Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
I have for sale is I nice AYA matador 20 gauge side by side single trigger gun an the barrels are 28 inch full/modified metal is very good on this gun an the Wood is crack free chambers for 2 3/4 an 3 inch shells. I can send pics by email. $850 shipped

Thanks for any interest

GB1

I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
What model Matador ?

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
I don’t know a lot about the AYA Guns other than there nice an shoot really good

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Is there a distinct marking on the gun that would tell you what model matador it is?
Originally Posted by Illurian00
What model Matador ?

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Gonna try an load pics soon

IC B2

I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
Originally Posted by Jeremy783
Is there a distinct marking on the gun that would tell you what model matador it is?
What model Matador ?

Their were at least three models of Matador. Models I, II & III. Should be so marked on the barrel. If it simply is marked 'Matador', I would assume it to be the first model.
I have a Model II, 20ga., 3". and so marked. It actually came a 'proof certificate'; stamped, singed and embossed, inscribed w/ the date it passed it's proof tests (Oct. '64), the proof marks on the certificate correspond to the proof marks on the barrels and water table. The certificate carries the basic specifications and serial number as well.
Mine has a little engraving and color case receiver. Selective trigger & selective ejectors. Carried it upland for a decade. It was my dogs' favorite. Classy little guns.
Dog has long since departed for happier hunting grounds. Not much game around these days, but I'll shoot an occasional round of trap w/ it.

Last edited by Illurian00; 08/11/18.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What model Matador ?

Their were at least three models of Matador. Models I, II & III. Should be so marked on the barrel. If it simply is marked 'Matador', I would assume it to be the first model.
I have a Model II, 20ga., 3". and so marked. It actually came a 'proof certificate'; stamped, singed and embossed, inscribed w/ the date it passed it's proof tests (Oct. '64), the proof marks on the certificate correspond to the proof marks on the barrels and water table. The certificate carries the basic specifications and serial number as well.
Mine has a little engraving and color case receiver. Selective trigger & selective ejectors. Carried it upland for a decade. It was my dogs' favorite. Classy little guns.
Dog has long since departed for happier hunting grounds. Not much game around these, but I'll shoot an occasional round of trap w/ it.

I had the very same model Matador II, but without any paperwork. Really an enjoyable scattergun, particularly for the price. Unfortunately I never really shot it so it went to a happy home.

"Pessimism never won any battle." - Dwight Eisenhower
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Up for the evening crowd!! Several interested in this gun but no one committed yet!!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Pics?

Oh, and believe it or not, deer bite. Fairly hard.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Up for the evening crowd!! Several interested in this gun but no one committed yet!!

You're too high, IMO. That's why.

The first series had a blued receiver with light engraving. Does the SS trigger function OK?

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Hmmm!! Too high? Before I posted this for sale I looked online for prices an from what I have found this is by far the cheapest priced AYA 20 gauge with 28 inch barrels an a single selective trigger I have seen. Find me one cheaper that’s for sale on the net!!
Originally Posted by luv2safari

The first series had a blued receiver with light engraving. Does the SS trigger function OK?

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Hmmm!! Too high? Before I posted this for sale I looked online for prices an from what I have found this is by far the cheapest priced AYA 20 gauge with 28 inch barrels an a single selective trigger I have seen. Find me one cheaper that’s for sale on the net!!

I have shot this gun very little maybe 50-75 rounds an have shot each barrel individually an also shot it for doubles with no problems at all

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I've seen a Matador before with ejectors. Does this have those, or just extractors?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I have shot this gun very little maybe 50-75 rounds an have shot each barrel individually an also shot it for doubles with no problems at all

I find drillings all the time like mine that are for sale for crazy prices. It doesn't mean mine are worth those prices, and I'm not saying your price is crazy. Anything is worth what people will pay. If the market says yours is worth more than what I think more power to you and best of fortune in your sale.

My first double gun was a new 20ga Matador I got at age 12. I loved the gun and still like them. The SS trigger and selective ejectors in a moderately priced double were almost unheard of. I like the gun well enough that I bought my stepson a 12ga early Matador. It's by far his favorite gun.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
It’s the ejector style
Originally Posted by GrouseChaser
I've seen a Matador before with ejectors. Does this have those, or just extractors?

Originally Posted by GrouseChaser

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Evening bump

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
$825 shipped

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Sunday bump

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Trade pending

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (222Sako, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 63 invisible), 2,254 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,276
Posts18,486,709
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.