Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Originally Posted by Cariboujack

Paul, I too, have had great service from Doug on several occasions, including a couple of times when things were on short notice, he went out of his way to make sure things got to me in time to meet my schedule. I have been thrilled with the quality of stuff they carry as well as their service. I have recommended them on many occasions.

I've made several orders and received them quickly as well.

Unfortunately, I guess I might as well air my complaints as well since this thread is a perfect place (safe space?) for sniveling.

A bunch of years ago I ordered and received a nice moderately priced binocular.....solid and sturdy. It even held up to some deep sub-zero temps. Unfortunately the crappy thing bounced however. It was also a sinker. Consequently when it bounced out of the unzipped bag on my snowmachine while traversing the deep powder of an uphill slope, that piece of junk flipped out of the bag while I wasn't looking and landed in waste deep powder, undoubtedly sinking to terra firma somewhere along a 200 yard stretch. I looked, but the sneaky thing didn't even make a track. I didn't even bother to call Doug, Where can a guy get good customer service these days????

Some time later I ordered a cheaper pair of Minolta binocs for the cabin....grab and go type glass, the kind of glass you don't mind losing...which is why you never do. Well, these were no good either. Yeah, they worked just fine for awhile. My single-digit-aged boys could pick them up, use them readily, set them down somewhere, and they never got lost. But then one time we stalked a bear downhill through 3/4 miles of some of the deepest tundra tussocks one would care to negotiate on foot. Those young guys were great, but half-way back up the hill, we had to stop to rest. Those damned glasses got lazy and refused to follow when we started again.

I reckon both of those lazy, good-for-nothing binoculars are still out there somewhere, probably bitching like some of the ner-do-wells who post here.

Doug.......or somebody....really ought to up their game. Sheesh! grin

Since you made this post we sent guys out to AK looking for those 2 binoculars and found them, so if you'd like to buy them back please let me know smile

Please charge my credit card and ship them priority..... 4350270078282520 exp 43/20 sec code 296

Done. Thanks!

Dang it. I forgot to mention: "No Smoking" ..............it all says "smokeless". grin

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Hi Doug. Is Joel in this week?

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Greyghost
I remember way back when, when Stick and a few others here were trying to cause a big stink about Doug aligning himself with this and a few other sites. They didn't want him here period. Turned out Camera Land being here worked out great and I believe even Stick fell in line and purchased from them.

That was a lot of years ago...

Phil

What a neat story.

What a diick smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Greyghost
I remember way back when, when Stick and a few others here were trying to cause a big stink about Doug aligning himself with this and a few other sites. They didn't want him here period. Turned out Camera Land being here worked out great and I believe even Stick fell in line and purchased from them.

That was a lot of years ago...

Phil

What a neat story.

Too funny.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Nebraska
Hi Doug. Is Joel in this week?

Joel is in all week

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
IC B2

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

622 members (160user, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1minute, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 66 invisible), 2,758 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,481
Posts18,490,172
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.