Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 39 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 38 39
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They remind me of giant snails as they scoot around crazy

What gets me is the lardasses that leave those power buggies outside. They werent outside initially for them to climb onto.

[Linked Image]image share

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I joined the crowd with a synthetic Vanguard in .30-06 for $249.

Took about 10 minutes to check out.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by slumlord
They remind me of giant snails as they scoot around crazy

lolo,......"giant snails"

That got me tickled.

I don't think they buy chit.

They just go to Walmart and ride around 'till the battery goes dead,..then waddle off to the car and drive home.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
No, it wasn’t a national half off. I watched with my own eyes the price that rang up for a walnut Weatherby vanguard and Ruger mini ranch rifles.

Yes, it was, you just must have some real winners behind the counter at the Walmart you went to. I got some from 2 different Walmarts in TN, at $249 for the Vanguards, and $199 for a Savage.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
No, it wasn’t a national half off. I watched with my own eyes the price that rang up for a walnut Weatherby vanguard and Ruger mini ranch rifles.

Yes, it was, you just must have some real winners behind the counter at the Walmart you went to. I got some from 2 different Walmarts in TN, at $249 for the Vanguards, and $199 for a Savage.

Jack em up and sell them to the fools on TnDeer

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Two different guns than that are all we scanned (a mini and a walnut vanguard) and they did come up less than marked but not 349 and 399.i didn’t bother to check anymore because they cold not sell a gun anyway supposedly.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Somewhat informed young man today told me it's specific to location on what is stocked and what is clearanced. The Weatherby clearance started a month ago supposedly at $349. Another hunert off and then stuff went quick.

Have 243, trade for 308 in Montana....

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
checked in flagstaff, luckily (for me) they were out of the synthetic .308

not a big weatherby guy, but for $250, love to have a weatherby truck gun! grin

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
G
G23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Just picked up a synthetic 243 for $249. If nothing else, it will be for my first grandson I hope to get some day. Passed on the wood stock 243 as I already have a 6mm so don''t really need a 243. They were out of the 308's and 30-06's or else I would have picked up one of those. Thanks to the original poster for bring this to my attention and causing another "what do you need another gun for" fight with the wife.

G23

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by screaminweasil

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Screaminweasil,
I am jealous of your wood.

Crap, can not believe i just typed that.

The 243 I brought home last night is pretty plain, and the one still at the store waiting on approval from Oregon State Police is also plain, and actually has dents in the finish above and in front of the trigger from getting bumped around in the display case. But at the price I grabbed it anyway.

If it will shoot anything like the one I brought home last night, they will be the best gun dollars I ever spent.
[Linked Image]

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk

Jack em up and sell them to the fools on TnDeer

You should have seen the counter guy acting like they weren’t on sale. He said someone would have told him. Haha

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I'm callin' bullshit on all of it.

I went out in a pouring rain yesterday to buy a $399 Mini 14 and found one at the local Walmart. It was marked $747.

,......had to chase the guy down that worked behind the gun counter,...told him that his Mini 14 had been marked down to $399,..and he raised one eyebrow and looked at me like I was brain damaged.

,...damn near got run over by a fat woman drivin' one of them electric shoppin' scooters on the way out too.

Fuggit. I don't need another .223 any damn way.

That’s about how my investigation went. I drug my ass to Walmart to see about 50% off guns. Fuggin background check machine was broken, but the two guns we scanned did ring up about a 1/3 less than regular marked price.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Probably playing coy so he can save it for friends/family

Which walmart was this?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JTman
As I posted above, the synthetic Vanguards at the Altoona Pa Walmart were marked on close out at 349.99 so I told them to scan the box....scanned the box, came up at 349.99. Told them that it's a national clearance and they should be 249.99 and that Duncansville had them for that as I had just been on the phone with them. Nope, they said they can't price match yada yada yada.....

So I left and drove over to Duncansville (which isn't very far) and by the time I got there the people at the sports counter told me Altoona Walmart had called them and told them to check their prices!!!! (Pricks)

Anyway the attractive sweet lady in Duncansville says, we're going to check the box but we have them priced at 249.99 so that's what you get them for (the box rang up the same). I said thank you very much!!

Sounds like the aholes in Altoona need a cleanup in aisle 3.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ask them if they have updated their prices on their hand held scanner. They have to update at least once per day.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I tried to get a Rem 700 for $189, dude replied that it ain't happening!

That said, I am very happy with the Vanguard Select's feel, fit, finish - totally stole it. Wish I could find a 308.

Thanks Paul! Heck, I didn't even know that I needed another rifle, but, apparently I did!

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 08/18/18.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Man the last thing I need is another rifle, but those Vanguards are tempting. I miss the one I traded away 25 years ago.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Don't know how it is around the rest of the country but at our nearest Walmart stores I pretty well knew from past experience that most likely it would be an exercise in futility not to mention wasted gas and time to go chasing around from store to store after the first few hours from the time these sales first start because odds would be slim to none at finding any of the more desirable final closeout priced items still in stock due in a large part to store associate tip-offs passed on early to a select few.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
^^^^(.,!?)^^^^ laugh

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 08/18/18.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Youngest granddaughter had her 6th birthday party at Chucky Cheese late yesterday, so I left home early enough to stop and see what Walmart had left. Stopped at one in Kentucky, and another in Tennessee. Both still had some Weatherby's, both wood and synthetic stocked for $249, and the Tennessee store still had a Ruger Ranch for $399. I asked about the Remington 700's, but both stores said that they weren't marked down. However, I'm going to watch for the next few days, just in case.

The way it was explained to me, was that Walmart is in the process of restocking their firearm inventory, getting ready for the layaway season, which starts August 31. I guess they're getting rid of stuff that isn't selling to their liking, or else has been in inventory too long. As to the gun companies making guns exclusively for Walmart, the 10-22 I bought has a different stock, and came with a sling attached, something that I've never seen in a LGS. Not saying it was a Walmart special, just saying it doesn't look exactly like the ones I've seen elsewhere.

I know that there are a lot of posters on here who don't like Walmart, but when they have a sale, they have a sale. I have bought Remington 700's for less than $200, and bought a couple of AR's when they ran a clearance on them at 50% off. They shot just as good as anything I would have paid retail price for at a LGS.

Page 8 of 39 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 38 39

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1Longbow, 204guy, 10gaugeman, 54 invisible), 1,887 guests, and 1,051 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,877
Posts18,497,732
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.