Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Its not illegal to send it USPS, its against their policy because quite frankly, most of their workers can’t pass a Haz Dec class to certify packages.

By law the “shipper” is responsible, the USPS, FedX, UPS carrier is the shipper and you the sender cannot be held responsible because technically the certifier has to certify what the package contains. You don’t qualify to be a “certifier”. The penalty and fines are stiff as hell for a certifier that screws up. The only legal way to certify correctly is for each package to be opened and verified by a CERTIFIER, that ain’t gonna happen.

Ammo does NOT have to go ground either.

The whole damn purpose of the program is for compatibility of items most especially on aircraft and maritime. The maritime regs are over 10,000 pages.

If I were you, I’d not pertend to be a certifier by marking the box ORM-D, your ignorance is best.

Was just reading the list of USPS publication of "prohibited items". Small arms ammunition is definitely on the list.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was a cargo certifier in the military when I weren’t killing people, had to certify my own war materials or stuff we confiscated. I also rewrote some of the regs, and I’ve taken the class like five times. It got real when a cargo plane went down in the Everglades. GI’s I think are still exempt from penalties but so help me God, you couldn’t pay me enough to play Russian roulette in the civilian world, the penalties are stiff and it only takes one mishap for prison time.

Discussions like this and stamping your John Hancock on a box you didn’t verify the contents...No way man!

You guys are confusing legality with policy

Unless you are mailing a bomb or you are the certifier, or the guy who loads the shipping vessel with incompatible items, you cannot be held legally accountable.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 08/22/18.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
I was a cargo certifier in the military when I weren’t killing people, had to certify my own war materials or stuff we confiscated. I also rewrote some of the regs, and I’ve taken the class like five times. It got real when a cargo plane went down in the Everglades. GI’s I think are still exempt from penalties but so help me God, you couldn’t pay me enough to play Russian roulette in the civilian world, the penalties are stiff and it only takes one mishap for prison time.

Discussions like this and stamping your John Handcock on a box you didn’t verify the contents...No way man!

You guys are confusing legality with policy

Nope, you are clueless and attempting to make an argument from authority. You are bad wrong, period.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nope

I have no authority, I’m just ones and zeros on the internet. Its all entertainment for me.

I also like caliber debates, folks who base their purchases on internet accuracy, and how well said weapons kill grizzly bears.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 08/22/18.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
My class was about shipping oilfield Chemicals in Drums and totes and waste on Boats. The format of the books is the same. The class was about how to use the books. It is up to my company to buy up to date books for us to use.
The instructor and I talked about ammo shipping during a break because we both are shooters and reloaders.
The penalties for misrepresenting a shipment are obscenely severe as said above in the thread.
I got an e-mail from my company last night that another company had just been fined by the EPA for 1.3 million for using an incorrect waste generator # on a shipping form. No waste was spilled or made it into the environment just a typo.

IC B2

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

244 members (1minute, 204guy, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 16penny, 257_X_50, 1beaver_shooter, 32 invisible), 2,242 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,113
Posts18,483,446
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.