-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Beretta's are great guns. I carried one concealed for a few years. Not my first choice but doable.

Then again so is the N Frame.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The_Real_Hawkeye,

NICE pistol & a GREAT GROUP, as well.

Fwiw, another of our members of "The EOF Group" (a retired US Army MSG) got his 92S from Classic Firearms/local FFL last Tuesday & his LOOKS unfired/unissued.
(I may order one of these yet.)

EVERY one of our crowd have gotten a NICE Beretta, though one member got one whose exterior LOOKED "tired" - He refinished his 92S with a can of semi-gloss black epoxy paint, that is made for refinishing kitchen appliances.
LOOKS FINE, too.

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by deflave
Beretta's are great guns. I carried one concealed for a few years. Not my first choice but doable.

Then again so is the N Frame.

Yes, I think it's very doable. As an experiment, I switched it for my Glock 17 in my IWB El Paso Saddlery C-Force holster for several hours (yes, it fits perfectly), and could not tell the difference either in comfort or concealment.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by satx78247
The_Real_Hawkeye,

NICE pistol & a GREAT GROUP, as well.

Fwiw, another of our members of "The EOF Group" (a retired US Army MSG) got his 92S from Classic Firearms/local FFL last Tuesday & his LOOKS unfired/unissued.
(I may order one of these yet.)

EVERY one of our crowd have gotten a NICE Beretta, though one member got one whose exterior LOOKED "tired" - He refinished his 92S with a can of semi-gloss black epoxy paint, that is made for refinishing kitchen appliances.
LOOKS FINE, too.

yours, tex

Yes, if you look at the various YouTube videos of them opening up new crates as they come in, it's amazing how many of them look new or nearly new. It seems to go mostly by which crate, as some crates have a high concentration of them that look like beaters, and are of the earlier versions (with the half checkered stocks only), with lots of finish worn off, and some crates seem to be filled mostly or entirely with the newer 92S with the full checkered stocks that mostly contain guns that look nice.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
I wonder why Mel only kept 13 rounds in his mags.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The_Real_Hawkeye,

Fwiw, ALL of our crowd, who ordered one or more Model 92S Berettas, bought them from Classic Firearms & I've since found out that only 4 of 15 of our members paid the fee for "hand select". - Having seen almost all of the 92S pistols at a meal/meeting, I cannot truthfully tell you WHICH member DID or DID NOT pay the extra 20 bucks from the appearance of all of the handguns.
(With my luck, I'll probably get one that has LOTS of wear to the exterior finish, IF I do order one.)

ALL of the members are PLEASED with the handguns that they received, as they all are "near mint" on the inside. Even the one with the "tired looking" exterior & was painted semi-gloss black, seemed to have been carried a LOT but seldom fired..

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

F'by 24, 1836
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by satx78247
The_Real_Hawkeye,

Fwiw, ALL of our crowd, who ordered one or more Model 92S Berettas, bought them from Classic Firearms & I've since found out that only 4 of 15 of our members paid the fee for "hand select". - Having seen almost all of the 92S pistols at a meal/meeting, I cannot truthfully tell you WHICH member DID or DID NOT pay the extra 20 bucks from the appearance of all of the handguns.
(With my luck, I'll probably get one that has LOTS of wear to the exterior finish, IF I do order one.)

ALL of the members are PLEASED with the handguns that they received, as they all are "near mint" on the inside. Even the one with the "tired looking" exterior & was painted semi-gloss black, seemed to have been carried a LOT but seldom fired..

yours, tex

Yeah, I suspect Italian police don't spend lots of time at the range.

PS One reviewer on YouTube said he paid the hand select price of $20.00 and got one that was worn looking, so who knows whether they actually hand select any of them, even if you pay.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The_Real_Hawkeye,

I expect that you are 100% correct about the 92S being seldom fired off of the range by the Italian police/military users or MAYBE not much even then.

IF I order a 92S, I will NOT pay the extra 20 bucks. = ALL of the pistols that our group of EOF would suit me clear down to the ground.
(IF necessary, I can buy a can of appliance paint. About 10 years ago, I refinished a cheap .32ACP handgun with BBQ PIT paint from HD. = Tom's DIY refinishing LOOKS NICE to my eyes.)

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

F'by 24, 1836
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I wonder why Mel only kept 13 rounds in his mags.

Mel does the one handed mag drop, which can't be done with the 92S. His was a 92F or FS, with the American style mag release.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Lethal Weapon sucked but Die Hard is timeless.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by deflave
Lethal Weapon sucked but Die Hard is timeless.

Die Hard is the better of the two.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
"I'M TOO OLD FOR THIS SH1T!" - Roger Murtaugh

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The_Real_Hawkeye,

I suspect because the Holly-WEIRD people, who make the movies, didn't know how many rounds that a Beretta magazine holds.

LOTS of the crowd from out there know ZILCH about firearms, except that they go "Bang". = I once heard that Audie Murphy, who was obviously vary experienced about firearms, insisted that a scene in one of his "oaters" be rewritten when he noted that the script called for him to fire more than 25 shots from a Colt's Peacemaker W/O reloading.
(I'm told that he said to the director, I'm not playing this scene until it's rewritten, as I don't want to look stupid.")

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

F'by 24, 1836
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

653 members (1badf350, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,789 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,224
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.