Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 39 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 38 39
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Thanks to the OP. There's some screaming deals out there.

Very early in the thread I visited my local Wally World and spied a couple of Vangards in the case a 243 and a 270. Of course there's no employees in that quadrant of the store. Bought my cat litter and left.

I was a bit hesitant to go look again after hearing about Czeck22 [sorry spelling] luck in finding deals.

Used the search engine for WW and it showed nothing in stock so I assumed they had been purchased.

After I did my chores this morning-took till noon I checked Brick Seek again and saw the same 2 Ruger Minis in So. Reno so I figured I would give it a try.

I thought I would try my local WW first and low and behold but only once I got a Asst. manager to scan them I grabbed both the 243 and the 270 @ $249 apiece.

Then off to the Damonte Ranch store for a Mini 14. Brick Seek showed 2 of them before I left and if you've purchased a firearm at WW in these parts you know everything goes slow-mo.

Get to the next store and find a guy who's been traversing NW Nevada buying stuff all day @ WW's waiting on his purchase of a Mini. At this point it had taken 2 hours. Reason given-computer problems.

So we talk about the great deals and he tells me he got a 243 and a 308 with fantastic wood in Carson City and was finishing off with the mini.

Once the other guy got his Mini the gun counter gal started to look to see if she could find the other MIni. I could've used a sundial to time the glacially slow progress but they did find the other Mini.

After getting another Asst. manager to pull it out of the dark recesses of the store I started the paperwork to purchase the gun. While waiting the clerk and I notice 2 cracks in the stock. There on both sides of the trigger guard with one going to the wrist. Not wanting to drive 85 miles round trip to the closest store with a Mini I told them I would buy hoping to get some help from Ruger or just buy another stock for it but would appreciate a discount.

They agreed it would be easier to do that and knocked off another 10%. Got it for $359. Happy happy.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nice work!!!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by H5farm
Bayou are you sure limited stock zero means they have one? This one town shows that they are a couple in limited stock in two walmarts in that town. Howevery every other walmart within 160 miles has OUT OF STOCK ZERO.

How often is this brickseek updated and would it be worth the drive to check? This town is about an hour and 20 minutes away however Monday morning I will be withing 35 minutes of this town and would run over to it to score another rifle.

They aren’t stocking any according to the guy that sold me mine, they only have the ones on display. He said they got 1 in each caliber and that’s it.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
What's the SKU for a Mini-14?

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by czech1022
What's the SKU for a Mini-14?

Wish I knew. Does anyone have a list compiled of all the SKUs?

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Hey czech the sku off my box is 73667605801. Its for the mini with a wood stock.

Brickseek shows there may be one on 7th St. and in Lemmon Valley along with the WW on Market in Carson City. Also still shows 2 in Fernley.

Got the lowdown from the folks at Damonte WW that the one on Kietzke had a bunch of Vangards and the price was lower @ $240.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Hey I also have to mention along with the replies of the other new Vangard owners. The triggers are the bomb.

These are the best triggers I've felt on Vangards or Howas including the new 2 stage on the newer Howas. Will not need to order a Timney.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JLimbo
Hey czech the sku off my box is 73667605801. Its for the mini with a wood stock.

Brickseek shows there may be one on 7th St. and in Lemmon Valley along with the WW on Market in Carson City. Also still shows 2 in Fernley.

Got the lowdown from the folks at Damonte WW that the one on Kietzke had a bunch of Vangards and the price was lower @ $240.

Im from PA, but that SKU doesnt show up at all. But 17200884 does in most of the zip codes off the top of my head.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
17656099 is showing up here as the Savage Axis 308. 17656101 is 30-06 Savage Axis. And 104852656 Savage Axis no caliber.

Last edited by pahick; 08/19/18.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by H5farm
Bayou are you sure limited stock zero means they have one? This one town shows that they are a couple in limited stock in two walmarts in that town. Howevery every other walmart within 160 miles has OUT OF STOCK ZERO.

How often is this brickseek updated and would it be worth the drive to check? This town is about an hour and 20 minutes away however Monday morning I will be withing 35 minutes of this town and would run over to it to score another rifle.

They aren’t stocking any according to the guy that sold me mine, they only have the ones on display. He said they got 1 in each caliber and that’s it.

These guns being sold are from actual in store inventories which will no doubt differ from store to store. As late as Sunday morning, several stores near me still had more than one of several different Vanguard models and calibers. Those showing limited quantities with 0 in stock only had the one in the gun case. I know for a fact that one of the stores near me has sold 4 Mini-14's in the past few days at the reduced prices. They now have none in the store. A store down the road maybe only had 1 when this sale started. As a result, what the sales guy told you might apply to his store - if he really knows - and it might not apply to a store just down the road somewhere based on their normal thru the door traffic. As you can see from reading this thread, some stores don't even know whats in their back room and don't want to find out in some cases. Hence some guys ask and go away shaking their heads. That is simply poor local management.

