Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Pics will be coming. I do have this one from last year in a buddy’s boat.

[Linked Image]

NICE!!!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Took it out twice this last weekend. It ran great and looks exactly like it did in the video.

Two issues, I expected a couple surprises. The sonar when running the boat will not read depth, I think the transducer needs relocated. It also blows out coming out of the hole. Top speed 58.3 at 5200 Rpm’s. It has a trophy plus 4 blade 25p. Two prop plugs are 7/16 and 3/8, the other two are missing.
I have plugs ordered but from what I’ve been recommended from prop shops is a 23p Fury 4. I’ll see what the plugs do and possibly get a cavitation ring. My elevation is 3150. Any advice here would be appreciated.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Here’s the runt Sunday. The wife snapped the pic before I could even get the hook out and do some picture coaching. I had my hands full hung up with braided line! 😂

[Linked Image]

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Congratulations again! Smiling here!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks Kingston.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Good report. I’d say you’re over propped with a 25”, four blade. Would be cheaper for you to go to a prop shop and have them repitch it for you down to 23” pitch and they’ll have the plastic plugs, too. I’d hazard a guess for the repitch and plugs to be ~ 100$ using my area for a reference point. He might could also add just a bit of cup to each blade along with the 23” pitch.

If you keep blowing out, make sure you’re trimmed in all the way for your hole shot. If you have a trim gauge on your dash, the adjustment may be off a bit at the engine. If you are trimmed in and still blow out on the hole shot, you’ll need to let the engine down a little on the jack plate.

But, 1st, address the prop. Didn’t mean to blather so long here onya.

Let us know what transpires.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Good report. I’d say you’re over propped with a 25”, four blade. Would be cheaper for you to go to a prop shop and have them repitch it for you down to 23” pitch and they’ll have the plastic plugs, too. I’d hazard a guess for the repitch and plugs to be ~ 100$ using my area for a reference point. He might could also add just a bit of cup to each blade along with the 23” pitch.

If you keep blowing out, make sure you’re trimmed in all the way for your hole shot. If you have a trim gauge on your dash, the adjustment may be off a bit at the engine. If you are trimmed in and still blow out on the hole shot, you’ll need to let the engine down a little on the jack plate.

We lowered the jackplate a 1/4 inch to 3.75. We might should have waited but I have a buddy with the same boat and it worked for him. My brother has a lake house on LBJ and I think the 25p might be good for there, 450 elevation. Everyone needs a spare prop, I’m told. I plan on running a few at the lake before I pull the trigger but it’ll be a little while. The wife has a bow elk tag and a bear tag next week in NM.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

We lowered the jackplate a 1/4 inch to 3.75. We might should have waited but I have a buddy with the same boat and it worked for him. My brother has a lake house on LBJ and I think the 25p might be good for there, 450 elevation. Everyone needs a spare prop, I’m told. I plan on running a few at the lake before I pull the trigger but it’ll be a little while. The wife has a bow elk tag and a bear tag next week in NM.

I’ll go on record here and say you’ve got your priorities in order.

I doubt you could remove that grin off of your fishing buddy’s face with a wire brush!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

I’ll go on record here and say you’ve got your priorities in order.

I doubt you could remove that grin off of your fishing buddy’s face with a wire brush!

Thanks Toot. He swam his little ass off and had to hit the sack early. Lol

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Relish and treasure those days as they pass all too quickly.
Well done.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Took it out twice this last weekend. It ran great and looks exactly like it did in the video.

Two issues, I expected a couple surprises. The sonar when running the boat will not read depth, I think the transducer needs relocated. It also blows out coming out of the hole. Top speed 58.3 at 5200 Rpm’s. It has a trophy plus 4 blade 25p. Two prop plugs are 7/16 and 3/8, the other two are missing.
I have plugs ordered but from what I’ve been recommended from prop shops is a 23p Fury 4. I’ll see what the plugs do and possibly get a cavitation ring. My elevation is 3150. Any advice here would be appreciated.

To prop your boat properly you must know the manufacturers WOT recommendation.

Keep in mind that you may be able to accomplish this with the prop you currently have and adjusting the trim a little.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

So what was the compression on #4 again?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Keep in mind that you may be able to accomplish this with the prop you currently have and adjusting the trim a little.

It was trimmed. I think WOT or redline is about 5700-5800 RPM’s. The vent plugs may help, and I hope they do, but apparently they only help hole shot not top end. From the shops I’ve talked to it’s too much prop for this elevation.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kenneth

So what was the compression on #4 again?

Lol, I had another check done and we all good. They also said Opti’s are known to be all over the place.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

It was trimmed. I think WOT or redline is about 5700-5800 RPM’s. The vent plugs may help, and I hope they do, but apparently they only help hole shot not top end. From the shops I’ve talked to it’s too much prop for this elevation.

You're luggin' it at 5200 then, time to re-prop, get the right prop on there and you just might break 60!

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

You're luggin' it at 5200 then, time to re-prop, get the right prop on there and you just might break 60!

I’m thinking 62 at least.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't give a schit what anybody says, 60 mph on the water is friggen Smokin'!

I've done 72 on the water and that scared the schit out of me.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I don't give a schit what anybody says, 60 mph on the water is friggen Smokin'!

I've done 72 on the water and that scared the schit out of me.

58 is smoking! Lol, it’s plenty fast. I’m mainly trying to fix the blowing out problem. I don’t want to over rev it and want it to come out well. This particular boat isn’t known to be a speedster in the bass boat world, they’re known to handle and take rough water well. I’ll take that.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mike_S
I would be more concerned about the water pump impeller. We have issues with saltwater here that a freshwater engine might not experience but before I buy something used it’s going in for a replacement.

Impellers are not really affected by saltwater anymore than they are by fresh. The cups are stainless also, typically, and salt has never been an issue in our pumps. Run a thousand miles of silty river, however, and the cup will likely wear through in spots. (Some companies....OMC used to, maybe BRP still does...make chrome-plated to deal with silty river water.)

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It takes a little while to connect with a new boat. You'll figure it out. As far as the depth finder is concerned, there are low and high speed transducers. The low speed should be on your transoms and a high speed would probably be inside your hull. Most boats don't have the high speed transducer, and even if you do, there is typically a blind spot between a few miles per hour and "high speed".

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (222Sako, 338rcm, 1minute, 338reddog, 264magnum, 66 invisible), 2,344 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,541
Posts18,491,511
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.