Originally Posted by Orville
U seem like very very smart and have lots of stuff in your brain

U don't......

Last edited by huntsman22; 09/09/18.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
When one cannot draw a clear distinction between bear hunting and personal defense, something is very wrong.

Well it sorta depends on where your travels take you; but I get your drift and generally agree.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by bfrshooter
I do not post as much, silly things can't be fixed but the question is, Would I carry a .380? Maybe if it was all I could lug around. As long as choices are better and a small .45 ACP can be had, why? Many, many bullets have flatland on skulls that are the hardest bone in the body. Bears still alive after a rifle have been head shot with small guns and the bullet did not penetrate. I have to give the ACP a better grade. Bullet weight is better. Many think a handgun no matter is deadly will be mistaken. Yet a revolver is as deadly as any rifle or more so. I have turned deer into a black bag with more meat loss then I want to see with revolvers. You will never make a .380 into a hunting gun. Neck shot at near 100 yards with a good revolver. Too big for people around the BG of course. There e is a limit to prevent collateral damage. But you MUST stop the BG and anything less then a drop can get you killed. You need energy.

Wow, you aren't making much of a case for literacy in WV. The only thing worse than your writing, is your knowledge of what you are writing about.

How many bears have you shot that the bullet bounced off?

Rambling about neck shots and handguns with more meat loss than you want to see in revolvers???

Good grief, your points aren't as good as the one on the top of glockdoofus's head.

You 2 need to get together and start an inbred reality show, you could net Hundred$.

The original question was about how good a .380 is and both of you have failed to comprehend that, but you keep on posting like a train derailment...

Well said Shrap

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bfrshooter
I understand you all are experts and can hit a man in the head at 50 yards with a .380. I could not do it and would never try it either but you are so good you amaze me. You are welcome to come and shoot. my range is open all the time. I will bet a case of beer that you will not hit at 7 yards. I will put you in a stand to shoot a deer with your little toy too but do not ask me to find it. I will supply a lot of light while you crawl on your knees for 24 hours.
You have never shot anyone or an animal but you are an expert. I have not shot anything with a .380 except paper and do not want to. The gun is so powerful with so much recoil it scares me. I will leave you speechless with one shot from a .475 or .500. You might go call 911 for help with a cracked head. Tough guy with a revolver. I will not say who. but then again what I see here.

[Linked Image]

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Orville
there is no relations of BRF and I, we canot be cousins do to his local which is in west vargina, many of the folks hear are kind of jealous of his shootin and stuff. I figure he was asked to belong to the mensar group however did not cause they wanted to pick his brain as his levels where much higher.

Wow again, if you and bfr aren’t related, it can’t be a coincidence that you are such DNA oddities. I would guess you were both discovered by the Roto Rooter man...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Prefer my Sigs 9mms and wish my .44s were more concealable, but my BUG and/or secondary PPK/S is pretty accurate under 15 yards and feel it can defend well (with good shot placement [ obviously ] ) when loaded with XTPs.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by NH K9

Also, can someone show me the revolver that is “as deadly or more so” than my rifles. Thanks!

Here you go....

[Linked Image]

Sorry for the thread hijacking! LOL

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

The Gun Digest Book of Hunting Revolvers:
https://youtu.be/zKJbjjPaNUE

Bovine Bullet Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmtZky8T7-k&t=35s

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s
J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Nice shooting MOGC. The little Kahr PM380 shoots about the same. I have 3 .380's now, 2 Kahr's and one Ruger LC380 my wife shoots. I need to revisit the lcp again.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
If you'll shoot some animals with your 380, you'll see that it performs just like CCI stingers from a .22lr RIFLE barrel, and for the same reason. The jhp's wont expand, so some of your pathetic 190 ft lbs gets wasted. The CCI stinger expands and wastes none of its `160 ft lbs. If you'd be comforted by having just a ..22lr rifle (without the eyeball hit potential). then you can "feel ok" about the 380. But since there's 6"x 4.5" x 15 oz 9mm's like the Sig P938 and the Kahr CM9 (I recommend the latter) , and you can have 370 ft lbs of power and assured expansion of the 100 gr CorBon 9mm jhp, the 380 makes no sense. That is, unless you're so enfeebled that you can't handle the 9mm's recoil, which is the case with a lot of petite women and elderly folks. The odds are very high that if you dont constantly WEAR your gun, you wont get to it. Running to get a gun is likely to get you shot in the back 4x per second as you try.

Last edited by satir; 09/11/18.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by satir
If you'll shoot some animals with your 380, you'll see that it performs just like CCI stingers from a .22lr RIFLE barrel, and for the same reason. The jhp's wont expand, so some of your pathetic 190 ft lbs gets wasted. The CCI stinger expands and wastes none of its `160 ft lbs. If you'd be comforted by having just a ..22lr rifle (without the eyeball hit potential). then you can "feel ok" about the 380. But since there's 6"x 4.5" x 15 oz 9mm's like the Sig P938 and the Kahr CM9 (I recommend the latter) , and you can have 370 ft lbs of power and assured expansion of the 100 gr CorBon 9mm jhp, the 380 makes no sense. That is, unless you're so enfeebled that you can't handle the 9mm's recoil, which is the case with a lot of petite women and elderly folks. The odds are very high that if you dont constantly WEAR your gun, you wont get to it. Running to get a gun is likely to get you shot in the back 4x per second as you try.

Just when you think the dust is settled, along comes another authority. Too bad there isn’t a Disney forum here so that more people could post on Fantasyland...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I suspect that we have an existing member who had an identity crisis and decided to undergo a sub rosa name change procedure under the guise of a new registration.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

It's funny how many guys line up on this thread just to show their ass.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
You fellas need to check out the Lehigh defense loads...radical new bullet design that outperforms most 9x19 loads without over penetrating. From what I can see the new bullet design is right at home with the 38spl and 380 auto...nothing more.

Id pack a 380 any day of the week...and do some days.

-Joe-

The "Anti-Tactical"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Man, I could have killed at least two elk in two shots this weekend if I could have legally used my Glock 42 and Buffalo Bore hardcast ammo instead of my bow. I had perfect broadside shots on two under 20 yards on Saturday, but I couldn’t get an arrow on the bow without (probably) getting busted. I had a cow and two bulls go by me broadside under 30 yards yesterday, but the window in the forest clutter was too tight to accommodate the trajectory of the arrow but plenty large enough for a firearm. They would have been chip shots for double lung pass-throughs. But, I don’t need food that bad, it wouldn’t be legal, and it’s more fun with a bow. They didn't know I was there, they all walked, and our paths may cross again sometime.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Saw this and had a good lol. Fits well in this conversation....

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Funny.

I like his "snub nose" revolver, which looked like a four inch S&W Model 27.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And he said "clip" also.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Captain Obvious in a former life.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Mike74

It's funny how many guys line up on this thread just to show their ass.

read his name...…..satir………..bob

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Funny.

I like his "snub nose" revolver, which looked like a four inch S&W Model 27.

I liked the part when the bullets fell off the target, too.

Page 27 of 29 1 2 25 26 27 28 29

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

108 members (35, 21, 358wsm, 6mmbrfan, 406_SBC, 10Glocks, 16 invisible), 1,513 guests, and 900 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,945
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.