Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Dad despised pro-wrestling and didn't care for MTV off the bat either. I was in 3rd or 4th grade before we had cable. Pretty sure our 1st cable package had 12-13 channels.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
About once a year, "The Birds" would come on and I think I was over 10 years old before my parents would let me watch it.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
The Outer Limits
I would have some bad nightmares after watching that show.
I watch it now and think it's corny.

The same with me. Mom wouldn't let us watch it and she was right. Bob

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
When I was 3, I used to have to seek the "Playboy Channel" on my TV. I got caught because my mom examined our cable bill &snitched me off. I tried to finger my sister, but they didn't buy it.

My dad didn't take it well when he caught me watching, "Girls Gone Wild", especially after the ninth time. I was 3 & a half & couldn't count, but my dad said my math skills were no excuse for watching debauchery. I thought it was an Olympic sport.

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Trumpster
When I was 3, I used to have to seek the "Playboy Channel" on my TV. I got caught because my mom examined our cable bill &snitched me off. I tried to finger my sister, but they didn't buy it.

My dad didn't take it well when he caught me watching, "Girls Gone Wild", especially after the ninth time. I was 3 & a half & couldn't count, but my dad said my math skills were no excuse for watching debauchery. I thought it was an Olympic sport.

Thats too funny!

Our son is now 30 years old. When he was in first grade the wifey would stop by the public library and check out educational videos for him to see. A favorite of his was the National Geographic video series because they showed all the unedited lion kills, elephant fights, tigers eating goats, crocs eating wildebeests etc...it contained all the blood and gore a kid could want! His favorite one was "the one with all the lions in it Mama!". Wifey would put it in the VCR and go on about her business of cooking supper, etc. He watched that movie for over a year until she passed through the room one time and saw all the natives dancing, nekkid of course, around the campfire celebrating a big kill or something...

Wifey told me that he was definitely mesmerized by her estimate, "25 or 30 big tittied women dancing and bouncing around the fire for about five minutes". I've never laughed so hard in my life....Wifey was beating herself up because she'd been checking out that vid for him for over a year, corrupting our son....then she just shook her head and laughed as well......and never checked that video out for him again.

Our broken hearted son had to go back to watching baboons and crocodiles....

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Never banned from anything. There wasn't anything on back then to worry about. But my dad never understood Laugh-In. He wasn't offended by it, it was just that he saw no humor in it. But he never missed Hee-Haw. Same show just from a rural slant rather than urban.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1beaver_shooter, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 65 invisible), 2,587 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,691
Posts18,534,529
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.