Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#13026202 07/30/18
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Does anyone have feedback on this stuff?

How’s their rain Gear?

Are they known for anything in particular?

Where is their stuff made?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You can't use the kings camo as a commoner. Look what happened to Robin Hood when he poached the king's deer.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I called Kings Camo. Their XKG Windstorm Jacket and pants is made in Vietnam, which is ok with me. I do everything possible to avoid Chinese manufacturing. They say it’s super breathable, totally waterproof, and quiet.. Who knows, I might try it.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Nobody’s used this stuff?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I've used Kings toilet paper. It was a royal pain in the ass.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by kingston
I called Kings Camo. Their XKG Windstorm Jacket and pants is made in Vietnam, which is ok with me. I do everything possible to avoid Chinese manufacturing. They say it’s super breathable, totally waterproof, and quiet.. Who knows, I might try it.

I do - the XKG line is pretty much a direct copy/knock-off of the Sitka gear in similar fabric weight - Alpine/Ascent. The fabric panels are literally cut the same as Sitka, but King's probably has a bit looser fit than Sitka.

I have multiple XKG pants and shirts, some of their rain gear, but not their top tier.

Kings is OK gear, for the most part. I really haven't had any "fail", and I've used it on and off for about 6-8 years. The XKG pants have held up well, the shirts are OK - not really anything to report with seaming or weakness.

Complaints: they use a lot of different material sources, and textile production facilities for their products - so standard sizes, the material finishes, and the fit can be a dice roll.

My read - they license the camo pattern, and sell it to different clothing vendors to produce and sell in the separate vendor stores, while maintaining their own small line of direct consumer sales.

When Russell Athletic had the Mountain Shadow pattern, I stocked up pretty good, especially when Gander Mountain blew it out a few years back.

The Russell gear was well made, fit well, and lasted - I still have it in the gear bag.

Last edited by AH64guy; 08/02/18.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Thank you for the reply.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've got some of their pants, shirts and fleece. I don't have the rain gear. Their desert sage pattern is about the best I've found and that's what I use the most around here. I don't have any complaints regarding the fabric quality or construction but I have noticed that the dye intensity varies a bit piece to piece. Some pieces darker and some a shade lighter.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a lot of their clothing. Mostly the cotton long sleeve button up shirt and cargo pants and they were bought several years ago. All of mine is in the mountain shadow camouflage pattern. It worked really well hunting desert muleys in west Texas and I will wear it hunting whitetails in southwest Texas and axis near home. I had one fo their bomber style jacket that was my absolute favorite hunting jacket. It got too small or something and I ordered another one. They had completely changed the jacket with no insulation or nothing. I sent that back and told them how disappointed I was that they had changed the design. I have their XKG rain jacket and it goes everywhere with me. I purchased their soft shell jacket, which really isn't soft shell, but I should have read the reviews before I purchased it. It's a good jacket though and I think it will work well blocking out the cold west Texas winds.

The lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!
KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I use Kings Desert Shadow shirt, trousers and ball cap when hunting Coues deer in southern Arizona. My buddy says that, when looking at me through binos in low light conditions, I can't be found.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like their orange vest, half the price of Kuiu, Sitka wrong configuration for me, twice the price of some other options, but I wear it all season. Solid option when you just want a little warmth with some pockets over a shirt. Slimmer fit if you like that.

Last edited by exbiologist; 08/10/18.

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I ordered the XKG windstorm Jacket and Pants. At first glance, it looks to be well made. I’m keeping it. It’s pretty light weight, quiet, and stretchy. We’ll see what happens next time we get a gully-washer.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I bought a couple of King's Camo long sleeve T-shirts a few years ago, in the Desert Shadow pattern and made from 100% polyester. I've hardly worn them. They are stifling to wear, and don't seem to breathe or wick at all, even though the material has perforations all over it. As a result they are too hot when it is warm and you get chilled by sweat when the weather's cold. The camo pattern's okay I guess, but the material's shiny, which spoils the effect.

It is only a small sample, and they may have improved and have better products now, but I haven't been keen to give them another go.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 65 invisible), 2,788 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,200
Posts18,503,641
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.