The thing that some are missing is that Walmart corporate HQ can see real time inventories at literally each store in the US. Some are large market stores and some are small market in terms of actual traffic thru the doors. As a result, one store might stock 100 "widgets" while the next store might only stock 50 of the same widget at a time. Knowing what is in an individual store inventory wise in real time is how they are able to correctly restock individual stores with truck shipments made up of all items of all kinds sold in individual stores from a common warehouse. Hence, lets say the "Monday truck" inventory being delivered at one store will be different from the "Monday truck" deliveries at the next store down the road, and so on. Inventory on all items in a store is real time or as close as it can be when checked by HQ sales/stock personnel. And with what they are doing, don't expect a store to get new stocks of rifles Monday unless a warehouse that supplies that store also has excess inventory that HQ wants moved. By now their low prices - and with the word out among consumers - they are probably close to balancing everything to where they want inventories to be before newly purchased merchandise comes into the Walmart supply chain and is moved to individual stores. Simple corporate marketing strategies at work. As an aside, each item you pay for at the register is deducted from inventory in that store at the time of sale. The chip based cash register does that in the background.

Don't confuse this with what happens in a store when an employee has no idea what is going on. A knowledgeable Walmart floor employee is a rare breed.......... On Friday when I bought a Mini-14, the Asst. Store Manager of a large market store was not aware that guns were on sale until he literally scanned a few stickers in their sale rack. As to your success if you make the drive tomorrow, I have no friggen' idea. And a phone call to that store might yield you absolutely nothing in terms of the real facts or you might get the absolute truth. Who knows until you try?

And no........ I don't work for Walmart, but I am damn sure that they do employ common corporate marketing strategies and techniques aided by modern computer and communication capabilities. And that in no way infers that any individual store floor employee, even some with the label of manager, can find his or her butt at any time during their shift without help.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MarkFed
Walmart doesn’t sell guns where I live. Hasn’t for 20 years.

Same here. I had to drive to the Mechanicsburg Walmart which is an hour away. I called first.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JLimbo
Hey I also have to mention along with the replies of the other new Vangard owners. The triggers are the bomb.

These are the best triggers I've felt on Vangards or Howas including the new 2 stage on the newer Howas. Will not need to order a Timney.

The triggers are awesome.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I've been telling you dumb schits to buy Vanguards/Howa's for years. I guess they just needed a $249 price tag to get you to bite.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Picked up a 243, I’m confused on everybodies good trigger reports. The on I got is horrid. 2 stage and then it breaks once without Going off then about another 3 pounds of pressure and it goes. I guess I’ve been shooting jewels and even Timneys to long. Everything else seems fine but I im going to not start at the start and see how it goes.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
They're adjustable.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I picked one up in .308 and it is a lot better finished and the trigger is light years better than a 30-06 Vanguard I have from 15 years ago or so. My only gripes are that it is heavy and I don’t really see the point in a 24 inch barrel in a .308. I’m thinking about putting it in a Basner and cutting the barrel to 20 or 21 inches. That would be a very nice rifle for about $600.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by msuhunter
Picked up a 243, I’m confused on everybodies good trigger reports. The on I got is horrid. 2 stage and then it breaks once without Going off then about another 3 pounds of pressure and it goes. I guess I’ve been shooting jewels and even Timneys to long. Everything else seems fine but I im going to not start at the start and see how it goes.

I love a two stage trigger. Take it over the hump, refine the sight picture, then break it. I understand people have difficulty getting used to that and try to treat it as one long squeeze.

Last edited by Armednfree; 08/20/18.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Grabbed a 243 just minutes ago. Will be the first Howa I have owned and worked with.
The price was too good to pass up.
GreggH

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I've owned a few Vanguards over the years and all have been excellent shooters with good barrels.

I have noticed that they are by nature heavy rifles with triggers that one has to get used to as others have stated. This generally comes from people who are huge single stage fans. Vanguards have beau coup "creep" or take-up for those people. For others, they are "good triggers". I've always been happy with them but I wouldn't want one on a bench rifle. They are fine for a hunting rifle as they can be made to be consistent with a bit of work.

I used this sale as an opportunity to buy what I knew from experience would be a good rifle for a grandson who will soon be of hunting age. He already shoots 22LR and a 243 Vanguard will be a good reliable first gun for him.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Yeah get what you are saying about trigger. Have been switching my Remingtons
over to Trigger Techs so this is definitely a different gig. I will have to play with it
before I decide if the trigger stays.
GreggH

Page 11 of 39 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 38 39

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1936M71, 10gaugeman, 2500HD, 257 roberts, 1minute, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,458 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,686
Posts18,494,041
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.