself choose to use other ones. It's ok for him to do this.

Oh yeah, there’s a good chance I’m wrong. Oh well, I’ve been wrong before.

But you’ve gotta admit, his actions are suspicious when taken in context.

If a guy comes out of nowhere and starts posting incessantly on a specific product, it might not be suspicious in and of itself. If this were a tractor forum, with a new guy claiming the greatness of Chinese made Kama tractors...it would be fine. But, if on that very forum Kama had recently been a sponsor, then dropped their sponsorship after their product was found lacking, the new guy pimping the product might be met with some suspicion. Then, if Kama’s attempts at placing salesmen on the site either resulted in the salesman disappearing or freaking out and blaming poor testing for the product’s failures? By then it would make sense to be suspicious of any and all who showed up out of nowhere claiming the greatness of a Kama tractor.

By the way, all those issues have happened on this forum, not with a tractor, but with Tract Optics.

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
I know nothing about the back-history. Nor do I care. I just happened to find a new brand 'scope that I was impressed with and wanted to share my enthusiasm with others. That's not a crime in most parts of the world, but it seems it is here.

Any reponse and you will be talking to your hand. I'm out of here.

Last edited by NZSika; 08/05/18.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Amazing.

N2Sika please don't leave permanently.

Why do people get so excited about optics? I can only guess that it is very subjective and unfortunately subject to opinion more than hard facts. That and some people are just A**holes.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tejano
Amazing.

N2Sika please don't leave permanently.

Why do people get so excited about optics? I can only guess that it is very subjective and unfortunately subject to opinion more than hard facts. That and some people are just A**holes.

It seems it's universal on optics sights. I went to another sight dedicated to optics a few years ago. I posted some finding for my first posts and apparently mentioned something wrong about one of their favorites.
I finally left because of the constant childishness.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

P
P
Well done the campfire, I've know nz sika for many years and enjoyed many hunts with him, he' s a good bloke and has 50 years of hunting experience to share with others, he likes to try new products whether it's scopes, powders, rifles or projectiles and likes to share his results. He's also a successful professional person in his business life and doesn't need any assistance from product manufacturers. To the guys who have driven him from the forum maybe have a good look in the mirror and see if you like what you see. You have done a disservice to the other guys and gals on the forum who would have profited from his knowledge.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have come to the conclusion that there are no bullet-proof optics. I have not coughed up the money for NF, yet, but I just sent the second SWFA back to the company. I also have a brand new Athlon Tactical that has been returned for evaluation. If someone likes a scope, that is great, and I like seeing the reports, but it seems that any optics can have issues-even when they have great reputations. I sent a Leupold back twice and then got rid of it, after I got it back.

I applaud anyone that will post their opinions and evaluations of scopes on this sight. It is inevitable, that someone will bash you for your opinion. Over the years, I have had a real dose of reality with scopes. If I get a good one, I feel blessed and keep on going. If not, I try to correct the problem. I keep trying to think outside the box on scopes, as the normal names-Bushnell, Burris, Leupold etc.-don't seem to be as trustworthy as before. I went to Hawke and had to send a scope back. I seem to have a good one, now, and it is a good, clear scope. I started off with a questionable scope, after I went with Athlon, and the jury is still out on them. The customer service from both of these companies has been fantastic. I have become a real fan of SWFA, but I have now sent two of them back.

I hope some of the newer companies prove to be good, as the others obviously need to be forced into upping their game a bit. It is just frustrating to be the guinea pig some times. I think that the Tract may be on my "to try" list at some point, if I have another scope failure. Thank you, NZsika, for your evaluation.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
sbhooper,

Excellent point.

I get to test a lot of scopes, and over the years have encountered 19 BRANDS (not individual scopes) that were either defective from the box, or went bonkers after anywhere from a dozen to a few hundred rounds after being mounted on rifles. Also, the rifles weren't always chambered in hard-recoiling rifles. One broke (a brand formerly known for being very recoil-proof) broke after maybe 100 rounds on a .257 Roberts, the only rifle it had ever been mounted on. More recently, a dialing scope designed for centerfires went tits-up on a .17 HMR.

The 19 brands have included three expensive European makes, along with SWFA and Nightforce. The truth is that scopes are far less durable than almost any of the rifles we put them on, so the only thing we can do is play the odds, using scopes with reputations for durability, and test them quite a bit before we trust them in the field.

Which is exactly why I typically first test ANY scope on a rifle that recoils with 30+ foot-pounds of energy, meaning at least a typical .300 magnum, or a light .30-06 or 7mm magnum. Have also tested quite a few on a light .338 Winchester Magnum, or on my .375 H&H and .416 Rigby. Exactly which rifles get used as "test platforms" depends on the manufacturer's intended use for the scope.

All of this is why I also try to obtain results from other shooters after testing a new brand of scope for the first time. Have only tested one Tract, a 3-15x42 Toric, and it has worked very well during a lot of shooting on rifles from a 6XC to a very light .30-06 to a .300 Winchester Magnum. But that's an example of one, the reason I've also been in contact with several other shooters who own Toric scopes.

