Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Idaho's new castle doctrine law allows citizens to blow his sorry butt away if he tries it here.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Story on the local TV news up here (Redding, Chico, Eureka) about the shoplifting problem in Chico and how PO'd the store owners are getting. Something about Prop 27 and Moonbeam not jailing or releasing early "non-violent" offenders, even felons. Apparently not just a SF problem, but it sure sounds like Hite needs to take a Hike.

Seems I remember some NYC mayor back in the 80's or so, telling the police to strictly enforce window breaking, vandalism, other "street crimes" and in a year or so overall crime rates started dropping and the streets of NYC actually started attracting tourists again.

Unfortunately, in this case the jurist on the bench would put the kybosh on that.

Geno

Proposition 47, "The Safe Neighborhoods and Schools Act" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Proposition_47_(2014)

was a flim-flam trick by politicians in response to what FatCity67 mentioned,: prison overcrowding (Side question: So why does California produce so many criminals?).

By reclassifying certain non-0violent felonies (felony: over a year in State prison) as misdemeanors (up to a year in County jail), the State was able to meet Supreme Court standards by releasing into the wild close to 60,000 former drug addicts and burglars (yea, burglary is a non- violent felony-non-misdemeanor). The dopes of California were duped by nice sounding titles and so now have junkies shooting up on their doorways, which is only a misdemeanor, and the home owner wonders why?

When caught for a demeanor in a very busy city, you are given a court date on a citation. I skip the Traffic box and check the misdemeanor box. You are supposed to show up on the date, about 45 days after the initial capture-and-release, and deal with the justice system. If convicted (which is hard to do in San Francisco), you often get two weekends of picking up trash as a sentence.

Hence we are overwhelmed by property crime. OR restated, we are overwhelmed by car break-ins, burglaries, thefts, drug usage, drug residue, fecal matter from junkie ex-felons who will never hold a job in their lives, and other blight.

All from feel-good policies by liberal politicians who promoted "common sense" and "fair" sentencing reform and were also (rolling with thier voting base ) anti police.

For all those leery of police: Stay the course. We must keep law enforcement honest or else we are controlled. Who controls the police? The politicians and big donors. Whether it's Raymond "Shrimp Boy"
Chow or Twitter and Facebook .

But we should build more prisons to enforce sentences or redact the penal code and allow self protection.

Our society is splintered and the puppet masters love pitting us against ourselves.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Recently heard someone refer to San Francisco as "America's largest public restroom"...............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There any way to herd those fires into San Fransicko?

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
As a man I couldn't sleep a single night knowing that $1.00 of my money was going to that state government.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
...and as a woman?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by kingston
...and as a woman?

Waiting for your answer.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Watching SF politics is something of a spectator sport in Northern California. In 2005 SF put a proposition (Prop H) on the ballot to ban handguns. They KNEW it wouldn't stand up because it conflicted with state preemption laws. A nearly identical proposition had been previously overturned on exactly those grounds. After it passed, the NRA took it to court, just like everyone knew they would. The NRA won on state premption grounds, just like everyone knew they would. Then SF appealed it. And lost, just like everyone knew they would.

San Francisco squandered nearly a million dollars, including $380,000 to the NRA for legal costs, on a proposition everyone knew would be overturned. That's money that could have gone to fill potholes, run the schools and take care of the homeless.

But at least they "made a statement".

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I know a lady that was offered a VERY HIGH PAYING office job there as the office manager and she told her firm....HELL NO...NO WAY!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Just stay aware. The last time I was in Texas, I heard the usual liberal garbage about "fair" sentencing for criminals. It will appeal to the criminal culture of the lower class communities. Note that the decent people of the lower economic communities is crying for help with the thugs.

That stuff is creeping into everywhere.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
San Francisco has been under Democrat control since 1964, go figure.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
+1........... Coming soon to a municipality near you. It's all about "fair and equitable" so the poorer thugs among us can get a break. It's the so-called "new normal".

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (12344mag, 1234, 17CalFan, 160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 62 invisible), 2,332 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,517
Posts18,490,944
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.