More scope information is always desirable, because as noted earlier, all we can do it play the odds.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
This particular forum has a few ODD QUIRKS, there seems to be a small cadre of piranha that lurks off on the edges of sunlight than it emerges in a school like rush to tear limb from limb, tissue from tissue of any poster that doesnt conform to their style and concepts, name need not be cited. There are a few who stand at the edges and offer observations of ideas or products and risk disabling wounds from the predatory school. There are also a couple of older well respected posters that try to be objective and very lightfooted without triggering the bloodlust but hopefully tempering the issue. A few like myself that try to be objective or insightful, but are either ignored or attacked.
This forum has a tremendous amount of good documentation and GOOD opinions on many products. But at times its like watching a MMA free for all in S Chicago. It seems to bring out the worst in some people, some have the my way or highway, no prisoners position. And some like , gotta name him<, Tristan who has gone well over the top on his last post, probably as a result of frustration and exasperation. NZsika is probably leaving due to this prevailing attitude. I dont think its in the forums best interest to loose both of these participants due to a few ruling the forum like a fiefdom. Both of them do provide reasonably objective personal opinions of the matters Iv observred.

At any rate, I have a Response on a "junk" Remi 783. Not much recoil but its clicks are clicks and they seem to hold true to any futsing I do with them. The glass seems more than satisfactory, and windage and elevation reticles corresponds to the bullet holes at the described ranges. So far from what I can gather thats 2 good ones and one "bad" one discussed so far. I bought a pair of binos and they seem more than adequate to me, things are so far up the ladder of diminishing returns I not sure what to conclude. It does seem that one of my 50mm Meopta scopes is a tad better in the marginal light of the last minutes of shooting time in season.

I wound up buying a Howa barreled action due to some stupidity on my part, and I needed a bolt. This is a heavy barrel 300 Win mag, so after reading the glow and after glow regarding SWFA scopes I bought a 10X40(42?) mildot, MOA adjust scope( mixed marble cake aint it). Using the turrets to zero the bugger in it all works except the cliocks. Twirl the knobs and you can hear a buzz, try for one click and it takes a better person than me. A little dissapointing but its far from the end of the world. I dont think Ill fry them over that. The biggest hassle is that the windage knob has made this nifty artillery piece a single shot. Im going to run it over to my son's and turn off most of the knurled section or at least taper it.

Now Ill go see if Amazon sells chain mail.

Last edited by rogn; 08/06/18. Reason: cant read or write

precision is group shooting, accuracy is hitting your intended target.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I sense a lithium shortage.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you don’t mind sharing, I’d be interested to know what failed on your two SWFA scopes and your Athlon, as well as which models they were. Thanks!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
sbhooper,

Excellent point.

I get to test a lot of scopes, and over the years have encountered 19 BRANDS (not individual scopes) that were either defective from the box, or went bonkers after anywhere from a dozen to a few hundred rounds after being mounted on rifles. Also, the rifles weren't always chambered in hard-recoiling rifles. One broke (a brand formerly known for being very recoil-proof) broke after maybe 100 rounds on a .257 Roberts, the only rifle it had ever been mounted on. More recently, a dialing scope designed for centerfires went tits-up on a .17 HMR.

The 19 brands have included three expensive European makes, along with SWFA and Nightforce. The truth is that scopes are far less durable than almost any of the rifles we put them on, so the only thing we can do is play the odds, using scopes with reputations for durability, and test them quite a bit before we trust them in the field.

Which is exactly why I typically first test ANY scope on a rifle that recoils with 30+ foot-pounds of energy, meaning at least a typical .300 magnum, or a light .30-06 or 7mm magnum. Have also tested quite a few on a light .338 Winchester Magnum, or on my .375 H&H and .416 Rigby. Exactly which rifles get used as "test platforms" depends on the manufacturer's intended use for the scope.

All of this is why I also try to obtain results from other shooters after testing a new brand of scope for the first time. Have only tested one Tract, a 3-15x42 Toric, and it has worked very well during a lot of shooting on rifles from a 6XC to a very light .30-06 to a .300 Winchester Magnum. But that's an example of one, the reason I've also been in contact with several other shooters who own Toric scopes.

More scope information is always desirable, because as noted earlier, all we can do it play the odds.

Good post, John. We have a large sample size of known info for scopes like NF, SWFA, Leup, etc, so we know what odds we’re playing with said scopes, but Tract owners are still few in number and the odds of scope failure are not well known. That’s why I’m interested to learn of mechanical and durability testing on these scopes – so that we have a decent sample size to base our decisions on, with regards to the odds of failure.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Crazy! No bag limit on deer...If it wasn’t such a PITA to get a rifle into the country; I could see the wife an I might like a trip down under. 😎

It's not very difficult at all. I took my family down there eight years ago. It's a great place, full of down to earth, wonderful folks.

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Beaver10,

You must be thinking of Australia.

My wife and hunted in NZ in 2007, and it took about five minutes at the airport in Auckland to do everything necessary to bring in our rifles.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Thanks MD for getting this back on track. Look forward to a Toric review if one is in the future. I wouldn't make it as a gun writer as I am not confident in a piece of equipment especially something as fragile as glass until I have used it ten years or more.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

519 members (222Sako, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 1OntarioJim, 54 invisible), 2,391 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,432
Posts18,489,316
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.